Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Face and neck exercises?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
doba
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 21, 2006 7:32 am      Reply with quote
I am wondering if anyone does face and neck exercises? If yes, do you see any improvement?
Mary H.
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 21, 2006 10:05 am      Reply with quote
Hi Doba!

I actually bought one of those Dermaltone facial exercisers on Ebay, and I do notice a difference when I use it consistently...mainly in my cheek and brow area. The muscles tighten up, and gives my face a more "sculpted" look...if that makes any sense! And I do think the increased circulation from the electrical stimulation to the facial muscles helps in keeping my skin looking rosy. Just to clarify, before I started using it, my skin wasn't really heading south in a big way...so for me, this was more of a "preventative strike" to keep me from eventually resembling a basset hound! Laughing So, between the Dermaltone and all the great skincare stuff I've learned from this board, I am super happy with my regime. In fact, someone mistook me for 30 the other day (I'll be 40 in June)...so thank God for EDS!

Hope this helps some!
Mary
doba
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 21, 2006 10:43 am      Reply with quote
Mary,

Thank you for your help.
Mary H.
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 21, 2006 10:58 am      Reply with quote
You're very welcome! Smile

Mary
I'm Kiki
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 21, 2006 12:43 pm      Reply with quote
A BIG second to the Dermal Tone! I've used 2 other products similar to this and can say, I prefer the Dermal Tone..

I don't have a big problem and I attribute that to mostly good genes, but also because I did start, 'shocking' my face early..

It's well worth the investment...
doba
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 21, 2006 1:04 pm      Reply with quote
Mary and Kiki,

How often and for how long do you use the Dermal Tone?

Thank you
sharky
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 21, 2006 1:16 pm      Reply with quote
Two years ago I did the "face aerobics" tape frequently (the gma of my dd's best friend had it). It did seem to help with shaping my face and with firmness.

The Dermaltone sounds interesting. How often do you need to use it to get results?
I'm Kiki
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 21, 2006 1:17 pm      Reply with quote
doba, I'm just getting back into using it on a regular basis.. I admit to being bad at times...LOL The instructions say 1 minute per area, but you can do up to 3 minutes per.. You can also do it more than once a day, as long as there is 4 hours between treatments...

I've been trying to get in 2 times a day, at 2 minutes per area.. 1 just doesn't seem long enough, and 3 is to long...LOL

It says it will take 6 months to achieve your best results, but this is also going by people who have a lot to 'lift'.. There are pictures and all the instrustions on DermalTone.com... The way I see it, the longer I do it per area, at a time, and the more I do it, a day, the faster the results...

My son is getting married in May and I have every intention of being the HOTTEST Mother of the Groom {or any Mother for that matter} that ever walked the earth...LOL

Right now people are surprised I'm not in my early to mid 30's. My son and daughters co workers have all said I am to young to be their Mother and several times people have thought my son and I were boy/girl friends.. I'm not saying I look early 20's but apparently young...

I attribute it all to VERY good genes, THANKS Mom and Daddy, and also to the fact I've always been a skin care junkie.. My sisters who are 7 and 5 years younger than me, with the same genes, look older than I do.. YES!!!!!! ROFL...

Hope I was of some help...
Mary H.
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 21, 2006 1:28 pm      Reply with quote
It’s been awhile since I looked at the instructions, so I went on the dermaltone website to check it out. Looks like the basic “start-up plan” is exercising all 8 points on the face at least 1 minute per area, 4-5 days a week (but like Kiki said, you can do longer on each point…all depending on how much you need to lift). After that, they say you can do it 2-3 times a week for maintenance.

As for me, I never get past the “one minute per area” time stretch…simply because I have no patience... Laughing Thankfully, the one minute does the trick, so I’d say the whole routine takes me about 20 minutes…no more than that. I probably end up doing it 4 times a week on the average…sometimes a little less, but the effect still seems to stick around!

Mary
doba
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 21, 2006 1:41 pm      Reply with quote
Mary and Kiki,

Thank you for all your help.
Mary H.
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 21, 2006 1:51 pm      Reply with quote
Any time! Very Happy

Mary
doba
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 21, 2006 2:27 pm      Reply with quote
Mary,

You got it from ebay. Did you buy it from Dermal Tone - DIRECT FROM FACTORY (they sell it on ebay) or from a different seller? Also, do you remember how long did it take to arrive and if you don't mind how much was it?

Thank you.
Mary H.
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 21, 2006 2:58 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Doba!

It's been so long since I bought it (2003), I had to go back and check my Ebay feedback to see who sold it to me! Laughing I remember I paid $100.00, and it must have been a direct from factory because the seller was "dermaltone". I recall it getting to me pretty quickly...within a few days.

Hope that helps!
Mary
doba
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 21, 2006 5:45 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you very much.
doba
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 22, 2006 8:06 am      Reply with quote
Sharky,

Do you remember what was the name of the "face aerobics" tape you used? How long did it take to see the results?

Thank you.
sharky
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 22, 2006 8:39 am      Reply with quote
It is called "face aerobics" by Judith Olivia. I started this the same time as a low glycemic index diet and in 6 months I had significant improvement in skin elasticity (less drooping neck and wrinkles disappeared). I now only have fine lines which I am addressing using supplements and topicals. I do not know how much of the improvement was due to diet and how much to the exercises. I did them regularly back then (20 min or so 3-4 times/week) and still when I'm driving or watching TV do some of them. I know some people claim that exercises cause wrinkles but that is definately not my experience. The Dermaltone sounds interesting is it very noisy (could you do it watching video on TV?
I'm Kiki
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 22, 2006 9:02 am      Reply with quote
The Dermal Tone has no sound at all... I'm doing it right now, while I surf the www and watch TV...

I did see an infomercial about the Derma Wand, I think that's the name.. It sure looks interesting.. I can almost see a new product in my furtue...LOL
doba
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 22, 2006 11:33 am      Reply with quote
Sharky,
Thank you very much for the information. I will order the video. I hope it will work for me, too.

Kiki,
I am thinking of ordering the Dermal Tone. I also like the Derma Wand, but first I would like to see some reviews. Thanks for all your help.
I'm Kiki
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 22, 2006 11:49 am      Reply with quote
doba, you're welocme.. I hope between Mary and I, we answered your questions...

I'm going to look into the Derma Wand more, but I'm like you, I want more feed back on it.. I think it might be a good 'in addition to' the Dermal Tone, if in fact it does do what they say, and oxygenate the skin as well... I know the same expensive treatment you get in an office works wonders... Question is, will this smaller version do the same...

Keep us updated on what you decide and if you get it.. I'd like to hear what you think of it..
doba
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 22, 2006 6:32 pm      Reply with quote
Kiki,

I think that I will buy the Dermal Tone.
I will update you of any (I hope) progress. I mostly need it for my neck area.

Thanks again.
doba
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 24, 2006 8:48 am      Reply with quote
Mary and Kiki,

Yesterday, I ordered Dermal Tone. I hope it will work for me, too.
I'm Kiki
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 24, 2006 9:13 am      Reply with quote
Great doba! Did you get it thru the official site or ebay? Any idea whwn you'll get it? I really think you'll like it.. Just remember to give it some time if you have noticiable issues... Also take it slow, start on a lower power level... I still make the mistake of starting to high and man do I get bit! Laughing
Mary H.
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 24, 2006 9:31 am      Reply with quote
Hi doba!

I think you'll like it, too! And Kiki's right...start on the lower settings until you get used to it. Also, you never really use the "high" settings around the eye area because the muscles are so tiny and really don't require a big "zap" to firm up! Laughing

Keep us posted on your progress!

Mary
doba
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 24, 2006 10:15 am      Reply with quote
Kiki and Mary,

Thank you for the tips.
I got it from the eBay for $127.50 plus $10 shipping and insurance (I was watching the prices for a couple of days). It is from Dermal Tone - DIRECT FROM FACTORY (they sell it on eBay) with all the warranties as their official website. If you order from their website directly it is $179.85 plus $12.95 shipping. So, I saved quite a bit!

Did any of you use it on your chin/neck area?

Thanks
Mary H.
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 24, 2006 11:23 am      Reply with quote
Yep...there are three different points in the chin and neck area that you use the DermalTone on (the instruction book and video will show you exactly where they are). There are 8 points in all, and I work every one of them! Even if there is one area that needs more work than the rest, they still advise to do all the points on the face.

Hope that helps!
Mary Very Happy
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:18 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |