Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Retinol
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
salster68
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 21, 2006 9:47 am      Reply with quote
Hi

I am wanting to try a retinol cream for wrinkles around the eyes, lips and forehead.

Could any of you let me have suggestions as which ones to go for and where to buy from

Many thanks

Sally

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 21, 2006 12:29 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Salster,

I can think of three popular retinol products on this forum, someone please correct me if I get the % wrong:

SkinCeuticals .5% and 1%
gel/cream texture, good for oilier skin

Green Cream (choose a "Level" .3 to .9%)
gel texture

PSF 1% (I think they may also have a .5%)
light lotion texture

I liked SkinCeuticals at the .5% very much and never experienced any peeling. when I moved up to 1% I switched to PSF because...well...I love all their products and wanted to support their wonderful efforts. I believe Laurabeth has experience with the Green Cream. I've not experienced the peelies but she has and I am unsure as to whether this is from the strength or the gel base being more drying? I'd like to know myself.

I do use this on my crows feet but not on my undereye or eyelid.

HTH
laurabeth
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 22, 2006 6:09 pm      Reply with quote
I have experienced some peeling with Green Cream level .3%- pretty low percent yet super potent for me! I am a redhead with dry skin so I think that the remodeling and flaking phase existed for me because of that. I am not flaking anymore though- I think 4 or 5 weeks later? I am not yet applying it everynight, just every third night right now. My skin is smoothing out, blackheads diminishing. I think retinol is a must to incorporate into the nighttime regimen for controling acne, aging skin and hyperpigmentation (lots of freckles in my case- ha ha) I got sunburned a lot as a kid- allergic to sunscreen Embarassed I mean I had freckles everywhere!! Even on my eyelids and lips!! But not anymore! I've also found MY HOLY GRAIL he he he sunscreen--------Avene sunblock 50+. OMG it is the best- great coverage, sinks in my dry skin, doesn't clog pores, and does not make my eyes sting!!! Very Happy I can put it right over my eyelids and under my eyes.
If you add retinol or any exfoliator you MUST wear sunscreen everyday!

pnw-- you may be right about it causing peeling with me because of the gel texture, I didn't think of that before. So PSF is a lotion? I really love PSF products, but will stick with the green cream for now! May switch next winter though Embarassed Boy this one was cold and dry! Well in Iowa that is. Wink

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 22, 2006 7:25 pm      Reply with quote
Hey laurabeth,
Thanks for the tip on the sunscreen! I have heard others like it too and I am on the hunt. Wow! It sounds like you are having amazing results with your green cream. The only other thing I can think of is that your gel retinol may not be as "buffered" by other ingredients as mine and you may be getting faster results at a lower dose! And I use mine every other night. It does sound like a good idea to use a more moisturizing one in the winter and a gel one in the summer. Since your skin is dry, I'll bet you'd Love PSF's retinol. I may try the green cream!
laurabeth
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 22, 2006 10:37 pm      Reply with quote
Aren't we funny, we always have to try everything until we can make up our minds. Wink Everyone's skin is different, that's the only reason I can come up with for the multitudes of products out there! Happy hunting Wink

Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:57 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |