Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Your favorite "drugstore" finds...
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Nijey
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 25, 2006 2:29 pm      Reply with quote
Here's my (incredibly long) list. There's more things from the DG I really like but some of them are either things that are already popular (L'Oreal Colour Juice glosses; Maybelline Full & Soft mascara) or definitely have been discontinued (L'Oreal On The Loose shadows):

Carmex + Aquaphor - The only thing that'll heal my lips if they get really dry, chapped and flaky.

Neutrogena Lip Moisturizer - Simple, very inexpensive, not-too-waxy, not-too-greasy balm with no scent or taste that has SPF15. It's my daily "maintenance" balm.

Neutrogena Lip Nutrition Passionfruit Boosting Balm - Yummy, tart scent/taste. This adds a nice, dewy red shine to lips

Neutrogena Mineral Sheers eye shadows - Lovely, sheer, mostly neutral colors that add a nice sheen to lids without overt sparkle or shimmer.

Cetaphil Gentle Cleansing Bar - Can be used on the body or the face and has only a very mild, "soapy" (duh) scent. Does not strip or dry my combination skin at all. Does not get mushy in the shower and the bar is big so it's a bargain.

Got2B Pure Intent clay masque - non-drying, leaves skin feeling clean and very smooth

Ponds Age DefEye eye cream - comes in a cute little pump bottle, is inexpensive and keeps my eyes hydrated throughout the work day.

Rimmel makeup remover - Non-oily (like water) and removes even waterproof makeup without much effort

L'Oreal makeup brushes - high end quality for drugstore prices. They even look expensive!

Jane blushes - These actually last longer on me than NARS!

Milani cosmetics - These are incredible bargains: The blushes and eyeshadows are generally deeply pigmented, velvety-smooth and come in a wide range of flattering, fun colors. The Lite Lipstick formula is incredibly smooth and creamy, but still pigmented and smells like vanilla.

NYC cosmetics - Also underrated. I particularly recommend the Liquid Lipsticks, Kiss Glosses, Sparkle Eye Dusts, and Flatliner pencils.

Maybelline Pure Makeup - My current HG super-sheer foundation

L'Oreal Translucide loose powder - Wonderful for adding a soft glow to the skin without looking cakey or powdery

Cover Girl Super Thick Lash mascara - This dries out quickly but I guess that's okay since it's cheap and you're supposed to get rid of mascara pretty regularly. It works great (and actually holds a curl--unheard of for a non-waterproof formula) until it starts getting clumpy.

Physicians Formula Baked Blush - Gives a gorgeous, "lit from within" pop of color to cheeks

Baby shampoo - I use this to wash my makeup brushes; it cleans them thoroughly without damaging the bristles and leaves them feeling very soft. It can also be used to remove eye makeup (though I don't do that anymore b/c I think the fragrance was irritating my eyes) and wash dirty cats Smile

Gerber Grins and Giggles Baby Lotion in Lavender - Smells delicious, like lavender + vanilla, and has a great texture.

Johnson & Johnson Nourishing Milk Bath - In case you haven't noticed, I'm into baby stuff--it's cheap, gentle and any fragrance is subtle. This stuff is moisturizing and smells like cream and sugar and milk with a touch of baby powder. It's my new favorite body wash (along with Johnson & Johnson's Lavender Bath)

Studio Basics Organizers - AWESOME for traveling and MUCH better than normal makeup bags. These come in several sizes and have lots of little zippered pockets, velcroed compartments, etc. to hold all your little doodads. The idea is similar to Trish McEvoy planners in that you can put in or take out "pages", or pouches. I think you could even rig up a Trish page to put into one of these.

Gillette Mach3 Razorblades - They fit onto the Venus handle and provide a much closer shave without nicking

Amlactin 12% lotion - This + manual exfoliation in the shower + the conscientious application of body oil post-shower keeps my upper arms (touch of KP there) smooth and soft

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 13, 2008 8:55 am      Reply with quote
cristaline wrote:

The brands one can now find at the drugstore are surprising. My local Rite-Aid and CVS carries Terax, Pureology, Bumble & Bumble, Philosophy, Redken, Nexxus, KMS, Sebastian, Paul Mitchell, Biolage, and the list goes on!

Please keep in mind that drugstores and target are not authorized dealers for these brands. So you may not always get what you think you are getting. I've read a few times on MUA that the product purchase was not the same (whether it was just old or actually a fake I don't know now).
m1rox
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 12, 2008 1:05 am      Reply with quote
You can also purchase Ardell Brow and Lash fromwww.drugstore.com:
http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod.asp?pid=87522&catid=98580&cmbProdBrandFilter=40204
Skippie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 05, 2009 5:04 am      Reply with quote
I have trouble finding a mascara I really like and whenever I find one, it seems to be discontinued within a very short time. This happened again recently, so I've been on the lookout for another mascara. A couple of weeks ago, I bought Almay Intense I-Color Mascara in Brown Topaz. One of the reasons I have such a hard time finding mascara is because I need brown. Anyway, I'm loving this mascara. When I first pulled the wand out, it looked really thick and I thought it was going to clump. I added some silk amino acids to it, and it works wonderfully well on my lashes. It gives them length and actually curls them better than any mascara I've tried. I'm so happy.
oranges
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:39 am      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:

I'll be interested to see how you like it, I could use the savings, I really need to use up what I already have here I am a died in the wool product junkie! Laughing

I'm excited to try it. I haven't spent less than $20-$35 on a night cream in AGES!!! $12.99 wahoo if it's good. I'm using up the rest of my juice beauty nutrition moisturizer before I break it open. Maybe I could try it and alternate nights until I use up the Juice beauty. Use it on the same nights as retin-a.
Hmmmm. I'll report back.
Safire
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 06, 2010 2:47 am      Reply with quote
Skippie wrote:
There are some good suggestions, but I think I'm at the wrong drugstore, because I walk up and down the aisles and have never seen half of these products. I'll have to make a list next time I go.

What drugstore do you use, Safire? I'm interested in the two products you mentioned.

Yes I live in Australia, and Trilogy is a NZ based company so it's available everywhere here in Australia. I just had a look on their site (http://www.trilogyproducts.com) and they seem to stock their products in some cities/areas in the US (i.e. Wisconsin, Arizona, Idaho & NY).

Their Rosehip Oil is my fav as I find it much more lightweight than all the other brands I've used, which usually have a thicker consistency and so I aways end up getting breakouts. But the Trilogy one is very easily absorbed.

HTH Smile
CindiLou
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 06, 2010 2:46 pm      Reply with quote
Safire, if you were using Lucas Paw Paw as a lipbalm, try MooGoo Edible Lipbalm (not the honey one though)it is my HG. Otherwise, there are other paw paw ointments available at health food shops that don't have the petroleum. There's one in a yellow tube (i think it may have been Suvanna, from memory) that i found kind of grainy but there's one in a black tube (Pure Neutraceuticals) that is really nice & smells of coconut (devine!).

Skippy, i have tried Trilogy Vital Moisturising Cream but i found it not hydrating enough for my very dry skin.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:17 pm      Reply with quote
A great toothpaste for mature teeth - over 40 is Arm & Hammer Complete Care - enamel strenthening . It has a patented formula to create stonger enamel. Acid attacks of food, wine, etc over time weakens our enamel and this product decreases the acid abuse on older teeth and helps strengthen the enamel structure LOVE IT.

Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:26 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |