Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Your favorite "drugstore" finds...
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
N+nonplussed

Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:20 am      Reply with quote
Hi All! This is my first time posting, although I've spent many hours perusing this site for years!!
A lot of the products mentioned are intriguing. So, I spent the better part of this evening searching for some; Arctic Frost, Browtox, Phyto-Lift Cranberry Eye Gel, and Ardell Lash & Brow Accelerator, to no avail...Walgreens, Target, Walmart. Are any discontinued? I can't even find them online. I'm especially interested in the Arctic Frost since I'm 57 (going on 39 in my dreams). Who is it manufactured by? Any help would be greatly appreciated!
P.S. I recently bought a Quasar Pro, thanks to you guys. I've only been able to use it a couple of times. But, my grandson is having a hard time with chafing around his nose and mouth and I used it to help clear it up. I noticed favorable results IMMEDIATELY! He also had a couple of scrapes on his hand and arm and the results were amazing! Thanks!
N+nonplussed

Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:32 am      Reply with quote
BTW...Some of my favorites:

BOOTS Waterproof mascara (blue tube, I can only find it online now) - It clumps a little, but my eyelashes have not been this long and thick since I was a teenager.

elf Wet Gloss Lash & Brow Clear Mascara - this stuff is unbelieveable! It's only $1.00 at Food for Less. I use it on my unruly 3-hairs-for-eyebrows and they behave! Now, if only I could find the Ardell L&B Accelerator...
otherloulou
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:49 am      Reply with quote
Hi N+nonplussed Smile

I'm like you, perused for years but only started posting recently. Nice to meet someone in the same boat!

I found the Ardell brow and lash here: http://cgi.ebay.com.sg/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230306519504

The Arctic Frost is a mystery, not on Walgreen's online store... maybe they renamed it Confused

Loulou
lunarmm
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 11, 2008 1:01 pm      Reply with quote
N+nonplussed wrote:
this evening searching for some; Arctic Frost, Browtox, Phyto-Lift Cranberry Eye Gel, and Ardell Lash & Brow Accelerator, to no avail...Walgreens, Target, Walmart. Are any discontinued? I can't even find them online.

Can't help you on the others but I have found Ardell sometimes at CVS or Rite-Aid (one of them - can't remember which). I've found it near where they have false eyelashes, eye brow stencils, etc. If you can't find it, ask your local pharmacy if they can order it for you. I'm pretty sure it's not discontinued by the maker.

I put in Ardell lash into Google and found some online listings as well. Here is the maker - they may know a local distributor:
http://www.ardelllashes.com/Purchase.htm

Also if you have an Ulta near you, they may have it as they list Ardell products online:
http://www.ulta.com/ulta/

Tue Nov 11, 2008 11:24 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for your help Loulou and Lunarmm Very Happy
m1rox
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 12, 2008 1:05 am      Reply with quote
You can also purchase Ardell Brow and Lash fromwww.drugstore.com:
http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod.asp?pid=87522&catid=98580&cmbProdBrandFilter=40204
lunarmm
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 12, 2008 11:57 am      Reply with quote
m1rox wrote:
You can also purchase Ardell Brow and Lash fromwww.drugstore.com:
http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod.asp?pid=87522&catid=98580&cmbProdBrandFilter=40204

Nice find, m1rox! Thanks for sharing that link.

Wed Nov 12, 2008 8:42 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks m1rox - great link! I have since found everything else online also, except the ARCTIC FROST!
kar126
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 13, 2008 1:13 am      Reply with quote
Cover Girl VolumeExact - My favorite day time mascara, cheap and no clumps! I use this everyday and I love it with my Shiseido mascara Smile

Olay Complete Lotion for Sensitive Skin - best drug store moisturizer, great for days where you just want to take a break from make up. Comes with SPF 15 too
otherloulou
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 13, 2008 3:14 am      Reply with quote
Johnson's baby bath is brilliant at getting sunscreen and even mascara off. It's been my cleanser for about 14 years, doesn't leave residue from itself or any product being washed off.

Johnson's baby shampoo also works as a cleanser. Own-brand baby products are probably nearly the same, at least the ones I've tried are Cool

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 13, 2008 3:26 am      Reply with quote
N+nonplussed wrote:
BTW...Some of my favorites:

BOOTS Waterproof mascara (blue tube, I can only find it online now) - It clumps a little, but my eyelashes have not been this long and thick since I was a teenager.

elf Wet Gloss Lash & Brow Clear Mascara - this stuff is unbelieveable! It's only $1.00 at Food for Less. I use it on my unruly 3-hairs-for-eyebrows and they behave! Now, if only I could find the Ardell L&B Accelerator...

Oooh, the wet gloss mascara sounds good, uk people can get it here http://www.eyeslipsface.co.uk/product~prodID~12.htm

N+, do you dye your eyebrows or lashes? I'm going through a phase where I can't seem to keep mascara on, but it'd be great to have a bit of lash definition again Cool

Thu Nov 13, 2008 2:32 pm      Reply with quote
I have dyed my brows and lashes in the past, but find that it breaks them off. I'm thinking of doing it again, though. It's so frustrating to have blond brows and lashes. Have you tried the Boots Waterproof mascara? I've used several mascaras, even paid big $$$, like $60 or more. Boots is the first one that seems to be kind to my lashes! So, I guess I can mistreat them with dyes again! How about you? Do you dye yours? If so, what do you use and does it break your eyelashes and brows?
dagnolia
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 07, 2008 5:27 pm      Reply with quote
there's not a whole lot of drugstore stuff i'm willing to put on my face, a few exceptions:
-aveeno products. their moisturizers are nice... not going to blow you away, not life changing... just nice. non-irritating, good base for makeup.
-neutrogena rapid clear spot treatment is also good in a pinch

i also love a dab of triple antibiotic ointment mixed in with a shea butter hand lotion during the winter. keeps cuticles from getting frayed, and my hands seem to stay moisturized longer. (i have to wash them constantly @ work.) i also use triple antibiotic on my lips when they're dry/cracked/sore.
cq2046
5% products discount

Sun Dec 07, 2008 7:30 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, I just joined the forum. I have learned a lot from everyone and it's time to contribute. Smile

I have recently bought a Tea Tree Nail Saver by Jason from the drugstore at Walmart. My toe nails tend to get dry in the winter, so I thought I'd use the oil to soften them up. The product is just like any nail polish except for the content is clear. It is very easy to apply with the little brush and the results are amazing. Plus it is 70% organic and only $7. Laughing
-cuddlin
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 07, 2008 8:03 pm      Reply with quote
You mean the Neutrogena Triple Moisture Healing Shine Serum?

That's also my favourite.

This single use leaves my hair brilliantly shiny and healthy looking from root to tip.
MMarble
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 08, 2008 2:36 am      Reply with quote
Cetaphil Cleanser
Apricot body scrub
ROC, Avene, LPR, Vichy...
bugaboo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 08, 2008 11:03 pm      Reply with quote
I only have one product that I buy and love from the drugstore and that is Rimmels eye makeup remover. No stinging and doesn't pull your eyelashes out!

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 10, 2008 1:40 am      Reply with quote
1. AVEENO firming body lotion (really works for me)
2. EUCERIN gentle foaming cleanser (love it to death)
3. Neutrogena HAND CREAM (good to my chapped and ultra-dry hands in winter time)

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 10, 2008 3:09 am      Reply with quote
Cetaphil Cleanser
Neutrogena Hand Cream
havana8

Sat Dec 13, 2008 3:13 pm      Reply with quote
amybrown wrote:
My newest favorite drugstore find is the BeFine Skin Care line "food skin care." I bought:
-Daily Moisturizer with SPF15 with Rosemary, Pomegranate & Rice
-Night Cream Cocoa, Millet & Rice Bran
I love both of the products. They feel great on my skin and they were fairly priced. Plus I adore the packaging.

sister sweets wrote:
I just bought the BeFine lip product - it's nice.

Be fine is 25% off at London Drugs right now...
ceci
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 14, 2008 9:04 pm      Reply with quote
Neutrogena Formula Body Emulsion - definitely moisturized enough in very dry weather.
Bioderma Hydrabio H2O - very good as a makeup remover. it cleans my dirts without hurt.

and i also use a lots of japanese drugstore.
kayanl
5% products discount

Sun Dec 14, 2008 11:05 pm      Reply with quote
Neutrogena sunblock w/ helioplex - this stuff saved my skin during the summer.

Age 22 - Dry sensitive skin, acne prone with pre rosacea. My HG Products: Emu Oil, Green Cream, Hyaluronic Acid, Neutrogena sunblock with helioplex, Everyday Minerals, and a healthy low carb diet. My Blog: Knowing Shopper - Makeup tips, reviews, and deals for people with sensitive skin - http://www.knowingshopper.com
tracy46
5% products discount

Wed Dec 17, 2008 9:31 pm      Reply with quote
newbie here! So glad I found this place!!!!!

I was reading on MUA that if you want a good foundation primer- try Monistat Soothing Chaffing Gel or get the store brand from CVS. It has rave reviews- saying that foundation goes on smoother and has the airbrush look... Question Surprised and for around 5 bucks.
violet978
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 21, 2008 10:30 am      Reply with quote
I love the CoverGirl Lash Blast mascara - it's comparable to any high end mascara.

I also like the bare naturale mineral makeup by L'Oreal.

The truth is, many of these drugstore lines are getting so steep on price, they are almost as much as high end or mid-range brands now.

I think some things you can go cheap on without sacrificing your look, while on other things it's best to spend the money.

I can go "cheap" on lip gloss, lip stick, lip liner, nail polish, and maybe even blush and eyeshodow.

I like to splurge for just the right product on foundation, concealer, and loose powder.
carrymelikewater
5% products discount

Thu Jan 01, 2009 9:58 am      Reply with quote
My cult favourites from Watsons (Singapore)

1) LipIce (Colour Changeable, fragrance free)
2) Maybelline Gel/Cream liner
3) Maybelline Unstoppable mascara
4) Clean and Clear Daily Pore Cleanser

Love it love it!
Laughing
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:13 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |