Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

:: Review :: DDF Organic Sunblock SPF30
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
alohagirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 10, 2004 8:07 pm      Reply with quote
If someone had handed me this tube without a label, I would swear it was a light moisturizer, not a sunblock! In fact, the ingredient list is very similar to most moisturizers.

I recently did a lot of research on sunscreens and learned some interesting facts such as:

"Sunblocks" are considered to be safer and more effective because they contain natural minerals such as Zinc and Titanium. They reflect the UV rays away from your skin. A "sunscreen" however, is made of radiation absorbing chemicals which attract and hold the radiation on the surface of your skin. Because of this, your skin's surface temperature actually increases when you're wearing chemical sunscreens and you feel hotter.

DDF Organic Sunblock SPF30 is called "Organic" because it contains no chemical sun protection, only Zinc and Titanium Dioxide. Until recently, these weren't too popular because they left an opaque white film on your skin. (Visualize surfer and lifeguard noses.)Wink But now zinc and titanium are available in smaller particle size, so they become invisible when applied. (Every bit as effective, though.)

This is my holy grail sunblock. It's the only one I've ever felt comfortable with using every day. It has mostly natural ingredients, so it's good for sensitive skin. Sometimes I even use it around my eyes instead of eyecream if I'll be in the sun. It's not drying at all.

Details: It's thick and creamy, but spreads easily. It comes out of the tube white, but immediately turns clear. It has no fragrance, no mineral oil and no propylene glycol. (Thoughtcrime, if you're reading this, it does contain beeswax so it's not good for vegans.)Sad
System
Automatic Message
The above post is a review of the following product available at EDS:
DDF Organic Sunblock SPF 30 (4 oz.)
DDF Organic Sunblock SPF 30 (4 oz.)

Recommended for irritated, sensitive skin that needs virtually total sunblock protection. Acts as a physical barrier that repels the sun’s harmful UVA/UVB rays. Contains DDF Redox™ Anti-Oxidant Complex for complete free radical protection. Proper use may help reduce the chance of premature aging of the skin and skin cancer.
No chemical sunscreens.
Physical barrier.
11 powerful antioxidants.
Specially formulated for sensitive skin.

thoughtcrime
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 10, 2004 8:44 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Alohagirl, for thinking of me Wink
elee123
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 13, 2006 5:48 am      Reply with quote
It sounds very convincing! Now I've got to order one for the summer.
tidieu
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 13, 2006 8:07 am      Reply with quote
This sounds good. I have oily skin and most sunscreens are too rich for me.
sarah19
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 13, 2006 11:39 am      Reply with quote
hey thanks for letting us know about this suncream i have very dry and senstive skin and have reacted to so many suncreams, what is ur skin type like dry or oily would you recommend it for dry skin as you said it was thick?
mtview
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 13, 2006 4:47 pm      Reply with quote
alohagirl,

Glad to hear that DDF is working out for you. Just remember to reapply every 2 hours since it has very low uva protection Sad I don't really understand how they can label it as spf 30...

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 13, 2006 5:32 pm      Reply with quote
Have you or anyone else tried the DDF Moisturizing or Matte Photo Age sunscreen?
yaling111
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 29, 2006 7:00 am      Reply with quote
I better try it, sounds good, I got cogested skin..
yaling111
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 29, 2006 7:01 am      Reply with quote
How about DDF's other products? Are they good?
hopemelody
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 30, 2006 9:27 pm      Reply with quote
I am looking for a decent sunblocks right now and I am torn between this one and Matte Photo Age sunscreen. I checked the ingrident list on the website, didn't see much difference. I wonder if they have any differences
lily
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 17, 2006 9:31 pm      Reply with quote
mtview (or anyone who can answer this)... how do you know this sunscreen has poor uva coverage?
mtview
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 17, 2006 11:17 pm      Reply with quote
lily wrote:
mtview (or anyone who can answer this)... how do you know this sunscreen has poor uva coverage?

Hi Lily,

The active ingredients for DDF Organic is Titanium Dioxide 2.5%, Zinc Oxide 4%. Those are awfully low Sad

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 18, 2006 12:39 am      Reply with quote
Oh I have to agree alohagirl its THE best!!! my skin is better with it and not just because of its sunblocking power but I am sure the ingredients are a treat for my skin ..... cant be without it!
lily
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 18, 2006 7:39 am      Reply with quote
mtview: What % should those be at? Also, how do you find out the uva rating of a sunscreen? (PPD)
amycc
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 20, 2006 6:36 am      Reply with quote
not greasy at all and i love it
rosielynt
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 19, 2006 1:42 pm      Reply with quote
I will try it
syllie
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 21, 2006 8:47 am      Reply with quote
So, this will not offer strong protection?
MMU would be okay to use over it since it is a mineral sunscreen, is that right?
Tigercat
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 19, 2006 7:41 pm      Reply with quote
Does it provide any even skin tone effect? I'm desperately searching for a good sunscreen (at least SPF20) which also provide "coverup" on skin defects at the same time, any suggestion can help me out?
rosielynt
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 18, 2007 9:04 pm      Reply with quote
I love this product. Been using it for 6 months. No complaints
VoltesV
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 19, 2007 7:37 pm      Reply with quote
This one still makes me look like a geisha sometimes. I prefer Clarin's UV 40. Smile
blaziamm
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 19, 2007 9:00 pm      Reply with quote
A bunch of Japanese suncreens are suitable for oily skin, and I tried kanebo last summer which was really great.

tidieu wrote:
This sounds good. I have oily skin and most sunscreens are too rich for me.
LilLoco
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 19, 2007 9:31 pm      Reply with quote
Tigercat --

Have you tried Philosophy's A Pigment of Your Imagination SPF18? I have not tried it, and it's not quite SPF20, but it has lightening agents in it (such as kojic acid) to help even out skintone and it's gotten some good reviews. Sorry to go slightly off topic of the thread, but hth.
Ke Jiang
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 20, 2007 8:42 am      Reply with quote
I love all DDF sunblocks Laughing Laughing Laughing This one is good to use in summer, as my skin is very dry, in winter using it I would still feel dry.
And I have the moisturizing one, too. It's really very moiturizing, and works well on me even in winter.
helenzwl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 20, 2007 11:34 am      Reply with quote
I want to buy a sunblock recently. It is useful message for me. Thanks!
jjb
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 21, 2007 9:20 pm      Reply with quote
Anyone know if they changed the formulation for this one recently? I've been using for awhile with great results (and I have SUPER sensitive skin!), but I was recently made aware on another thread that there are 2 different ingredients lists floating around out there for it and one says it contains parabens!
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:01 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |