Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Frownies
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
belledivine67
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 02, 2006 7:53 am      Reply with quote
Has anybody used this product? I broke down and ordered the forehead and eye versions from drugstore.com. Each box was only $12.00.

I surfed for reviews regarding this product and they seem to be overwhelmingly effective.

I guess if they do not work, the investment is small.....especially compared to my arsenal of topicals.
phredd4
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 02, 2006 8:05 am      Reply with quote
I have two different sets of these (forehead and crows feet)too, but have never used them. I'll try to remember to look for them tonight and try them.

-Cheri
Candy8865
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 02, 2006 8:11 am      Reply with quote
I have been using them for about a month now. Of course again because of this Forum lol. It has helped tremendously with my 11's. I have the ones for the eye and mouth area, find it difficult to get them to stick initally. This is a definite re-purchase for me.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 02, 2006 8:29 am      Reply with quote
Well originally I had two moderately deep lines in my forehead and started off using surgical and scotch tape. The surgical tape worked well but the adhesive was too strong and hurt when I took it off and left a sticky residue. The scotch tape worked well as well but when I asked the company if that was safe to use on my skin everyday and they said they didn't recommend it...I assumed from that statement, they meant it wasn't "safe".

So I bought the Frownies since they are designed for that and between using the tape and now the Frownies for two weeks, my forehead lines are almost invisible now. My husband even commented yesterday that he sees NO lines now and my forehead looks smooth. So I definitely think they are worth it because after a few nites of wearing them, you feel compelled not to move your forehead as much and that is what helps....occasionally I accidently out of suprise move it, but I'm getting better. I do have a little bit of trouble getting the Frownies off even in the shower, have to peel them off....other people seem to have trouble getting them to stick, so I must be one of the unusual cases like always....
seabliss
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 03, 2006 4:17 pm      Reply with quote
I use Frownies whenever I can't afford another round of Botox. I prefer Botox for sure, but Frownies do help. To get them to stick, you wet your finger under running water, then brush your finger across the sticky side of the Frownie. Apply it to your dry forehead and press down. To remove, hold a warm washcloth on the Frownie for about 1 minute, until the Frownie comes off easily. If you don't wait until it comes off easily, you may end up with discolored skin on your forehead after a while. At least that's what happened to me.

I don't recommend them for anything below the eyes, because they could pull the delicate skin. But they do help hold off the 11s! Smile
MelissaMarie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 03, 2006 5:39 pm      Reply with quote
my mother in law used scotch tape forever, and at 80 still had an extremely lineless forhead Brick wall , but from what I learned from her it had to be scotch MAGIC tape, no other!!! so maybe the glue in that is fine, she had absolutely no problem and she was doing it for years on end.
c4ward
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 01, 2007 6:05 pm      Reply with quote
I'm reviving this thread to see if anyone else uses Frownies? Lately, I've been drawn to them. I just wonder if I'm going off on some skincare tangent.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 01, 2007 8:38 pm      Reply with quote
Frownies do work, but the problem for me (and why I don't use them all the time) is that they have to be applied to perfectly dry skin. They won't stick if you have any product on. This means I can't use any other treatments on my forehead if I want to use Frownies ... and I want to use my DMAE or C serum or AHA or retinoids ... all those other goodies I rotate ... either I get to use those or the sticky tape, but not both.

5% products discount

Sun Mar 04, 2007 9:16 am      Reply with quote
Metaphora wrote:
Frownies do work, but the problem for me (and why I don't use them all the time) is that they have to be applied to perfectly dry skin. They won't stick if you have any product on. This means I can't use any other treatments on my forehead if I want to use Frownies ... and I want to use my DMAE or C serum or AHA or retinoids ... all those other goodies I rotate ... either I get to use those or the sticky tape, but not both.

I was JUST going to ask this question! I wonder if I use the tape for a few nights to get started, than every other night in between using retinoids and C, etc. if that would help me build 'muscle memory' to not squint or knit my brows together? I have 11s between my eyebrows. I've noticed that in my sleep, I sometimes knit my brows together, maybe while I'm dreaming and wake up with deeper 11s.

When I had sinus surgury last year (NOT a fun experience but stopped my constant sinus infections!) I had my face taped for about 10 days. During that time, of course, I couldn't move my eyebrows or squint. When they removed the tape and splint, I was amazed that my 11s were GONE. That made me wonder about using frownies, but just never had. I think I will start with the tape to see if I can stand it. Thanks for bringing this up!
Olivia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 04, 2007 5:30 pm      Reply with quote
I cant comment on the long term effects because every time I used them I got really bad headaches.
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 04, 2007 6:58 pm      Reply with quote
frownies on eyes?you mean crows feet?Tell me about that-thats the only place I have wrinkles now.
Bosoxy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 04, 2007 11:22 pm      Reply with quote
Although I have never used these myself, I have also never heard a bad review of frownies.

While some people do not care to keep up with them for various reasons, everyone I have spoke with has said that they do work.

Take care.
Bosoxy.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 05, 2007 12:00 pm      Reply with quote
I used the Frownies one night & they really did erase my smile lines. I just don't think I can do it on a regular basis with all my other skincare routine.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 05, 2007 1:46 pm      Reply with quote
I am so tempted but I am not going to give in to temptation yet Rolling Eyes

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 05, 2007 3:42 pm      Reply with quote
loopylori wrote:
I am so tempted but I am not going to give in to temptation yet Rolling Eyes

Aw, man, temptation's fanastic. I'd highly recommend it.
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 05, 2007 6:47 pm      Reply with quote
so does that mean you cant do your skin routine at night or do you just wait for it to sink in and then maybe blot your skin with blotting paper?
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 05, 2007 7:22 pm      Reply with quote
I ordered a bunch- they are really cheap,way cheaper than botox! Also no down time. I cant wait to try these.
montrealgal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 05, 2007 8:25 pm      Reply with quote
Hi belledivine,

Only $12? That is a great deal. I paid $30Cdn + taxes for a box a couple of years ago! Prices are sooo much more expensive up here!

I bought the one for the laugh lines. I used them for about 2 weeks. They did help, but I found them difficult to position and not always comfortable to sleep in, since I usually sleep on my side. You probably won't have these problems with the ones you use for the forehead.

Anyone using them, I suggest you do wet thoroughly until they practically become unstuck on their own. I broke a cap pulling one off one time.

I'm using the Facial Flex now for my laugh lines. I'm happy with the results and it's much cheaper in the long run (especially with the price up here!).

Good luck!

montrealgal
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 06, 2007 4:17 am      Reply with quote
lucyluc wrote:
so does that mean you cant do your skin routine at night or do you just wait for it to sink in and then maybe blot your skin with blotting paper?

Haven't used them myself, but I'd imagine they'd need to be used on clean, clear of residue skin. I wonder, however, if some actives might be possible, as some of them do indeed sink in really well and leave your skin feeling bare?
schang
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 06, 2007 7:18 am      Reply with quote
I bought the forehead ones months ago and forgot about them. Now I have to hunt them down and try them!
joani.sp
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 06, 2007 7:25 am      Reply with quote
Okay, dumb question...but don't they look really silly on Exclamation ?

Also, Olivia, I'm wondering about your headaches? Was it the pulling action of the little sticky things?

Since I get regular migraines I'm concerned about looking silly AND having a headache!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 06, 2007 7:58 am      Reply with quote
if you have a bed partner you will have to let him go to bed first, them climb into bed later and let him get up first or you get up first and take the frownies off.I dont think I want my husband to see me in those, hes gonna think"NOW what is she up to!" I wonder if you could wear them during the day when I am home alone.....
lefemme
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 06, 2007 8:51 am      Reply with quote
Ok you guys--is it hard taking the frownies off? Do you have to really tug and stretch your skin to get them off? I read once that the adhesive and the pulling off is bad for the skin. Oh too bad, I think I'll go buy some from drugstore.com. Was going to order them last week, but didn't. You ladies now have me convinced!
Aryana

Tue Mar 06, 2007 9:56 am      Reply with quote
i tried the frownies for a while but found them to be extremely uncomfortable...even work up a few times and had to pry them off in the middle of the night! they are not the easiest things to remove, even if you do it when you are totally awake in the morning........i like the idea of trying scotch magic tape, however. i keep up with my botox, however, and as we all know, it is the best for those forehead lines and the ones between our eyebrows.
aryana
Metaphora
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 06, 2007 10:23 am      Reply with quote
majorb wrote:
lucyluc wrote:

Haven't used them myself, but I'd imagine they'd need to be used on clean, clear of residue skin. I wonder, however, if some actives might be possible, as some of them do indeed sink in really well and leave your skin feeling bare?

In my personal experience, even letting actives sink in really well and using blot paper wasn't enough ... my skin needed to be *dry* or the Frownies just wouldn't stick. Even natural skin oils made them not want to stick!

Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:10 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |