Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)
Eczema in Children
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
BeFreeMan

Fri Feb 24, 2006 3:46 pm      Reply with quote
Hi,

Can anyone recommend products for children with mild eczema on legs and buttocks?

thanks!
BeFree
MelissaMarie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 24, 2006 5:00 pm      Reply with quote
Not sure if this will work, but a pharmacist created a cream called "butt paste" and its suppose to be amazing. Not sure where you can get this but google it and u might find it.

Melissa
pnw
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 24, 2006 5:44 pm      Reply with quote
My husband has to use a prescription to get rid of a flare up, but once it is gone, he keeps it away with good old vaseline. His is usually triggered by dry air, heat, hot water, cat allergy.

HTH
BeFreeMan

Fri Feb 24, 2006 8:15 pm      Reply with quote
MelissaMarie wrote:
Not sure if this will work, but a pharmacist created a cream called "butt paste" and its suppose to be amazing. Not sure where you can get this but google it and u might find it.

Melissa

butt paste Embarassed I can imagine me asking my pharmacist for it hmmmmm, I think I will google it Very Happy

Barry
jadette
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 25, 2006 6:12 am      Reply with quote
My daughter's skin has made remarkable improvements since we tested her for food allergies, removed those allergens from her diet and started her on a skin regimen from California Baby. You can get California Baby products online or at whole foods. Their calendula cream is like a miracle product for us. Usually we dab it on 4-5 times a day on the affected area and it's gone after a few days. Keeping the child's skin hydrated is very important. While's she's still wet after her bath we slather her down with the california baby super sensitive massage oil. Then we put their moisturizing cream all over her skin. Eczema is a tough issue to deal with for children - good luck!
BeFreeMan

Sat Feb 25, 2006 6:22 am      Reply with quote
Thanks J!!
kittylove
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 25, 2006 6:46 am      Reply with quote
For my daughter we did a few things--switched our laundry detergent and fabric softner to perfume and dye free; switched all her bath products to bath salts with geranium, lavender, juniper and bergamot...also shower gel for sensitive skin; and switched her lotions to aloe/vitamin e gel with a bit of olive oil and lavender. It was a bit tough since she loved the real perfumy things but it was getting worse and worse so we had to do something and it began to clear rapidly.
MelissaMarie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 25, 2006 10:08 am      Reply with quote
Grins about the "butt paste" but really even the news shows did a segment on this man (pharmasist) who made it, it seems to work miracles. He started making it for his clients who came into his store and word of mouth made it a big business. Seems if memory serves, it works on a wide range of problems.
MelissaMarie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 25, 2006 11:07 am      Reply with quote
Ok did a search, and its Boudreaux Butt paste,www.shoppinglousiana.com 4oz tube for 8.50 and 1oz tube for 3.25. Actually looks like great stuff..it was on ophra, ect...
Melissa
jadette
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 26, 2006 8:43 am      Reply with quote
I have the butt paste and put it on my daughter for her eczema. It didn't work for us. Anything you get you should test it on a small patch. We also switched to All free & clear detergent as well as adding flax oil to her diet. Today she is eczema free as long as we are careful with her diet.
BeFreeMan

Sun Feb 26, 2006 12:17 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks everybody! I have some great information to try because of your feedback.

Has anyone tried raw shea butter? I started using it a few days ago but my child does not like the way it smells. Thus this post.

BeFree
Mammamia
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 27, 2006 9:49 am      Reply with quote
I just started putting 100% Shea Butter on my daughter's super dry skin after her bath. I've only done one application so far, but I'm curious to see if this works. Right now, it's a bit hard to tell as she is suffering from Hives (from something else which I am still trying to figure out.) Confused I'm hoping the Shea Butter helps with this as well.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 27, 2006 12:33 pm      Reply with quote
mammamia,

I broke out in severe hives once and itched like h***! I would not have survived the weekend without Aveeno oatmeal bath. If your daughter is itching this will calm it significantly. You can find it at your local stores, sometimes at the grocery chains.
Mammamia
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 27, 2006 11:50 pm      Reply with quote
PNW,
Thanks for the tip. I will try to see if I can find Aveeno products here in Italy. Thankfully, she isn't itching too much but the Oatmeal bath sounds like a nice comforting thing to try.

Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:45 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |