Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

MINTY BODYWASH YOU WILL NOT BELIEVE
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
chunlisa
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 12, 2004 11:07 am      Reply with quote
You know, I can almost predict that Mabsy will be the first to read this thread due to the word "MINTY" in it.

So after trying many different body washes, including the Tea Tree Mint Bar Soap by Paul Mitchell, I finally splurged on the Original Source products atwww.originalsource.co.uk. The products themselves are not that expensive (like $3-$4 US) BUT I pay more for shipping than I do on the product because they ship from the UK. ANYWAY, I read a lot of great reviews on their mint body washes so I couldn't resist . . .

AND I AM SO GLAD I DID IT. Overall, the products are cheap anyway so adding in the shipping just makes the products about double their price, which is still relatively inexpensive compared to what we pay for our facial products ha ha ha.

So I love the Tea Tree & Mint Moisturizing Body Wash as well as Tea Tree & Mint Shower Gel. Both have the same effect: Put a little bit on a loofah or sponge and lather away. At first, I thought I wouldn't get a "tingly" minty sensation since the shower water is running and washes away the product as I apply it -- NO NO, MY FRIEND . . . the tingly sensation is THERE no matter what. I thought I had to leave it on for a few minutes -- but you don't have to (if you do, you will be very very COLD because of the tingle).

Overall, I am SO glad I found this product. It moisturizes and leaves that minty cool feeling . . . it's WONDERFUL. It's not recommended for winter weathers, though, since it'll leave you feeling cold but I bet it'll be SO soothing in hot summer heat.

Again, it's a bit pricey in terms of shipping but just think of it as an increase in the price of the product and you won't feel as bad. It really is a great product and the company makes a WHOLE bunch of other products as well. It's too bad I don't work for the company so I can earn commission . . . but it's really too great of a product to go unnoticed.

Lisa Very Happy
summertimegirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 12, 2004 4:27 pm      Reply with quote
Quote:
Originally posted by chunlisa

Overall, I am SO glad I found this product. It moisturizes and leaves that minty cool feeling . . . it's WONDERFUL. It's not recommended for winter weathers, though, since it'll leave you feeling cold but I bet it'll be SO soothing in hot summer heat.

Thanks Lisa!! and just in time as we're in the thick-and-sticky of an Aussie summer!!

I've just joined the Minty Mile High club as well since being inducted by Presidents Chunlisa and Mabsy.Very Happy so any reviews that has Mint and Soothe and COLD in it, you can bet I will be honing in to check it out. Minty body scrub, followed by a minty body wash-- how FRESH can a girl feel when she steps out of the shower!! Wink

I love body washes since soap is a thing of the past for me, and I'll be putting this one on my wish-list to get....speaking of WISH!! Mad I wish ALL the products that you guys reviewed were sold in the one place-- you know, like a One-Stop shopping place for products you are dying to try. That would be Product Heaven-- I know I'm a bit of a dreamer but wouldn't that be great?! I've got to zip over to the originalsource.co.uk. shop for this Minty bodywash then over to sephora.com for the Fresh mascara that Thoughtcrime reviewed.. :P:P

Were there any other products from Original Source that you've tried or tempted to try??

Summertimegirl Wink
chunlisa
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 12, 2004 7:21 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Summertime girl!

Welcome to the Minty Club Smile Where membership is free as long as you love tea tree . . . okay, sorry sorry. Didn't get enough sleep last night, I'm kind of going insane Smile

As for what other products I've tried: Since shipping is so expensive, I bought a TON of stuff -- including their shampoos, other body washes, facial scrubs, etc. They have SO many things (not just minty stuff either) and I bet it all smells and feels wonderful. So just look through their website and see what intrigues you -- but of course, PLEASE let us know how things work out. I wish I could have a sample of all their stuff but clearly that's impossible.

Enjoy!!!!!!
Lisa
Mabsy

Mon Jan 12, 2004 8:29 pm      Reply with quote
I want I want! I just had a look at the website and I could have sworn that I've seen these products in Australia Surprised At least the shampoos anyway, not sure about the rest of the range. If only I could remember where that was!

I've got to do some snooping and see if I can find it here... Thanks for a great review Lisa, always happy to try something minty Very Happy
thoughtcrime
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 12, 2004 9:00 pm      Reply with quote
WSurprisedW Lisa, sounds awesome! I love tea tree oil! Do they have a tea tree lotion? Ever since Mabsy mentioned tea tree oil lotion after waxing, I've been wanting to try it.

Mabsy, so it's safe to put tea tree oil lotion in your bikini area? I'm real sensitive in that area, so I have to be real careful what I use. Wink
Mabsy

Mon Jan 12, 2004 9:03 pm      Reply with quote
Quote:
Originally posted by thoughtcrime
Mabsy, so it's safe to put tea tree oil lotion in your bikini area? I'm real sensitive in that area, so I have to be real careful what I use. Wink

Well, I do it all the time and it doesn't bother me. It actually feels very nice because it's cool and soothing. I always thought that applying tea tree oil lotion would sting but it turns out that it's quite the opposite.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:23 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |