Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

little wrinkles in pores?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
SuperCelebs
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 24, 2006 5:22 am      Reply with quote
i have no idea whats wrong with my skin but its been like this for a few months.. if i look closely in the mirror.. i can see little wrinkles/lines connecting all my pores together.. there the worst beside my nose.. but there all over my t zone.. any ideas on how i can help this?
Mabsy

Sat Feb 25, 2006 12:29 am      Reply with quote
I'm not sure what to make of this but it sounds like dehydrated skin. I would suggest you exfoliate and then follow with a moisturising mask. After that see if they are still there.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 25, 2006 8:41 am      Reply with quote
ive been using glycolic acid(alpha hydrox).. for almost 3 weeks.. but i havent really seen any results from it.. it hasnt did anything for all the little tiny lines all over my face.. does it usually take longer to see results?
Mabsy

Sat Feb 25, 2006 7:05 pm      Reply with quote
SuperCelebs wrote:
ive been using glycolic acid(alpha hydrox).. for almost 3 weeks.. but i havent really seen any results from it.. it hasnt did anything for all the little tiny lines all over my face.. does it usually take longer to see results?

Did this start before or after you started the glycolic acid. Just be aware that while it exfoliates it does have a tendency to dry the skin as well so you must counteract that with possibly a richer moisturiser than your usual. Also, what strength of glycolic is the product you're using?

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 26, 2006 2:29 am      Reply with quote
ive been using the 12% alpha hydrox souffle .. my skin has been like this for a while.. its hard to explain..but if i go up close in the mirror i have little tiny lines all over my face.. they arent wrinkles but just several very small lines pretty much everywhere in my t-zone.. especially on my forehead and beside my nose..if i stretch the skin they pretty much disapear. i was thinking the glycolic acid would exfoliate the top layer of my skin so the lines would basically disapear.
Mabsy

Sun Feb 26, 2006 2:53 am      Reply with quote
SuperCelebs wrote:
ive been using the 12% alpha hydrox souffle .. my skin has been like this for a while.. its hard to explain..but if i go up close in the mirror i have little tiny lines all over my face.. they arent wrinkles but just several very small lines pretty much everywhere in my t-zone.. especially on my forehead and beside my nose..if i stretch the skin they pretty much disapear. i was thinking the glycolic acid would exfoliate the top layer of my skin so the lines would basically disapear.

hmm it still sounds to me like dehydration. I'm really not sure sorry. I hope someone else might be able to give you some advice. Out of curiosity, what happens when you do a moisturising mask? Do the lines disappear?

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 26, 2006 5:05 am      Reply with quote
i dont think im dehydrated.. i drink tons of water, and my skin isnt dry or tight at all.. like i said its hard to explain.. i guess a good way to describe it would be somewhat scaly skin.. masks dont really do anything for me.. most of the lines are very small.. maybe 1cm long but there all over my t zone in bunches.. i thought glycolic acid was supposed to reveal new skin which would help since they arent deep at all... about a year ago i had fairly bad eczema on my face.. is it possible that it could have caused this?
Mabsy

Sun Feb 26, 2006 8:27 pm      Reply with quote
Sorry, I have no idea what else to suggest. Yes, glycolic acid is supposed to resurface and help with little fine lines. It can make things look worse (I find) if you don't moisturise enough because it can be drying but it doesn't seem like that is the case here.

Maybe you should give EDS a call and see what they suggest? Just a thought...

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 26, 2006 9:47 pm      Reply with quote
I think i know what you are talking about. I made a post about a concern with tiny tiny little lines i noticed in my skin..they are around tiny pores as well and sometimes i notice, other times when I look up close they are not there at all.and they look nothing like lines of damaged skin I see on other people. So my conclusion is my skin probably needs better exfoliation and moisture.

5% products discount

Mon Mar 27, 2006 12:19 pm      Reply with quote
wow -i too have noticed these tiny "pore lines" on my skin for the first time a few weeks ago. when i pull the tiny line, it disappears. the only thing i have done different to my skin is a 50% glycolic peel a few weeks ago. maybe glycolic caused this? my skin is dry too. hopefully our weird tiny lines will soon disappear altogether. (oh -i did use copper serum a few times a few weeks ago? maybe this is the culprit?)

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 29, 2006 9:37 pm      Reply with quote
I have those lines around my pores too. I know my skin is not dehydrated because I have oily skin. I exfoliate on a regular basis and I moisturize but they're still there.
purpleturtle
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 30, 2006 9:18 pm      Reply with quote
i did read that even though a person has oily skin, they should still moisturize believe it or not. the body does produce excess oil when it is dried out..so maybe you could just give intense hydration a try and see it anything changes. if it doesnt work after that, i have no clue what could help.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 31, 2006 5:48 pm      Reply with quote
I do moisturize my skin twice a day but those annoying lines are still there. Do you think using a peel would help?
valerianroots
5% products discount

Sat Apr 01, 2006 6:02 am      Reply with quote
I also have these lines. Mine are from my over use of glycolic acid. AHAs are meant to be used in 6 month blocks or less.
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 01, 2006 8:19 am      Reply with quote
One thing that I think is important to note.... Oily skin, even SUPER oily skin, can indeed be very dehydrated.... Sometimes the oil masks it, because you don't necessarily see the same tightness, etc.

I don't think there's any question that the phenomena described is the result of AHA / BHA applications. That doesn't mean you shouldn't do it. It does mean that you have to take special care to make sure your skin is well hydrated.

I have oily skin and shy away from heavy moisturizers. However, the IS Clinical HydraCool serum, which is close to a topical application of pure hyaluronic acid, does a fabulous job of hydrating and plumping the skin without adding to oiliness...
indira
5% products discount

Wed Jul 11, 2007 11:42 am      Reply with quote
I've had the same problem for months now--my pores connect and form tiny lines. I them have all over my cheeks (when I smile) and esp. near my nose (all the time). Does anyone know if Retin A helps with this problem? It's quite noticible and other people keep asking me what's happening to my skin Sad

I'm 39, have oily skin, and have never used any peels except Retin A for the past month. I also use Cetaphil cleanser/moisturizer. Any help welcome...thanks in advance Smile
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 11, 2007 1:04 pm      Reply with quote
Mabsy wrote:
I'm not sure what to make of this but it sounds like dehydrated skin. I would suggest you exfoliate and then follow with a moisturising mask. After that see if they are still there.

I agree that it sounds like dehydrated skin. Mine does that sometimes, too, and I know I am not drinking enough H2O. Sad I think it's something internal. You should try fish oil supplement, and drink more water. Get plenty of sleep will help, too. Go to bed by 10 pm.
Selesti
5% products discount

Wed Jul 11, 2007 1:50 pm      Reply with quote
Just because your skin is shiny doesn't mean it's not dry as well (exhibit A, my nose which is shiny, has blackheads, and peels skin off all at the same time)

I agree with what other ppl are saying, try using a moisturizing mask (like Origins Drink Up) or use a serum like Prescriptives Super Line Preventer + twice a day and that should take care of it.
Mardy Bum
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 11, 2007 4:08 pm      Reply with quote
I used to have those but now they are gone and I use retin A also but the only thing that has gotten rid of them (I mean completly gone ) was Olive Squaline, a little at night and in the morning over any active, it has been a HG for me and has taken 5 years off my face, I know that everyone is different but I can apply all my actives and it works great as a make up primer also. It really does make a difference to my skin!
existential lady
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 11, 2007 5:18 pm      Reply with quote
Mardy Bum, where do you buy your olive squalane? I looked on line and got thoroughly confused as to a source. Grateful for any reply.
Mardy Bum
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 11, 2007 5:29 pm      Reply with quote
I buy mine from a little organic store in Australia, they post it to me as I do not think they have a web site (I will have a look), but basically I think it is all much the same as long as it is an Olive derived squaline, I will see if I can do a little research on google and see what the best source is for you.
indira
5% products discount

Wed Jul 11, 2007 6:02 pm      Reply with quote
Selesti wrote:
Just because your skin is shiny doesn't mean it's not dry as well (exhibit A, my nose which is shiny, has blackheads, and peels skin off all at the same time)

I agree with what other ppl are saying, try using a moisturizing mask (like Origins Drink Up) or use a serum like Prescriptives Super Line Preventer + twice a day and that should take care of it.

Thanks, Selesti. It's quite possible that you're right. I'll def. try a moisturizing mask and see what happens.
indira
5% products discount

Wed Jul 11, 2007 6:21 pm      Reply with quote
Mardy Bum wrote:
I used to have those but now they are gone and I use retin A also but the only thing that has gotten rid of them (I mean completly gone ) was Olive Squaline, a little at night and in the morning over any active, it has been a HG for me and has taken 5 years off my face, I know that everyone is different but I can apply all my actives and it works great as a make up primer also. It really does make a difference to my skin!

Thanks so much for this info!! I've never heard of Olive Squaline before. If you could tell me a bit more about purchasing it that would be great Smile Not sure if certain brands/types are better than others...Also, do you have oily skin by any chance? I do and I'm wondering how my skin would react to this.
melanie haber
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 11, 2007 7:54 pm      Reply with quote
SupercElebs, you might try hyaluronic acid supplements to "hydrate from within" just to see if that makes a difference. (Otherwise, another possibility is simply that the glycolic exfoliation you have done has suddenly exposed something to you that is the makeup of most people's skin and that becomes more visible with time, and which you would not be seeing as clearly without the exfoliation -- but it does sound like others here have been able to remedy them...)
Mardy Bum
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 11, 2007 8:26 pm      Reply with quote
I have just emailed the company to see if they can supply internationally, it is not expensive about $18.00 Australian. No I do not have oily skin, nor is it extremely dry. I have been using retin A and CP's and have been using all sorts of actives and moistuisers but I got some of this Olive Squaline and almost overnight those lines that you are talking about, also my fine cross-linked lines that go from my deeper lines were dramatically improved and from then on I was hooked. My lines seem to keep improving right in front of me, its amazing, I have never had such a simple product that works and keeps me hydrated but not oily all day and my make-up looks great over top, it just glides on and doesn't sink into the lines, now when I smile I don't see those lines from my nose (in between my pores)and they used to be there all the time. It sinks right in to your skin and it feels like it pushes the other actives, after I apply my DMAE and Matrixyl serum it makes my face nice and firm and the Squaline does not take away the effect, it seems to moisturise perfectly without the tight feeling. You only need a couple of drops and it lasts ages. I will do a reveiw of this shortly, but in the mean time I will wait until the company e-mails me back and see if they can send it over there if they can't, or won't, I will be happy to forward some on to anyone who wants some, if you can't find a supplier over there.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:20 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |