Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Your favorite "drugstore" finds...
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
LAT
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 01, 2009 6:02 am      Reply with quote
Fruit of the earth 100% aloe vera gel, 12 oz for a little over $4.00 at Walmart Very Happy
Tiffany121
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:35 am      Reply with quote
Curel body lotions
oranges
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:57 am      Reply with quote
Burt's Bees
Alba
Giovanni
Skippie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 05, 2009 5:04 am      Reply with quote
I have trouble finding a mascara I really like and whenever I find one, it seems to be discontinued within a very short time. This happened again recently, so I've been on the lookout for another mascara. A couple of weeks ago, I bought Almay Intense I-Color Mascara in Brown Topaz. One of the reasons I have such a hard time finding mascara is because I need brown. Anyway, I'm loving this mascara. When I first pulled the wand out, it looked really thick and I thought it was going to clump. I added some silk amino acids to it, and it works wonderfully well on my lashes. It gives them length and actually curls them better than any mascara I've tried. I'm so happy.
oranges
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 05, 2009 6:19 am      Reply with quote
Skippie wrote:
I have trouble finding a mascara I really like and whenever I find one, it seems to be discontinued within a very short time. This happened again recently, so I've been on the lookout for another mascara. A couple of weeks ago, I bought Almay Intense I-Color Mascara in Brown Topaz. One of the reasons I have such a hard time finding mascara is because I need brown. Anyway, I'm loving this mascara. When I first pulled the wand out, it looked really thick and I thought it was going to clump. I added some silk amino acids to it, and it works wonderfully well on my lashes. It gives them length and actually curls them better than any mascara I've tried. I'm so happy.
They discontinued that one? Mark has one that comes in brown that my friend likes. I think it's scandalash but I remember her saying the same thing that she has a hard time finding true browns.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 05, 2009 7:15 am      Reply with quote
Skippie,
It's great to find that perfect one! But I know what you are saying it seems every time I find some cosmetic I love they turn around and discontinue it, my way of dealing with it is to stockpile! LOL

oranges,
The Almay intense-I is still fairly new so I just saw it this past week at Walgreens, I am sure eventually they will discontinue it as well!

DM Rolling Eyes

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:27 am      Reply with quote
DM,

I'm holding on to your DIY recipe - I just don't have the time to experiment right now. I suspect you're right and they'll eventually discontinue this one, too, since I like it. Sad
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 05, 2009 1:50 pm      Reply with quote
Skippie,

It is just the marketing in the last 20 so years I remember long ago when I still had all my teeth (joking) I used to be able to find the same products I adored for years now it is like 6/12 month sometimes. They just always have to re-invent the wheel. I really think they try to appeal to that owwww it's new gotta try it!
They really aren't picking on you, they are out to get us all!
Razz
well if all else fails you have the recipe.

DM

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 06, 2009 7:27 am      Reply with quote
1. Aveeno Soothing Relief Creamy Wash (for babies) as a facial cleanser

2. Lumene Eye Makeup Base (but I can't find it in CVS anymore!)

3. Vitamin E oil (pure, any brand)

Those are the only staples I can think of that I continue to buy over and over again. I'll update if I think of more.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 06, 2009 8:48 am      Reply with quote
TAMgirl99,
I am wondering if CVS is discontinuing selling Lumene? They used to carry the whole line, now it seems when I am there they have a few products, but the full section disappeared! I liked a few mascara they make and some other items as well.

DM
ETA
Just checked their web site and searched where to buy, US customers buy at cvs.com here is the link.

http://www.cvs.com/CVSApp/promoContent/promoLandingTemplate.jsp?promoLandingId=1019

HTH

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:15 pm      Reply with quote
I really like Neutrogena's daily moisturizer with SPF 45. Unscented, goes on smoothly with no irritation if I get it near my eyes. (In fact, I recently saw a dermatologist who recommended this product when I asked her for her #1 recommendation, no matter what the cost, for a good facial moisturizer with SPF.)
hyacynthgirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 09, 2009 10:41 am      Reply with quote
I love Perfectly Pure (I think that's the brand) Vitamin E stick. It's usually by the vitamins. It comes in a white tube with gold foil - there is a big gold "e" on the tube. Anyway, it's great for under your eyes, or any lines, or my favorite - lip gloss. It costs around one dollar. It's fantastic. Sometimes it's on the bottom shelf. Always check the bottom shelf - some of the best stuff is hiding! Laughing
AsianDiva123
5% products discount

Fri Oct 09, 2009 3:19 pm      Reply with quote
Curel body lotion. It's moisturizing and dries fast.
jojodancer
5% products discount

Fri Oct 09, 2009 8:09 pm      Reply with quote
I could spend hours in any drugstore but here is a short list of what I have right now:

Aquaphor for around my eyes, I don't always like to use eye creams.
Palmers cocoa butter stick for my lips and whenever I get chapped - I live in NE PA & it gets COLD up here!!
Olay Regenerist moisturizer, A Touch of Foundation & eye lift serum - like the moisturizer, stings a little sometimes but skin feels nice
Maybelline's new oscillating mascara...love, love, love & it was on sale at Rite Aid for around 10 bucks, can't beat it!
Bonnie Bell lipsmackers - one in every room in my house plus purse & car.
Herbal Essence moisturizing shampoo & conditioner - smells great, hair soft, healthy, shiny & I dye my hair religiously.
Last but not least, Body Essence Vanilla Body Wash from Walmart - 3.50 for 24 oz...moisturizing, exfoliating beads, doesn't set off my skin allergies - KEEPER Bad Grin
Nanine

Mon Oct 12, 2009 6:23 am      Reply with quote
Hey Oranges - could you tell me how you attain the silk amino acid to put in mascara ??
is it a serum ?
thanks
Skippie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 12, 2009 6:30 am      Reply with quote
Hello, Nanine,

I'm actually the one who posted that. You can order a bottle of the silk amino acids from lotioncrafter.com. It's a liquid. The smallest bottle is enough to last a long time because you only need to add four or five drops to the mascara tube.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 12, 2009 7:07 pm      Reply with quote
Very interesting Skippie. Is this helpful in keeping lashes moisturized?

Hey Dark Moon - I have been looking high and low for my beloved Neutrogena sesame oil (for body - it is the bomb - for 30 years). Anyway - not finding it.... Used to get it in Costco - in a two pack and most drugstores. But I'm on the hunt now. I gotta have it.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 12, 2009 7:50 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Sis,
I haven't found it at any drugstores yet but it is here:
http://www.drugstore.com/templates/brand/default.asp?brand=7519&aid=336064&aparam=neutrogena%20sesame%20oil&scinit1=neutrogena%20sesame%20oil
they list it under bath and body Very Happy

I have the silk amino as well, I find it conditioning with the added plus that it seems to make lashes appear longer and thicker with the mascara, love it!!
HTH
DM
BTW bought the silk after Skippie recomended it, I added pure silk powder to my mascara in the past but this is much easier and less messy!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 13, 2009 5:29 am      Reply with quote
Quote:
I have the silk amino as well, I find it conditioning with the added plus that it seems to make lashes appear longer and thicker with the mascara, love it!!

And in addition to making the lashes longer, it does so without all the shedding that some other lash growth products I've tried cause.
havana8

Tue Oct 13, 2009 7:42 am      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
Hey Dark Moon - I have been looking high and low for my beloved Neutrogena sesame oil (for body - it is the bomb - for 30 years). Anyway - not finding it.... Used to get it in Costco - in a two pack and most drugstores. But I'm on the hunt now. I gotta have it.

Walgreens maybe?
http://www.walgreens.com/store/catalog/Bath-and-Shower/Body-Oil/ID=prod6073%26navCount=1%26navAction=push-product?V=G%26ec=frgl_707583%26ci_src=14110944%26ci_sku=sku306073

Also, Amazon has the 16oz/2-pack you mentioned:
http://www.amazon.com/Neutrogena-Sesame-Formula-16-Ounce-Bottles/dp/B001E96MRG/ref=cm_cr_pr_sims_t

sugar shock beauty wrote:
luxe for less: neutrogena body oil
I used to balk at any beauty product containing oil; Of course, that all changed once I tried Josie Maran's outstanding Argan Oil and extolled the virtues of the miraculous Moroccanoil (also based on the aforementioned argan oil). Once I savored every last drop of Josie's magical elixir, however, I was in need of a liquid-y golden oil that could deliver the same sheeny, skin-conditioning properties. And after that hearing Lianne Farbes, aka The Makeup Girl, rave about Neutrogena's Body Oil on Twitter, I knew I had to try this sleeper-hit drugstore find. Applied to slightly damp skin post-shower, this sesame-oil-based formula quickly sinks in to seal in moisture and soften without a greasy feel. It may, in fact, absorb even better than Josie Maran's oil (or maybe I was just being overzealous and applying to much of the argan). The result is nourished skin and a covetable, slightly glowy look. And Neutrogena Body Oil's subtly clean-floral scent helps you keep that just-from-the shower-fresh feel for just a little longer.

makeupalley.com wrote:
I can't stop touching my skin! I used this right after a shower while my skin was still damp and it's so soft now that I can't believe it. I love how the bottle only allows a few drops of oil to come out at a time because that's really all you need. I think I used about 6 drops total for my whole body. The scent is a little much at first but it tones down after a few minutes and is very nice. I hate heavy lotions that stay greasy and don't really work. I think this oil is a great alternative because it sinks in so quickly and actually moisturizes skin without leaving it sticky or filmy at all. I love it and will repurchase.

Thanks for the rec on this! Smile
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 13, 2009 8:35 am      Reply with quote
havana8,

I didn't even think of checking Walgreen's site, I am in the store all the time picking up rx's and checked for the Oil there and no go! But my mind is a bit of mush these days!

Thanks,
DM

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:06 am      Reply with quote
sister sweets
I could have sworn I just saw that at target this weekend in a huge bottle. I was out of town so I can't run back and see. I will keep my eye out for you!!!
amonavis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 14, 2009 3:22 pm      Reply with quote
Cetaphil, Olay Total Effects, Olay sensitive skin face cloths
Nanine

Fri Oct 16, 2009 5:43 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks ! skippy ,can't wait to try it !
I think someone mentioned thickening & growth associated with it .
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 16, 2009 6:16 pm      Reply with quote
oranges wrote:
sister sweets
I could have sworn I just saw that at target this weekend in a huge bottle. I was out of town so I can't run back and see. I will keep my eye out for you!!!

For those without a Target close they have it at target.com 16oz. for $13.29

http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/184-4330012-3542030?ASIN=B0013OFPKC&AFID=Froogle&LNM=B0013OFPKC%7CNeutrogena_Body_Oil_16.0_oz.&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=B0013OFPKC&ref=tgt_adv_XSG10001
HTH
DM

Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:45 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |