Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Your favorite "drugstore" finds...
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 26, 2010 12:19 pm      Reply with quote
oranges wrote:
I used the cerave pm last night. It rubs in nicely the pump on the lotion is very nice, not sticking my fingers in a tub. My skin was nice this morning not dry. I'll report more when I use again.

Awesome oranges, so far so good! I will be looking forward to your report after a fair trial period! Thanks for reporting on it so far. Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 27, 2010 3:32 pm      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
sister sweets wrote:
We need Shopper's Drug Mart in the US....

Same thing I think every time someone mentions the great brands they find there, we just don't have anything at the US drugstores like what you get! hmm

My hometown is in a small town (outside of ottawa) and the Shopper's Drug Mart has none of this cool stuff... Sad

Lou
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 27, 2010 4:59 pm      Reply with quote
Loumomofthree wrote:
DarkMoon wrote:
sister sweets wrote:

Same thing I think every time someone mentions the great brands they find there, we just don't have anything at the US drugstores like what you get! hmm

My hometown is in a small town (outside of ottawa) and the Shopper's Drug Mart has none of this cool stuff... Sad

Lou

Sorry Lou,

I used to (many years ago) find the coolest brands at small privately owned drug stores it was great! Now with the chains and Walmart all those little independents seem to have gone the way of the horse and buggy! It is such a shame. Sad

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 27, 2010 7:03 pm      Reply with quote
Loumomofthree wrote:
DarkMoon wrote:
sister sweets wrote:

Lou

There is no Beauty Boutiques in the smaller stores?
I thought some would?

Well,
I know for sure that EVERY shoppers sells pretty much the whole line of Nativa organic foods.
I know it is not a "cosmetic" but it still is a great drugstore find Smile
Many of the organic items are cheaper than the same thing name brand organic is at the grocery store.

The Organic banana chips good.
organic tomato sauces in glass jar, also good
organic cheese puffs, pretty good and "healthy'
Blue corn chips, yummmm! my favorite
the orgnic nuts are good
orcanic corn flake cereal, also good Smile
Organic maple syrup, also good

there is at least 200 items, most of them are very good.
the sandwich cookies with icing, there are just ok...but would rebuy because they are better than cookies w unhealthy ingredients!

oh, also the sun dried tomatoes in oil are good- and a good price, and the pesto too Smile

I know most people never think to get groceries at a drugstore,but the store brand organic items are great overall.
marshies

Sun Jun 27, 2010 8:03 pm      Reply with quote
Desert Essences Jojoba Oil - a pity my local loblaws discontinued carrying the bigger bottle
Soft Lips lip balm
LRP products
Bioderma sensibio makeup remover
hotdocgirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 27, 2010 8:35 pm      Reply with quote
My husband's dermatologist turned me on to this one. Cerave facial wash and the large tub of moisturizing cream is the best. I get mine at Walgreens. He said it has a patented formula that locks moisture into skin... He actually told my husband it is better than any expensive cream out there. I put it on right out of the shower on damp skin. It is amazing! Locks moisture in...truly keeps my skin young looking. Someone mentioned chest wrinkles? I find using this helps get rid of them.
Ottawa Shopper
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 27, 2010 11:59 pm      Reply with quote
I know there are some Canadians on here,
so thought I'd post my favorite way to get tons of extra points @ Shoppers Drugmart!

on certain days they have bonus points days,

now if you go to the Shoppers website you can see the monthly and weekly points bonus offers and print bonus point coupons there.
there is also many offers like maybe buy x brand and get 7,000 bonus points.

What most people do not know is that the bonus points get added to the 20x or special promotion day.

so in a was you are "double dipping" to get points, but this is allowed and it is the computers that automatically give you these points.

Also every month there is a different cosmetic brand that has extra bonus points all month long.

I know right now there is spend $40 on smashbox lip stuff and get 4,000 extra points.

if you go when it is a 20x day you would get the 4,000 + 10,000 (usually when u spend $50)

meaning u would get around 15,00 pts which equals $25 in merchandise (to spend on anything in the store, like food,more makeup ect)

their special offers are on this page also:

http://www1.shoppersdrugmart.ca/en/Shoppers-Optimum/All-Optimum-Offers.aspx

-just wantd to add I actually have no points right now as I used them on groceries and boring drugstore items.
I've been staying away from any promo days since winter Smile
zhoushuhappy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 23, 2010 12:45 am      Reply with quote
boots,L'Oreal Everstrong
lisocas
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 23, 2010 7:46 am      Reply with quote
Ok, my favorite drugstore products... They are actually many because I can´t afford to buy lots of high end products and I believe is not necessary unless we are talking about certain special products.
1) Johnson´s 24h hand cream
2) Garnier Tonics (specially the ones for sensitive skin, they are absolutely amazing)
3)Apri scrubs, specially the one to remove black heads (unfortunately when I last went to england couldn´t find it anywhere Sad
4) Boots Cotton Pads (they make promotions all the time on these ones and they don´t fall apart when I´m cleaning my face)
5)Labello Lip Effect CoQ10 Lip Balm. I use this every night before bed and my lips are so moisturized during the day that I forget to apply gloss, balm or lipstick
6)Body butters from Lush (specially king of skin and heavanila - I applied these ones straight after showering before towel drying, its more effective than Johnsons baby oil and takes the same time applying)
7)Mask "The Sacred Truth" from Lush. An amazing mask that I find as good as Pangea´s one with Goji berries and Matcha tea. Shame that after 3 weeks goes bad and I can not find it in Portugal yet.
8)Rimmel varnishes (specially the 10 days ones - they dont last 10 days, usually about 5 but they have excellent prices and beautiful colours)

Its all I can remember for now.Will post later other drugstore finds if I can remember lol

And that´s about it.
micka686
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 23, 2010 12:40 pm      Reply with quote
Question: Where can you buy Cerave in Canada? I've heard many good things about this moisturizer ...
pinknika
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 23, 2010 10:33 pm      Reply with quote
OOh I love drugstore buys! My favorites are:

Plus White 5 minute gel
Bonne Bell Lip Smackers in watermelon
Maybelline Full and Soft Mascara
L'oreal Voluminous mascara
Montagne Jeunesse Masks
Eucerin Anti-wrinkle Night Cream
Rimmel Cosmetics, their lipstick
Wet n Wild eyeshadows
Alba Botanica Pineapple cleanser
Clearasil Stay Clear Scrub
Neosporin Lip Health
Ultrabrite Toothpaste
Arm & Hammer whitening boost
VO5 hot oil treatments

there are others I think, but these are some of my favorites!
Ottawa Shopper
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 25, 2010 2:49 am      Reply with quote
micka686 wrote:
Question: Where can you buy Cerave in Canada? I've heard many good things about this moisturizer ...

Skincarerx.com sells that brand.
They ship to Canada.

another thing is they price match any authorized site that sells it, so if you find it for cheaper you send them the website and ad and they refund you the difference.

I price match all the time there for Derma E and some soaps and shower gels I like Smile
-shipping is resonable to Canada also
Mirielle
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 26, 2010 1:40 pm      Reply with quote
clean and clear oil absorbing sheets Very Happy
Skippie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 29, 2010 5:14 am      Reply with quote
I just started using Revlon Grow Luscious mascara and while I don't see that my lashes are growing longer, I do like the mascara itself. I wasn't sure I would when I pulled the wand out of the tube, because the brush is huge. But I haven't had any problems applying the mascara to my lashes and the big brush means that there's no extra mascara on the brush when I pull it out so I'm not getting clumps on my lashes. I imagine they'll quit making it next week, because it doesn't get very good reviews and I like it. Rolling Eyes

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 29, 2010 2:38 pm      Reply with quote
My recent find is a sulfate free shampoo:
http://www.renpure.com/

Renpure Organics My Pretty Hair is Parched.

I think RenPure is the same company that makes Aussie.

Also, John Frieda Luxurious Volume Volumizing Conditioner.
CareBear79

Fri Oct 01, 2010 4:28 pm      Reply with quote
Some of my favourites are:

Jergen`s natural glow (gives gradual, natural colour)

Freeman Avocado and Oatmeal facial clay mask (only about $3 at Wal Mart, I`ve been using it since I was a teenager, really makes your skin smooth and radiant)

Mabelline Great Lash Mascara
ginnielizz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 01, 2010 5:25 pm      Reply with quote
I haven't *actually* managed to find these yet, because while they are a drugstore find, they're not at any of MY local drugstores. Sad But as soon as I'm able, I'll be getting my mitts on these Blum Naturals Daily Combination/Oily Towelettes. I blogged a little more about them here, but basically, I have never found a towelette that wasn't either full of icky occlusives or really stingy/ouchy on my face.

These have a small amount of salicylic acid and a gentle-looking ingredient list, so here's hoping they can replace plain old 7th gen baby wipes as my "egads I'm too lazy to bother" solution on the supposedly-rare nights when I don't remove my makeup before bedtime. I like to think the BHA would help mitigate the pore-clogging damage of skipping a makeup removal/face washing... will update if I ever track them down!

32, fair hair/eyes/skin, always a mix of dry/oily/sensitive/acne/clogged pores. But I keep getting compliments on my skin, so something must be working! Beauty blog at http://heliotro.pe; online dating coaching at http://theheartographer.com
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 04, 2010 1:15 am      Reply with quote
I LOVE Physician's Formula Gel Cream Eyeliner. It is the one that comes in packs of three and stack together. I usually hate gel liners, I bought two MAC ones a couple years ago and promptly gave them away. But the Physician Formula ones are amazing. You get three colors for about $11 and you get a pretty awesome brush too. The packaging is what caught my eye since I absolutely was NOT a drugstore makeup gal. A more detailed review is written on this blog:

http://nouveaucheap.blogspot.com/2010/01/review-new-physicians-formula-shimmer.html

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 04, 2010 5:08 am      Reply with quote
Does anyone have a recommendation for a good drugstore cream to powder foundation? I've been using Revlon Age Defying makeup with SPF 20, but I guess it's been discontinued because I can't find it anywhere. Sad I don't want to buy anything expensive because I only use this on the days I'm in a hurry and on weekends. I've tried Cover Girl Simply Ageless and didn't care for it. It made my face oily.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 04, 2010 6:29 pm      Reply with quote
A few new favorites:
Skin Effects by Dr. Jeffrey Dover: (from CVS)
...Cellular Nutrient Serum with anti-oxidants
...Anti-Aging Eye Treatment

Age-defying toothpaste by arm and Hammer - Great for "older" teeth: it remineralizes enamel.

Face Wash from Cerave - Already have the moisturizing tub.
L'oreal hydrating shampoo Everstrong - no SLS, no harsh salts in the product.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 05, 2010 4:38 am      Reply with quote
Nothing beats Lucas Paw Paw Ointment as my fav multi-purpose treatment for dry/cracked skin and lips. Also I love Trilogy Rosehip Oil...it makes my skin glow! Smile
Nymue
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:17 am      Reply with quote
-- Aquaphor ointment. It's the only thing that keeps my lips from being a flaky mess. After 2 rounds of Accutane (and I'd do it again if I had to!), my lips are dryer than they used to be.

-- Maybelline Full and Soft mascara. It's the only one I consistently repurchase. Sometimes I'll try a new one, and I never even make it through the full tube before I go back to my old standby.

-- Selsun blue shampoo. I don't really have dandruff, just an itchy scalp. Head and Shoulders didn't help much. I love the smell of Selsun blue (I have the moisturizing formula), it helps keeps the itchies at bay, and definitely makes my hair softer since I started using it.

-- Suave Professionals Vibrant Shine Conditioner. On my first bottle, and will definitely repurchase. It's cheap, it works great, and it smells great. Done deal!

-- Vaseline Healthy Hand & Nail lotion. Have been buying this for years. I use it after every time I wash my hands at work.

I just picked up the Cerave PM lotion and the face wash. I actually bought the wrong one, the hydrating one. Returning it today for the foaming face wash. So far the PM lotion is working just fine. Seems like my face doesn't get as dry during the day as it had been. I needed a good basic nighttime lotion. I had been using RoC retinol night treatment, and was getting dull skin as a result, (my face is really sensitive to retinol, I guess!). I read on Makeup Alley how some are using the Cerave PM about 20 minutes before their tretinoin treatments to avoid the dryness, so I figured I'll give that a try so I can back to using the RoC retinol (I'd given it up because it was making my face look worse instead of better).

I'm hoping that the foaming face wash will actually take off ALL of my makeup. I'm having a problem finding a face wash that will do it! It's just mineral makeup! Yet no matter what I use, I always get a dirty cotton pad afterwards, when I swipe with my glycolic toner.

Such great recs in this thread! Very Happy
Skippie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 05, 2010 10:49 am      Reply with quote
There are some good suggestions, but I think I'm at the wrong drugstore, because I walk up and down the aisles and have never seen half of these products. I'll have to make a list next time I go.

What drugstore do you use, Safire? I'm interested in the two products you mentioned.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:27 am      Reply with quote
Skippie wrote:
There are some good suggestions, but I think I'm at the wrong drugstore, because I walk up and down the aisles and have never seen half of these products. I'll have to make a list next time I go.

What drugstore do you use, Safire? I'm interested in the two products you mentioned.

You and me both Skippie! LOL I wonder if that's in Australia, the Lucas paw paw ointment is an Aussie product that I have never seen here in the states? Maybe it's someplace I don't know about though! Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 05, 2010 5:11 pm      Reply with quote
Aussie member here. Lucas Paw Paw ointment has petrochemicals/mineral oil from memory. It's a very popular product here & it's lovely on the lips, but i prefer something without those nasties.
Trilogy Rosehip Oil is one of my HG's. I think it's made in NZ. I've lost count of how many bottles i have bought in the last couple of years. It's a product i will never be without. Trilogy make lots of lovely, natural products.
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:26 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |