Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
pH Advantage - Control Regimen
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Mabsy

Sun Feb 26, 2006 2:51 am      Reply with quote
I've had a few sets of samples of the entire regimen (but their samples are *so* tiny!) so I thought I'd quickly jot down my thoughts on this. At this stage what I would consider buying is the cleanser and maybe the AM/PM 45% Hyaluronic Infusion. I'd like to know the concentrations in the PM Vitamin Triple Complex as I do like it but I have doubts if there is enough vitamin C in there to do anything. I'd need more samples of the AM Facial Multi-Complex SPF 20 to make up my mind. It is nice but I am very picky with my moisturisers - still, the idea of something with AHA, SPF and antioxidants all-in-one really does appeal to me!

pH Advantage Control Regimen Polybead Moisturizing Cleanser - good basic cream cleanser with some tiny and very gentle polybeads in it. The consistency of this is seems to be that of a cream crossed with a balm. That's the best way I can describe it. I didn't realise it has exfoliating scrubby bits in it until I started massaging it in. They feel tiny and also very gentle. pH Advantage refers to this as a "deep exfoliating cleanser". I think I'd just call it "gentle exfoliating cleanser" instead.

Ingredients:
Water, Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate, Glycerin, Sucrose Cocoate, Polyglyceryl-3 Caprate, Polyethylene, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Castoryl Maleate, Palmitic Acid, Colloidal Oatmeal, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Tetrasodium EDTA, Saccharide Isomerate, Diazolidinyl Urea, Citric Acid, Lactic Acid, Geranium Maculatum Oil, Propylparaben, Methylparaben, Camellia Oleifera (Green Tea) Seed Extract, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Extract, Salvia Officinalis (Sage) Extract, Epilobium Angustifolium (Willowherb) Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Lactic Acid, Citrus Aurantium Amara (Bitter Orange) Oil, Linoleamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Aloe Barbadensis, Allantoin

pH Advantage Control Regimen PM Vitamin Triple Complex - I used this without knowing what it was and thought it had a weird texture. I still think it has a weird texture but at least now I know that a moisturiser is supposed to go over the top of it Smile This is in effect an antioxidant serum with vitamins C, E and A. It's a yellow balm consistency that feels incredibly powdery as it goes on. It was quite different! Very nice though and doesn't leave my face shiny at all.

Ingredients:
Cyclomethicone (and) Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Cyclopentasiloxane, Ascorbic Acid, Dimethicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Phenoxyethanol, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Retinyl Palmitate, Bisabolol, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Peel Wax, Geranium Maculatum Oil, Citrus Aurantium Amara (Bitter Orange) Oil

pH Advantage Control Regimen AM/PM 45% Hyaluronic Infusion - I'm on the fence about this one. It was nice in terms of texture and smell, and also in terms of leaving my skin feeling comfortable and definitely totally matte. I'd have to get a few more samples of this to determine if I'd buy it though as I have a feeling this may not be moisturising enough for me on a regular basis (as in, it feels fine now but if I were to use this only for weeks on end my skin might have issues with moisture - I'm not sure though).

Ingredients:
Water, Methylsilanol Ascorbate, SD Alcohol 40, Glycerin, Fragrance, Anthemis Nobilis (Chamomile) Flower Extract, Diazolidinyl Urea, Ethylparaben, Methylparaben, Xanthan Gum, Tetrasodium EDTA Sodium Hyaluronate, Glyceryl Polymethacrylate, Water, Pentylene Glycol, Propylene Glycol (and) Matricaria (Chamomilla Recutita) Extract, Hypnea Musciformis Extract (and) Gellidiela Acerosa Extract (and) Sargassum Filipendula Extract (and) Sorbitol, Betaine, Saccharide Isomerate, Sodium Carboxymethyl Betaglucan, Panthenol, Sodium PCA (and) Betaine (and) Sorbitol (and) Glycine (and) Alanine (and) Proline (and) Serine (and) Threonine (and) Arginine (and) Lysine (and) Glutamic Acid, Biosaccharide Gum-1, Citrus Aurantium Amara (Bitter Orange) Oil, Saccharomyces Lysate Extract, Methylchloroisothiazolinone (and) Methylisothiazolinone, Methylparaben, Propylparaben Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Butylene Glycol, Geranium Maculatum Oil, Tetrasodium EDTA, PPG-26-Buteth-26 (and) PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil

pH Advantage Control Regimen AM Facial Multi-Complex SPF 20 - it's a pretty light lotion with a slightly citric smell (in fact most, if not all, of the Control Regimen products I have tried had a very faint citrusy smell). It looked a tad shiny when I applied it but after a few minutes it sunk in, It's not completelly matte, but not oily/shiny in the end - it just leaves a bit of a glow (in a nice way). No white cast with the SPF from this. Also, this has 5% glycolic acid.

Ingredients:
Water, Glycolic Acid, Isodecylneopentanoate (and) Diisopropylsebacate (and) Lauryl Lactate, Pentylene Glycol, Epilobium Angustifolium (Willowherb) Extract, Ammonium Hydroxide, Camellia Oleifera (Green Tea) Seed Extract, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Peel Wax, Sodium Dihydroxycetyl Phosphate, Dimethicone, Glyceryl Stearate (and) PEG-100 Stearate, PEG-20 Methyl Glucose Sesquistearate, Methyl Glucose Sesquistearate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Carboxymethyl Betaglucan, PEG-40 Stearate, Lanolin Alcohol, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Cholesterol, BIS-PEG-12 Dimethicone Candelillate Xanthan Gum, Sorbitan Stearate, Sodium PCA (and) Betaine (and) Sorbitol (and) Glycine (and) Alanine (and) Proline (and) Serine (and) Threonine (and) Arginine (and) Lysine (and) Glutamic Acid, Allantoin, Panthenol, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Tetrasodium EDTA, Aloe Barbadensis, Retinyl Palmitate, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Bitter Orange) Oil, Geranium Maculatum Oil

Reparative Eye Complex - yellowy see-through gel, quite refreshing and so far moisturising enough. The gel has vitamin C, green tea and hyaluronic acid in it. With a pH of 6.3, I wouldn't count on the vitamin C too much but it's a good eye gel. It's meant to target wrinkles, puffiness and dark circles - I can't comment of the first and last but I think it might do something for puffiness because my eye area is feeling firmer right now. It's a strange feeling for me - it's not an uncomfortable tight feeling but it's noticeably different in terms of tightness.

Ingredients:
Water, Arnica Montana Extract, Pentylene Glycol, Ceratonia Siliqua Gum (and) Hydrolyzed Casein, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Epilobium Angustifolium (Willowherb) Extract, Hypnea Musciformis Extract (and) Gellidiela Acerosa Extract (and) Sargassum Filipendula Extract (and) Sorbitol, Ascorbyl Methylsilanol Pectinate, Camellia Oleifera (Green Tea) Seed Extract, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Extract, Borago Officinalis (Borage) Extract, Aesculus Hippocastanum (Horse Chestnut) Seed Extract, Triethanolamine, Sodium PCA (and) Betaine (and) Sorbitol (and) Glycine (and) Alanine (and) Proline (and) Serine (and) Threonine (and) Arginine (and), Lysine (and) Glutamic Acid, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Extract, Morus Alba (Mulberry) Root Extract, PPG-26-Buteth-26 (and) PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Propylene Glycol (and) Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice Root) Extract, Saccharomyces Lysate Extract, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Calendula Officinalis Extract, Sassafras Officinale Extract, Allantoin, Sodium Hyaluronate, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Tetrasodium EDTA, Aloe Barbadensis, Ormensis Multicaulis Oil, Saccharomyces/Silicon, Magnesium, Copper, Iron, Zinc Ferment

I gather that the Control Regimen part of the pH Advantage line is meant to address photoaging and is meant to provide ongoing "skin maintenance" as opposed to Regimen 1 and Regimen 2. Regimen 1 appears to be for those that have not used glycolic acid before, with Regimen 2 being for those that have used it or that have used Regimen 1. So in effect, it looks like pH Advantage is trying to cater to whole market in terms of photoaging and progressing people through the different regimens as their skin gets used to the ingredients. The Control Regimen is the last regimen in the line-up.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 03, 2006 4:08 pm      Reply with quote
I tried most of these products in the Control regimen, and I have to say that the Reparative Eye gel is really great! In addition to the ingredients you listed, it also has arnica in it, an anti-inflammatory. I found that my undereye area was very nicely depuffed from it. And I agree with what you said about the firmness factor...hard to describe but definitely there!
Mabsy

Fri Mar 03, 2006 8:13 pm      Reply with quote
PocoLoco - the eye gel samples were actually the most generous ones (possibly because you just need much less product) so I got to use this for quite a number of days. I am with you on this - it's very good! I like it more now then when I wrote the review.

O/T: Jurlique has an "arnica cream" and I have heard it being recommended by quite a few people to use around the eye area to combat dark circles. Apparently it's not really moisturising enough but a great treatment under an eye cream Idea

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 04, 2006 5:33 am      Reply with quote
This line is getting tremendous play here in the Washington D.C. area. Barry Cohen, the doc who developed it, is one of the areas most prominent cosmetic surgeons and makes every ten best list out there. It's interesting to read about the products !
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 04, 2006 10:48 am      Reply with quote
I've been curious about this line...I'd love to hear from more people who have tried it.

Sat Mar 04, 2006 5:26 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the info Katee - I had no idea as to the background of this line.

Would love to hear what other people's experiences were also...

Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:24 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |