Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Need rec for face moisturiser
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
mojocat
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 26, 2006 10:08 pm      Reply with quote
Ive got active oil glands but dehydrated surface. I just finished Jurlique's Herbal Recovery gel and have yet to re-order so comtemplating trying different. I also use Jojoba oil which i alternate with the Herbal. I notice that my T-zone, especially the area on the forehead between the eyes is so dry I can see fine creepy lines. Its so bad that when i blot during the day I can see the lines on the blotter. Anyone can recommend a moisturiser that would help to alleviate the dryness and yet not break me out since I have super active glands and tend to clog? Thanks!
Wild Cat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 26, 2006 11:43 pm      Reply with quote
Have you thought of trying Decleor Ylang Ylang Oil or the DIY version? It helps reculate oil production.

Another moisturizer I love is Orlane's Extrait Vital Emulsion. It absorbs really well and its a great base for makeup.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 27, 2006 1:01 am      Reply with quote
i went through a period where my T-zone ws super oily but at the same time, it was all dry and flakey. When I went in for an eyebrow wax the beautician told me that whatever i was using on my skin was suffocating it... I cannot remember exactly what she said, but it was something to the tune of it was preventing the moisture from getting to my skin (hence the dryness) but because the skin could not breath it was becoming oiler to try and compensate for the dryness.

She suggested I try the Thalgo delicate cleansing milk and corresponding moisturizer and I did.. they worked like a charm. The only reason I never repurchased it was because I found lots of other stuff to try and I wanted to avoid the fragrance. I might go back to it one day (and yes, I did use it up 100% before moving on, so that does say something).
mojocat
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 02, 2006 12:42 am      Reply with quote
Thanks! i use jojoba oil for removing make-up sometimes and also double it up as a moisturiser just around the T-zone. I did a serach on Orlane Vital Emulsion but found in a review thread started by Mabsy that it contains lanolin....which is a comedogenic ingredient?? My skin clogs easily so im not sure if that would suit me. And i cant find the Thalgo delicate moisturiser..what exactly is it called?
cloe
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 02, 2006 10:53 am      Reply with quote
Hi Mojocat,

I was having the same problem. I tried some samples of Juice Beauty Nutrient moisturizer and the oil free moisturizer and it totally balanced out the dryness. I really love these. I especially like the Nutrient moisturizer.

You can check them out here.
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/moisturizers-serums-m_401_403.htm

I would get a sample first to make sure it works for you. I got my sample from the local health food store and I know Sephora will give you samples if you have one near you. Smile
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:59 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |