Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
SILKIA CAMELLIA OIL QUESTION
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
mermaid7000
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 19, 2006 11:56 am      Reply with quote
I have been reading about results people have had using Silkia Camellia Oil, such as a couple women have said it took away there forehead lines after using it faithfully for around 3 months. And I've even seen before and after pics and it looked like the results were dramatic, but you never know what else they may have had done.

I have moderately deep forehead lines that I know are caused by motion or moving my forehead. Is it wishfull thinking that this Silkia Camillia Oil will reduce these lines or do I need to be dealing with the freezing the muscle techniques such as Frownies. I've tried products with Argeline 10% for a couple months and Dermafreeze 365 and they did nothing for me. I'm just wondering if I should waste my time with this oil if these wrinkles are caused by motion. Anyone know the answer or someone who has been using this oil for at least a couple months????
Hope
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 19, 2006 12:54 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Mermaid,

I would think that the camellia oil would, by itself, not eliminate the lines unless they were dehydration lines rather than movement lines. I have one forehead line that is about half as deep now as it was a few months ago. I used Silkia quite a bit for a couple of months (not every night, though), and have used a squalane-based oil for the last couple of months. That plus cleansing with oil every couple of nights has helped plump up my skin very well.

But, I think that what's really helped reduce my lines is retinol alternated with IS Clinical Active Serum every other night. The Silkia and other oils have helped a great deal with dryness and dehydration, but I wouldn't say they were responsible for the actual line reduction by themselves.

I've tried several of the wrinkle relaxers and immobilizers, and none of them have worked for me (that's just my skin, though, as other people have had good results using them).

I'll be interested to hear others' views on the topic.
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 20, 2006 6:43 am      Reply with quote
I agree with Hope. I use (and love) Camellia Oil and it seems to plump up, and so diminish, the appearance of fine forehead lines, but it definitely doesn't eliminate them or smooth them out completely, as far as I'm aware.
sharky
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 20, 2006 9:28 am      Reply with quote
I also use the Silkia Cammelia oil. It is a nice oil but It did not do anything for fine lines.

I would suggest retinol (or one of the prescription ones like Tazorac) and/or glycolic acid peels. These really work on fine lines.
hendricks
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 20, 2006 11:32 am      Reply with quote
i have been using this Silkia oil since july, along with the Epidermx microdermbrasion protreatment scrub. All the small fine lines on my forehead are gone except for a deeper one ... i can't say which has helped more ... maybe the Epidermx scrub, i don't know. I think you will have a better shot if you also use something like microdermabrasion or retinoid as Sharky said. I had used glycolic acid peels for a couple of months before ... it did help a bit with some of my small fine lines but surely didn't do as much as the Silkia and Epidermx.
sharky
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 20, 2006 11:44 am      Reply with quote
I also use Epidermix. I think the best way to treat line is "peel and heal". The Silkia oil, PSF O2 Serum and copper peptides are part of the heal.
mermaid7000
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 20, 2006 12:07 pm      Reply with quote
Yes I thought of Retinoids. I was using Alpha Hydroxy acid (12% Glycolic acid cream) would that be just as effective as Retinol?? And I'm wondering also, does putting something that exfoliates on a line that is caused by movement gonna still reduce the line?

I have saw some peoples posts about wearing Frownies or surgical tape on it. I used surgical tape 3M Transpore and that REALLY flattens those lines out and keeps them flat a long time...although its hard to remove the tape and it leaves kinda a sticky film which me being acne prone wonders if it can cause breakouts. But wondering if the Alpha Hydroxy works against expression-induced forehead wrinkles
SuperCelebs
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 22, 2006 1:53 am      Reply with quote
i used the camellia oil for about 5 months on my forehead lines.. they werent even that deep and the oil did basically nothing for them.. the people saying it got rid of their lines were probably advertising it.. i see pretty much the same story about it on several boards about how it got rid of their lines in 3 months.
miley

Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:13 am      Reply with quote
I too wanna knw abt silkia camellia oil and epidermx 2 do they really work or not??????? Plz if anyone has the right info about it then reply me plzzz Smile
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:21 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |