Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

What's good for forehead "elevens"
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Mariav
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 28, 2006 6:17 am      Reply with quote
I must be scowling alot lately....it seems that my forehead "eleven's" are getting a little more pronounced...

After trying the generous freebie of Derma Excel (thank you JB)I found that it really didn't do much for them.

Is there something you've used to help eliminate them or at least make them look less noticable?

Thanks! Smile

Maria

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 28, 2006 6:23 am      Reply with quote
I think the only way to solve this is not by using any skincare products but by stop scowling.

Sorry if I am stating the obvious, fist tackle what is causing you to scowl, maybe a relaxing massage or facial would be beneficial.

If they are very pronounced and still there when you are relaxed and smiling and still bother you, maybe botox would help.

By smiling and laughing, getting planty of sleep, relaxing and taking time out for youself it will instantly lift those elevens Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 28, 2006 6:31 am      Reply with quote
I agree with Rosebud but I used to use tape at night on that area and my chin. I know it helped (kind of trains those muscles not to go that way). I used tapes that left adhesive. There is a recent thread about good tapes to use at night.
Chrissie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 28, 2006 10:09 am      Reply with quote
Qhat about the dreaded botox injections??? Botox is one more thing in my anti-aging arsenial kit that really works!!

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 28, 2006 12:28 pm      Reply with quote
I use Relax-a-line and it works wonders. Mine were pretty deep from not wearing my glasses as a teen (squinting is so bad for your forehead/brow area).

Also drink plenty of water. I notice if I skimp on water, all my fine lines look more pronounced.

Lori

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 28, 2006 8:46 pm      Reply with quote
what is Relax A Line, and where do you get it.
mom2tommax
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 01, 2006 7:56 am      Reply with quote
Relax-a-line is a topical Argireline product to be used on lines and wrinkles. It relaxes the muscles similar to Botox, but not as dramatic. Relax-a-line is a simple formulation of 10% Argireline, distilled water, and seaweed extract.

It is made by CellularSkinRX. You can get it here on EDS, or directly from the manufacturer (cheap shipping and excellent customer service).

It is relatively affordable to ($24 for .5oz. which lasts me 3 months using it twice a day on my forhead and between my eyebrows only).

Lori

P.S. You can check and see if CellularSkinRX.com has any type of return policy if you don't see results. I'm not sure if they do or not. I love it, so I've had no reason to check that out.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 01, 2006 12:35 pm      Reply with quote
Their Relax Plus with Vialox is very good, too. I use it on the "11" and the Relax-A-Line on my crow's feet. The Vialox is stronger than the acetyl hexapeptide (at least on me). You can get both of them here on the EDS shopping area, too.
jamis77731

Tue Mar 14, 2006 12:15 pm      Reply with quote
The Relax-A-Line has Hyaluronic Acid
as an ingredient. I know various acids are used in masks, but is it safe to use on a daily basis on your face in sensitive areas?
Candy8865
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 15, 2006 12:29 am      Reply with quote
I have been using PSF BrowTox with nice results. I scowl alot apparently Confused and I don't think anything short of stapling my 11's will stop them. I have now incorporated Frownies into my nighttime routine, that with the BrowTox has made a really big difference for me.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 15, 2006 5:49 am      Reply with quote
Hi Maria,

I don't have "elevens" ... I just have kind of a massive "one" as a result of a lifetime of scowling.

Like you the DermaExcel helped some ... but not a lot.

Recently I have been using tape. I use ordinary "first aid" tape ... the kind for sensitive skin that's also "invisible". It doesn't leave any adhesive after removal ... and despite only doing this for a few days, it does seem to help!

Apparently, those of us who scowl/frown, also do this while sleeping ... and this is supposed to help "retrain" those muscles during sleep.

My biggest problem with this is remembering to put the tape on at night ... but I can see how, if one used it continuously for a month or so, one would see a marked improvement.

I don't think that line will ever go away ... but it has certainly helped mine be less pronounced ... and this effect seems to last, so far, all day.

I have also used a small piece of tape on one of the more severe "above the mouth" lines that really bothers me ... and it's worked there too to reduce the severity of that line ... along with using those "severe wrinkle" serums during the day.

While I regard this taping bit as an experiment, it's an inexpensive one with the tape costing me about $1 ... and if it continues to improve those two areas, it's certainly worth the effort! Very Happy

HTH

Mary

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 15, 2006 5:55 am      Reply with quote
hpjrt wrote:
Hi Maria,

I don't have "elevens" ... I just have kind of a massive "one" as a result of a lifetime of scowling.

Like you the DermaExcel helped some ... but not a lot.

Recently I have been using tape. I use ordinary "first aid" tape ... the kind for sensitive skin that's also "invisible". It doesn't leave any adhesive after removal ... and despite only doing this for a few days, it does seem to help!

Apparently, those of us who scowl/frown, also do this while sleeping ... and this is supposed to help "retrain" those muscles during sleep.

My biggest problem with this is remembering to put the tape on at night ... but I can see how, if one used it continuously for a month or so, one would see a marked improvement.

I don't think that line will ever go away ... but it has certainly helped mine be less pronounced ... and this effect seems to last, so far, all day.

I have also used a small piece of tape on one of the more severe "above the mouth" lines that really bothers me ... and it's worked there too to reduce the severity of that line ... along with using those "severe wrinkle" serums during the day.

While I regard this taping bit as an experiment, it's an inexpensive one with the tape costing me about $1 ... and if it continues to improve those two areas, it's certainly worth the effort! Very Happy

HTH

Mary

Mary,
very interesting. Do you put the tape directly on the line, or do you put smaller pieces of tape across it???
thanks,
Chris

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 15, 2006 7:18 am      Reply with quote
Hi Chrissie,

I just put one piece of tape ... about 1" long and the tape is 1/2" wide ... along the length of my "scowl line" ... and then I rub the tape so that it is really stuck! Laughing

The same goes for the severe above the lip line ... although the length of the tape I use there is much shorter.

Now ... I don't know if this is the "right" way to do this ... it's just the way I've done it. Laughing I never thought of putting smaller pieces of tape across the line! Confused

However, given the 1/2" width of the tape, I do find that the muscles are prevented from creasing there. Now it could end up that instead of one severe scowl line ... I'll end up with two lines on either side of the tape ... Laughing [Let's hope not!] ] Crying or Very sad

I figure that the tape permits the "anti wrinkle" stuff to do its stuff without impediment! Laughing

Mary

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 15, 2006 8:06 am      Reply with quote
I use Frownies for lines on my forehead. I tried tape first, but it was too flexible. Frownies are tougher. I guess you could try the same with construction paper and some glue, but I wouldn't know what kind of glue to use safely Smile Anyway, they have been so good for me, won't be without them!

I wear them 4-5 days then rest 2-3 days (not that they're hard to wear, I just get lazy sometimes). You're supposed to wear them 30 days in a row at first, then on a as-needed basis. I've never gone 30 days straight, I think the longest run was 12 days or so and it still made a huge difference.
pumaka
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 15, 2006 8:15 am      Reply with quote
By the way, they're really inexpensive, and come in different shapes for using on forehead, for crow's feet, etc. I just use one set of shapes everywhere as I need them. They cost $25 for 144 pcs here in Canada and I know that you can get them for less than that in the States (of course!)
cbrooke
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 15, 2006 9:34 am      Reply with quote
I am having the same problem Rolling Eyes especially after being out in the sun (even with my shades on Cool ) I frown and squint so much the lines are getting more pronounced and deeper and take longer to relax out...may have to resort to Botox before they become permanent Shock
Chrissie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 15, 2006 10:21 am      Reply with quote
hpjrt wrote:
Hi Chrissie,

I just put one piece of tape ... about 1" long and the tape is 1/2" wide ... along the length of my "scowl line" ... and then I rub the tape so that it is really stuck! Laughing

The same goes for the severe above the lip line ... although the length of the tape I use there is much shorter.

Now ... I don't know if this is the "right" way to do this ... it's just the way I've done it. Laughing I never thought of putting smaller pieces of tape across the line! Confused

However, given the 1/2" width of the tape, I do find that the muscles are prevented from creasing there. Now it could end up that instead of one severe scowl line ... I'll end up with two lines on either side of the tape ... Laughing [Let's hope not!] ] Crying or Very sad

I figure that the tape permits the "anti wrinkle" stuff to do its stuff without impediment! Laughing

Mary

you guys that are taping your faces at night.....do you sleep alone???? Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 15, 2006 12:07 pm      Reply with quote
Chrissie,
Frownies are flesh-colored and don't really stand out. My husband just made a funny remark when he first saw it on my face, and sometimes still raises his eyebrows just to tease me but I know for a fact it doesn't bother him at all. I think it might depend on your SO. Mine just says "you look great anyway, but if it makes you feel better do it" Smile

In my opinion masks look way worse.
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:41 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |