Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
Your favorite "drugstore" finds...
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Olivia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 20, 2006 2:47 pm      Reply with quote
I love the part in Instyle magazine when they go in the stars makeup bags...I love seeing what people use to make them beautiful. I think it is so cool when someone that could afford LaMer uses kiehls because then you know it must get the job done or they wouldn't keep using it. I am particularly interested in the "drugstore" or non designer finds that each of you swear by because I know this group is a bit more skincare/makeup savvy than most. My "cant live without" drugstore finds are below.

(It doesn't have to be from a drugstore...I just mean products that you can find anywhere...like Target rather than Sephora)

Bonnie Bell Lip gloss in Strawberry (this goes everywhere with me...love the flavor/smell/consistency)

Cetephil Moisturizer (no spf) (I use this at night because I can put it everywhere...eyes/ears/neck etc and I don't have to worry about breaking out. Not to mention it is cheap and you get a lot in those bottles)

St. Ives Apricot Scrub (I have been told that this can be bad for you skin but it makes my skin feel sooo good)

Head and Shoulders Shampoo Clean Formula (I have used everything for hair(Dermalogica/Pureology/Kerastase/Dove etc. and I have not found anything that makes my hair this manageable and shiny. I do not have dandruff but I love how it rinses clean and doesn't strip my hair. I have color treated straight hair)

Neutragena Shine Serum (I use this just before I blow dry my hair...it makes it glossy and substitutes as my conditioner since I do not use one in the shower.)

Nivea Soft Hand Lotion (Its powerful but not greasy...my hands get so dry and this stuff works to keep my cuticles in check and my hands soft)

Revlon Colorstay Makeup (Its the foundation I keep coming back to....it stays put and looks natural...all the while it covers my acne scars!)

Max Factor 2000 Calorie Mascara (I haven't been able to find it lately...hope it isn't discontinued...it is the best I've found)

ah....I could go on but these are the ones that I pick up just about every time I go to Target/CVS/Rite Aid. I cant wait to hear about yours!
mom2tommax
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 20, 2006 3:34 pm      Reply with quote
#1 drugstore find ---- Burt's Bee Lip Shimmers

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 20, 2006 3:47 pm      Reply with quote
Bonne Bell Lip Smacker in Dr Pepper!

Swisspers Cotton Rounds

I use Dollar store baby wipes to get makeup off the palms of my hands without disturbing the sunscreen that is on top.
Mary H.
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 20, 2006 4:40 pm      Reply with quote
OMG! Bonnie Bell Lip Smackers…I loved those when I was in Jr. High, and I’m almost 40 now, so apparently they are an enduring favorite! Laughing Thanks for the trip down memory lane…I’m gonna get a few next time I hit the Walgreens!

Okay…now for the current favorites…

Healing Garden “Green Tea” scented products – Love their bath gel, lotion and body spray. It just has a nice, light, clean scent. I have other green tea scented things (Elizabeth Arden, etc.)…but this brand is probably my favorite (and cheap, too!)

Arctic Frost Wrinkle Cream – This is a new find…Kiki (member of this board) just told me about it last week. She read about it on another board, and it’s another alternative to the $115.00 Freeze 24/7 (like Wrinkle Eeze, DermaFreeze, etc.). I have never tried a “freeze” product, but really wanted to…and the price was right for this one ($29.99 at Walgreens). And I’ll be damned if this stuff doesn’t work like a charm!! I love the PSF Browtox, but a little of this over the top really makes an awesome combo. I was just starting to get the “11” going on (actually, just one line closer to my left brow)…and with these 2 products, it’s non-existent!

I’m sure there are other faves, but these are the two biggies for now. Fun idea for a thread!

Mary
jazzybelle
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 20, 2006 5:19 pm      Reply with quote
*Bonne Bell Lip Smackers in Dr. Pepper---leaves a nice sheer reddish pinky tint, very natural

*Queen Helene Mint Julep Mask---great inexpensive mask that helps keep my pores clean and prevents zits if I remember to use it weekly

*Neutrogena Clear Pore Cleanser/Mask---I like to use this as a zit drying mask when I forget to use my Queen Helene weekly(I breakout if I forget. :P). It has 5% BP and it's very effective in preventing big cystic acne from coming to a head, it just dries them up instead.

*NYC Translucent Loose Powder---great for setting foundation and helps to control shine

*Clean and Clear Oil Blotting Sheets---my oily skin would be a mess without these. This soaks up excess shine and leaves my skin matte without messing up my makeup

*Cover Girl Clear Mascara/Brow Gel---keeps my brows in place without breaking me out

*Revlon Super Lustrous Lipglosses---beautiful selection of colors and they wear very well! Comparable to high end department store brands. No icky super tacky feel either.

I know there are more faves, but those are what I can think of at the moment. Smile
Chrissie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 20, 2006 5:22 pm      Reply with quote
I also love the Dr Pepper Lip smacker....and no one can forget the Ardell lash accelerator!!

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 20, 2006 9:05 pm      Reply with quote
OMG. I've become a drugstore junkie.... Here's the main group of faves:

Cetaphil Cleanser - my holy grail.

Cetaphil Moisturizer - more for the body than the face... excellent for the legs after shaving.

Neutrogena On-the-Spot Concealer - completely masks blemishes while treating them quickly.

Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Foaming Cleanser - quick substitute for an aspirin mask when I'm feeling lazy.

CG (Cover Girl) Smoothers Tinted Moisturizer - still fairly new to the product but loving it. Dewy finish, sufficient coverage, and SPF 15.

Physician's Formula yellow undereye concealer for dark circle days.

Glysomed Hand Cream. No odor and very nourishing.

Dove Exfoliating Body Wash followed by Eucarin Intensive Lotion - totally gets rid of the little bumps on my upper arms.

Pantene Volumizing Shampoo and Conditioner.

Anything Suave in a jam.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 20, 2006 9:29 pm      Reply with quote
Hey, LandB - I love Glysomed handcream too! It's on my bedside table and I use it everynight. Very cheap at Wallyworld.

* Lash Exact mascara - Cover Girl got it right with this one

* Dove soap. I go back to this time and time again. I've been using it since I was a wee lass and I've never found a soap I like better. I use the Nutrium one.

* Oil of Olay microderm/peel. Very nice.

* Revlon SuperLustreous LipGloss is quite nice indeed.

* Johnson's Baby Powder in Vanilla/Jasmine. Ymmmmm....so soothing and nice.

I'm sure I'll think of more.

Maria Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 20, 2006 10:43 pm      Reply with quote
Cetaphil gentle cleanser
Dial Daily Care Body wash - multi-vitamin
Rimmel Blush - Santa Rose
Maybelline Lash Discovery Mascara

I am sure there must be more...can't remember Mad

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 20, 2006 11:08 pm      Reply with quote
* Avene Thermal Water and soothing mask Very Happy *
donnababe
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 21, 2006 12:49 am      Reply with quote
Spenco Second Skin Quick Heal

Gold Bond Hand Cream
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 21, 2006 3:42 am      Reply with quote
*Rimmel: I have been really impressed with most of what I have tried from this brand - Blushers, Eye Khols (esp Jungle Green), Nail Polish for colour selection.

*Tesco Barbara Daly range: Lipsticks, foundations, powders

*Healing Garden Green Tea : I could live in this scent.

*Boots Botanics: Body Lotions, Hair Conditioners, Shaving Gel

*Tom's of Maine: Deoderant sticks, love Calendula

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 21, 2006 5:13 am      Reply with quote
Burt's Bees Concealer!!

It is sooo amazing! This is all I wear most days.
LandB
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 21, 2006 5:41 am      Reply with quote
Mariav wrote:
Hey, LandB - I love Glysomed handcream too! It's on my bedside table and I use it everynight. Very cheap at Wallyworld.

You were the great one who recommended it to me on the forum! And it's Le Walmer, not Wallyworld, depending on the purchase. Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 21, 2006 5:46 am      Reply with quote
You were the great one who recommended it to me on the forum! And it's Le Walmer, not Wallyworld, depending on the purchase. Laughing[/quote]

Oh, good, I'm so glad you like it! I thought I might have recommended it, but then my fried brain tends to forget these things! Ooooh, Le Walmer - sounds so upscale!!!

Maria Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 21, 2006 6:45 am      Reply with quote
I’ve got a cool new drugstore find for you ladies:

if you’ve ever been tempted to try one of those so-called “reverse” lip liners, but were put off by the $16-$18 price tag for the versions from Cargo and Duwop, then I’m pleased to report that Sally Hansen has just introduced her version called the “Invisible Lip Liner.”

I own all three lip liners, and while I love the Cargo version I realize that it will only work for those with very fair skin because it is more like a concealor stick because it is flesh-colored. The Duwop version is truly clear and invisible so works for just about every skin color and the Sally Hansen version is it’s bargain-priced twin at only around six bucks.

And now, in no particular order, is my list:

• Ardell Lash and Brow Growth Acclerator;

• Paves haircare products, specifically sulfate-free shampoo, conditioner and shine serum;

• GlyOxide for tooth-whitening;

• Cocobare 100% pure cocoa butter in the bright yellow tube;

• Sally Hansen Lip Inflation plumping lip gloss – a dead ringer for LipFusion at 1/8 the cost;

Geez, I know there are a ton of products that I’m forgetting but that’s all I can think of off the top of my head...

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 21, 2006 7:00 am      Reply with quote
Thayer's Witch Hazel with Rose Petal Toner (alcohol-free)
Alba Botanica's Mask - Papaya Enzyme
Naturetint Hair Color
Herbatint Hair Color
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 21, 2006 7:01 am      Reply with quote
Ardell Lash Accelerator

St Ives Radiance Gentle Cleanser for Dry/Normal Skin

Rimmel Lycra Nail Varnish

Make-up Face-lift by Barbara Daly for Tesco

Boots Firming Bust & Body Lotion

Palmer's Cocoa Butter Body Lotion

Scholl Deep Moisturising Foot Cream

Revlon Tween Times Root Colour Touch-up
Olivia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 21, 2006 8:29 am      Reply with quote
I forgot about Dr. Pepper lip balm...I have one of those in every purse.
bkurant
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 21, 2006 10:22 am      Reply with quote
-'yellow' coco butter stick
saves my lips in winter months and has no chemicals or petro junk
-paves shampoo
-paves 'star power' styling gel
who knew it would be great for my kinky hair and replace my old time fav "kiehl's creme with silk groom" Cool
-revlon SuperLustreous lipgloss
i have a big collection of glosses now, but keep coming back to this one
- jordana eyeshadows and liners
an amazing quality for any brand, but especially for a drugstore Razz
- milani blushes and eyeshadows
thatgirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 21, 2006 12:06 pm      Reply with quote
[quote="Mary H."]
Arctic Frost Wrinkle Cream – This is a new find…Kiki (member of this board) just told me about it last week. She read about it on another board, and it’s another alternative to the $115.00 Freeze 24/7 (like Wrinkle Eeze, DermaFreeze, etc.). I have never tried a “freeze” product, but really wanted to…and the price was right for this one ($29.99 at Walgreens). And I’ll be damned if this stuff doesn’t work like a charm!! I love the PSF Browtox, but a little of this over the top really makes an awesome combo. I was just starting to get the “11” going on (actually, just one line closer to my left brow)…and with these 2 products, it’s non-existent! [/quote]

Tell me more!!! Is this for under the eye or....?

What the great botox etc knockoff products that work?
tthagen1
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 21, 2006 12:16 pm      Reply with quote
I am having a hard time finding the arctic frost wrinkle cream and the Ardell lash excellerator. Can anyone help with some ideas of where these can be found?
Olivia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 21, 2006 12:36 pm      Reply with quote
I have only found them at Rite Aid and CVS Pharmacy. They are usually by the fake eyelashes/glue etc.
I'm Kiki
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 21, 2006 12:40 pm      Reply with quote
OMGOSH!!!! This stuff is great! It's distributed by Walgreens and a great alternative to the Freeze 24/7, for A LOT less... It works pretty much instantly.. I can't say it's going to make every line and wrinkle go totally away, that will depend on just how bad they are...

I use it on my forehead, concentration line {between the eyes}, around my mouth {marionette lines} and on the little lines I have around my lips.. I also have deep lines and skin damage from a BAD tanning salon burn years ago.. It all but makes them disappear...

I was talking to my daughter, the first day I used it, and just casually asked if I looked any different.. She all but yelled, YES!! Of course then asked what?? I asked again and she kind of raises her voice and says you look younger! Now in all fairness, I'm no hag, LOL, and don't have a lot of lines and wrinkles, but what I have, this stuff makes the world of difference.. If it did nothing more than soften my chest area, I would have been sold..

It's a cumulative deal, so every day use would be best for ideal results.. I read somewhere, and for the life of me can't find it, it said in 2 months, 40% decrease.. But truly you see IMMEDIATE results... If you don't have a Walgreens close, you can order it online, thru their site.. And if you don't like it, Walgreens will refund...

I'm sold and refuse to ever be without it, EVER! Mary H, and I started it the same day, this past Saturday, and couldn't believe our eyes...

Mary and I also both use, the PSH, Browtox and Phyto-Lift Cranberry eye gel... I can't say enough about those 2 products either.. They are GREAT too!!!

I have only found the Ardell lash excellerator at ULTA, and it goes fast... Walgreens sell the brand, but I haven't found the lash stuff there...
Mary H.
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 21, 2006 12:47 pm      Reply with quote
Hi again!

As for where to find the Arctic Frost, Kiki is right...you can get it on Walgreens.com. I, too, have a heck of a time finding Ardell…none of my local drugstores carry it, and there was only 1 tube at ULTA! Next time I need it, I will probably save myself the running around and just get it off of drugstore.com.

I use the Arctic frost on the forehead and “11” area, the nasolabial area around the mouth, and a dab at the corner of each eye to stave off the crows feet! The odd thing about the cream is that the consistency reminds me of the paste I used to use in kindergarten to do crafts with. Laughing But because it is so thick, you barely use any…I don’t even “scoop” into the jar, but just rub my finger over the top of the cream to get a little. It spreads very easily and sinks right in, so it doesn’t mess up your skincare regime. You just need to wait a minute or two to let it sink in, then go on with the other stuff you use.

I haven’t tried any of the other freeze products but there are lots of posts about DermaFreeze, Wrinkle Eese, etc…so maybe check those out as well. But for me, this stuff works very well (along with the other PSF stuff Kiki mentioned that we both use and LOVE!)

Hope this helps!

Mary
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:54 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |