Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

::REVIEW:: Shu Uemura Foaming Cleansing Water
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 27, 2006 2:16 pm      Reply with quote
I went to pick this up because I needed something foaming that came in a pump to keep at the hand basin (only way to get hubby to cleanse when he gets home from work).

We had tried the Murad pomegranate one before but found it left our skins feeling taught, so that was out. The 4 reviewers on Make Up Alley all raved about this, so off I went to the Shu Uemura counter at my local "departo".

It is a great cleanser, even on my dryish (due to over heating of office) skin. It takes away all trace of oil and grime and leaves the skin feeling.. um.. (trying to find a word).. smooth, dry and soft. The Japanese would call it "sara sara" (I love the fact Japanese has so many single words that describe an entire feeling, emotion or sound). I dont mean dry as in taught... it is very hard to articulate because I have never had a cleanser leave me with this kind of feeling on my skin. It is not a moisturized softness like some cream/milk cleansers leave.. it is a fresh, clean feeling and the skin feels "protected" like it has a barrier on it, but without any feeling of a film.

When I got the woman to demonstrate it on the back of my hand (wanted to test for taughtness) the first thing she said to me was "so after cleansing take two pumps of this into your palm" and i was like Question Then it dawned on me, she was saying that it can be used after the cleansing oil. Then I was Idea ... I am now able to go back to using the Shu cleansing oil I had, followed by this cleanser and have not had any breakouts (as I did when just using the oil).

I think it will be wonderful during the hot, humid summer too. I will give this a 4.5 out of 5.

ETA: Ingredients:

water, prooylene glycol, peg-4, peg-8, lauamidopropyl betaine, sea water, sodium cocoyl glycinate, lauryl glucoside, ruscus aculeatus root extract, bitter cherry extract, dipotassium glycyrrhizate, peg-60, jydrogenated castor oil, tocopheryl acetate, citric acid, disodium edta, sodium chloride, methyparaben, proylparaben, limonene, parfum.
mk
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 27, 2006 8:22 pm      Reply with quote
i have been curious about the shu umera cleansing oils for a while. i like cleanisng oils, but haven't found the right one yet. thing is, they don't sell the shu umera skin care in oz, and if they do, it is ludicrously priced.

glad it worked for you though
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 27, 2006 10:53 pm      Reply with quote
yes, mabsy and I had a chat on another review I did about Shu pricing in Australia.

Mecca certainly is able to rip you all off. It is outrageous that the eyelash curler sells for AU$60-odd whereas in Japan it sells for less than AU$12 and in the USA less than AU$26.

It is a shame there is no online store.
Mabsy

Tue Feb 28, 2006 2:54 am      Reply with quote
I'm glad that you found something the put your cleansing oil back into action Smile

Btw, re: buying Shu in Australia. While the US based Shu online shop doesn't ship to Australia, I have in the past been able to buy from them (and use my Australian credit card) and get the delivery handled by ShopTheStates. Works out so much cheaper than buying in Australia Rolling Eyes Plus, they send samples Wink

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 28, 2006 4:24 pm      Reply with quote
thanks mabsy, i'll check it out.

i'm with you both on the mecca thing though. mecca was so exciting when it first opened, but is such a rip off. nars and stila are priced through the roof!! and the shampoos they sell for $80!! i would feel a fool handing over $80 for shampoo.
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 01, 2006 5:56 am      Reply with quote
original post edited to add ingredients
System
Automatic Message
Mon Apr 15, 2024 11:17 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |