Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Oxygen therapy - maybe this should be a review?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
RuthMarion
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 19, 2006 6:55 am      Reply with quote
I started a new thread so you won't confuse me with Madonna.
My registered massage therapist got me started on the oxygen thing (yes, the kind that you inhale through the nose thingy) and it has made a huge difference in my total wellbeing - again not to be confused with Madonna.
For $35.00 I buy 100 minutes & can use them during a massage or just go in & relax in a comfy chair for 15 or 20 minutes at a time. I had surgery a couple of years ago & it snapped me right out of the anesthetic in just two visits. It gives me energy & for hours after you breathe so easily. I really, really, really want one for home but I'm afraid to price it out. We just bought a sailboat two days before my son announced his engagement Shock & we built a new house that is 50% unfurnished (SINCE 5 YEARS AGO!!!). Calming down.....
Maybe I should get estimates.
If you ever have the chance, try it. You'll like it.

*edited* to explain that this post derived from the one about Madonna being addicted to her oxygen machine! I could see it happening!!!
Chrissie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 19, 2006 8:08 am      Reply with quote
I work in a hospital. Tomorrow, I try to get up with one of our respiratory guys and ask him about this. I'll post his response tomorrow.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 19, 2006 4:14 pm      Reply with quote
Hey Ruth, at least it is your SON getting married!! My uncle had FOUR daughters to wed off (oh, and he had one son.. the only one NOT to get married Laughing )
RuthMarion
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 20, 2006 6:26 am      Reply with quote
I can't imagine 4 weddings Shock
I'm sure they were lovely but talk about stress!! Maybe your uncle would enjoy a little oxygen........ Wink
I'm really not complaining about my son. His intended is adorable and they are both easy going so they're putting up nicely with their respective crazy parents. Although it's a big wedding, we live in a small town and both families involved know alot of the same people (her parents are even good friends of ours). Immediate families aren't big so we're halving the costs with the bride's dad. I think it's becoming more popular to do that now. I'm excited and nervous - guess that's normal Cool
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 20, 2006 8:20 pm      Reply with quote
what is the tradition in the US? (sorry to hijack the oxygen thread for a moment)

In australia it was always brides family pay for the reception (everything but booze - groom's family pay for that). Groom himself pays for church and cars and bride her dress and bridesmaids stuff.

In Japan, people dont bring presents they just bring envelopes of CASH and that is used to pay for the wedding...the closer you are to the couple (either by friendship or family) the more you are supposed to bring. So some people dont bring enough to cover the cost, but some end up paying extra. You dont usually invite people's spouses or partner (outside of famiy of course) unless the spouse is a friend too. But you do have to invite everyone from work,including the company president. Laughing OH and basically the minimum to bring is $100, but ifyou come as a couple you must bring $300, because anything in even figures is bad luck. It is the same bummer as a single person going if you are reasonably close to someone and $100 would seem inappropriate.. yo uhave to jump to $300. ack!

I had 3 weddings in 4 months to go to once here and I was FLAT broke by the end of it (1 invite was for hubby AND me)

oh, I need oxygen just thinking of it (getting back on the track of the thread)
RuthMarion
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 21, 2006 6:02 am      Reply with quote
Interesting about weddings, isn't it? Even our small town is so vastly different from what I grew up with in a fair sized city.
Here halving things is pretty common & makes sense I think. The gown is paid for by the bride's family, the bride buys the presents for her attendants. The groom pays for the church, gratuity for the minister (or church). The attendants buy their own dresses & always argue about how ugly they are Laughing . The stag or buck & doe & generally the rehersal dinner is paid for by the groom's family. Here though the stag is a fund raiser for the bride & groom (sometimes I love tradition - this bothers me). Tickets are sold @ sbout $50 for the benefit of going, & it's a cash bar and inexpensive meal with dancing and such. The bridal showers also sleigh me here because they are HUGE & big ticket items are the gifts for the most part. Appliances, furniture, televisions, all of their china, flatwear, china & the like (sometimes even their house) (another thingthat I don't favour is this local big ticket tradition - it's embarassing Embarassed ) Myself, I'm giving my future daughter-in-law an outdoor garden tea shower in my backyard. It will be scandalous (sp) - how will they ever roll out the big stuff Shock . Wedding presents run from $100 & up & the majority of people bring their envelopes stuffed with money.
I'm happy for our son & his fiance but things in general here are way out of control. Although our new bride's dad could easily pay for the wedding we insisted on paying our half & their isn't any guilt on either side. Smile

*edited* to include - I just re-read you post about not asking spouses all the time - that's really different! We also need to ask everyone from work though & business connections. But in both of our family's cases, the dad's are the owner, president & ceo of their respective companies. Not fortune 500 companies mind you but enough to make for a big wedding reception. Laughing Laughing
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 21, 2006 9:05 am      Reply with quote
oh lord, forgot about wedding showers and hens/bucks night! we dont have those here, thank goodness... and you guys have to deal with that big rehersal dinner thing too, right (well, at least on my doses of US TV and movies they do Laughing )

Mind you, the average wedding over here for about 40-50 people runs at $30,000 - $40,000 (just for a 2 hour party with food and drink, dress hire, make-up/hair, and official photograph - where no body smiles)
RuthMarion
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 21, 2006 9:54 am      Reply with quote
Yikes! All I can say is......oh my goodness Embarassed
sweeps3

Thu Jul 31, 2008 5:44 pm      Reply with quote
Hi,
I wanted to revive this thread and learn if anyone has any news or comments about the original question.

I am also inerested in Oxygen machines.

Thanks
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:06 pm      Reply with quote
haha - I saw an "Oxygen Bar" in one of the airports a while ago....it might've been Detroit.... and just scratched my head hmm hel-LO? Wait til you get on the plane and take a big hit then! No. No. Don't do that really. Just jokin. The air crew get nervous when we act crazy.

I heard 100% O2 can cure cluster headaches, so I tried it when I had a migraine. Nada. Not the same thing as a cluster headache.

You gotta be careful if you have any lung/breathing problems huffing oxygen (like COPD) but assuming you're healthy...whatever makes you feel good.. huh?

Why not go for a run and kill 2 birds at the same time? Air is free and who wants to be weird hooked up to a machine wearing a silly tube in her nose if she doesn't need it?? That's just dumb I think.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 01, 2008 7:14 pm      Reply with quote
edit: Sorry 'bout the rant there *fixes feathers fussily*
I didn't mean that you are dumb! I just am a little skeptic I'm afraid.

5% products discount

Wed Aug 20, 2008 7:38 am      Reply with quote
I just saw this home oxygen unit infomercial but naturall it didn't tell the price! I'm going to check online. Thanks for reminding me!
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:17 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |