Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

how to shrink / tighten nose pores ??????

EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Frankenstein

Sat Jan 10, 2004 4:27 pm      Reply with quote
I have very large pores in my nose. They are very clean, but too big and they are especially visable under fluorescent lighting at work. What is the most effective product to 'tighten' them???

thank you kindly.
wenron
5% products discount

Sat Jan 10, 2004 11:28 pm      Reply with quote
Try Epidermx (microdermabrasion)

greatnewskin.com
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 19, 2008 4:12 pm      Reply with quote
Frankenstein wrote:
I have very large pores in my nose. They are very clean, but too big and they are especially visable under fluorescent lighting at work. What is the most effective product to 'tighten' them???

thank you kindly.

Have you tried Retin A? I don't know your age, but pores sometimes get bigger due to aging skin. RA helps rebuild collagen and elastin, which then often tightens up the pores.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 20, 2008 12:21 am      Reply with quote
This and "how do I rid acne scars" seem to be the million dollar questions. I think the key is keeping the pores unclogged, which is so hard to do. I'm dying to get a clarisonic.
lunathefinal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 20, 2008 1:03 pm      Reply with quote
I've heard that once the pore is there, it would be extremely hard to make it disappear. But I pat cold water on my just washed face hoping the cold can help shrink the pores. Embarassed
taobunny
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 20, 2008 5:44 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Frankenstein,

While some people may not consider large pores a critical problem (i.e. Mr. Tirex and the deer), they can be a bothersome problem for others. Large pores are created by age and genetics. Pores are beneficial in that they keep your face hydrated and your skin elastic by secreting oils. However, if the pore becomes clogged with dirt and bacteria it may dilate and become larger. While you can’t ever completely shrink pores, there are ways to to effectively reduce their appearance and increase their functionality.

You could try the gentler options of glycolic acid cleaners, alpha and beta hydroxy acid cleansers and toners or spa microdermabrasion. Microdermabrasion can help clear your skin of by renewing its texture and shrinking (somewhat) pores in the process by clearing them of any exterior material.

You could also try at home devices like LED wands (about which there are several threads regarding).

At the other end of the scale, the Fraxel Laser and Photorejuvenation (or IPL) are both excellent light/laser based procedures that are effective in reducing the size of pores as well as clearing the face of superficial blemishes and marks. (Just FYI - I had some good success with the Fraxel laser - at least for pore size.)
nickieygirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 20, 2008 10:26 pm      Reply with quote
I think no product can help this problem. You can do only not to make it larger.
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:22 pm      Reply with quote
Retinol and vit c serum certainly seem to make mine look smaller, but I like to use Pure_Luxe Eraser to fill them in before my makeup and make them virtually disappear! Of course it's only temporary, since it is a silicone product.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 23, 2008 12:28 pm      Reply with quote
Sadly we cant change the size. Keeping them clean helps but since you already do that. How about trying a silicone based makeup primer? It can help fill them it.
phredd4
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:20 pm      Reply with quote
I've recently been using Jan Marini Biclear lotion again and have noticed my pores around my nose and inner cheeks are smaller. I had forgotten how good bioclear was!
Sel
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 25, 2008 6:21 am      Reply with quote
I've used the Jan Marini Bioclear aswell. It worked for me initially but then the results tapered off but I know it works for many people.

At the moment I'm using Finacea Gel and this has helped me so much, my pores definitely appear smaller and my skin feels amazingly smoooth. Before that I was trying Mama Lotion and again that helped and it is something I would use again. You can get little sample tubes of the Mama Lotion and they last for ages.
phredd4
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 25, 2008 2:31 pm      Reply with quote
Sel wrote:
I've used the Jan Marini Bioclear aswell. It worked for me initially but then the results tapered off but I know it works for many people.

At the moment I'm using Finacea Gel and this has helped me so much, my pores definitely appear smaller and my skin feels amazingly smoooth. Before that I was trying Mama Lotion and again that helped and it is something I would use again. You can get little sample tubes of the Mama Lotion and they last for ages.

I agree! I think to keep the pores tamed, you have to find 3-5 great products for this problem and just keep rotating. Right now I have the JM Bioclear, PC BHA Gel, Cellular Skin Rx Age-Limit Advanced Refinishing Serum, IS Clinical Active Serum and am thinking about ordering the MaMa lotion.
lunarmm
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 25, 2008 3:31 pm      Reply with quote
I have this same issue.

The Clarisonic skin brush has helped the appearance of mine - also helps a lot with keeping mine clearer (my nose pores tend to clog).

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 26, 2008 1:57 am      Reply with quote
Sel wrote:
You can get little sample tubes of the Mama Lotion and they last for ages.

BTW, where are you getting your Mama samples? Ebay?
Sel
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 26, 2008 4:31 am      Reply with quote
I asked for samples of it with my last EDS order and also received two from a UK website.
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 28, 2008 5:54 am      Reply with quote
Cliniques pore minimizer is fantastic at making pores look smaller/disappear/Its $16 and lasts forever.Try it first at makeup counter.I would not be caught without it,it also takes the shine off your nose.
stovetop
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:23 am      Reply with quote
For the pasr 4 months, I have been using the Karin Herzog line together with the Anti-Aging Lightstim and have seen improvement in my nose pores. The irony for me is that I suffered with rosacea and hyperpigmention for so many years that once these skin conditions were treated successfully, I realized that I had large pores, a condition which I had completely forgotten about since my teenage years. Laughing
darkwingduck
5% products discount

Tue Oct 28, 2008 3:47 pm      Reply with quote
I am not sure that any product can actually shrink pores but I've discovered that keeping the pores clean can make them appear smaller. Using an oil cleanser at night has really helped to clear out the blackheads and whiteheads and makes my pores look clean. I still am prone to clogged pores on my nose but an oil cleanser has made a big difference.
laana

Wed Oct 29, 2008 12:42 am      Reply with quote
I have try a lot of pruducts for the big pores on my nose,and the best things I thought is QUEEN HELENE's mint julep masque.
System
Automatic Message
Sat Oct 25, 2014 7:54 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Pür Minerals Correcting Primer Redness Reducer - Green (30 ml / 1 floz) Skincerity Nightly Breathable Masque (29.6 ml / 1 floz) Juice Beauty Blemish Clearing Mask (50 ml /  1.7 floz)