Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

How About Laugh Lines
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
MACrisis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 02, 2006 1:31 pm      Reply with quote
Ok, we had members asked help for fine lines, puffy eyes, dark circle, milias.......... How about laugh lines? I have very deep laugh lines and they are getting deeper and deeper and deeper and.......

HELP!!!!!!!

Thu Mar 02, 2006 1:40 pm      Reply with quote
Remember: even the best skincare can only do so much, and then sometimes, it's best to look cosmetic treatment! You have A LOT of great skincare, and thuogh effective for treatments, prevention, and protection, there is no Miracle in a Bottle. You know this to be true, and we've discussed this before.

Restylane injections are one of the newest forms of treatment in the U.S., though they have been available internationally for quite some time.

Quite simply, these are hyaluronic acid injections into the effected area(s), which result in immediate results. I saw two audience members on Oprah have this done, and it was incredible! Shock

As I've previously told you, we do not offer this service, and if you're interested in finding out more information, again, I suggest checking with your doctor or a local clinic. Here is the link for which you may read more about Restylane: http://www.restylane.com/

Perhaps some of our Forum members have had these injections, or know of others who have. If so, please share some of your opinions, as I do not have the answers that MACrisis seeks.[/i]
hpjrt
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 02, 2006 2:02 pm      Reply with quote
I'm afraid that I don't have an answer for MACrisis either ... and I suppose I'm lucky. I'm 55 years old this year ... and while I can't claim to have an "unlined" face ... my lines are pretty tame compared to my cousin who is only 2 years older than me. Very Happy

Actually I never noticed the lines on my face ... until OCM cleared my skin enough so that I could actually focus on the other flaws! Laughing

It came as a bit of a shock, frankly. Smile Good skin care has helped with the fine lines ... along with tretenoin, salicylic acid and OCM.

As for the laugh lines ... are you talking about the ones around your eyes or around your mouth?

If I can't erase my laugh lines ... it wouldn't bother me too much. At least they illustrate that I have laughed! Laughing

I have had some great success with AlphaDerma's Excel 7 ... I'm still using the very generous sample that I was lucky enough to receive ... and it really does help lessen the depth of the stubborn, deep lines.

I don't know if any of the foregoing helps you ... but depending upon your age and your skin type, unless you have the funds for costmetic treatments [and boy would I love to try those hyaluronic acid injections ... Wink ] ... you can only do so much! We're all in the same boat! Rolling Eyes

Mary

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 02, 2006 3:11 pm      Reply with quote
Caspers Mum: Yes, we've discussed this before but..... I always feel I'll be the 1/1,000,000 unlucky one who gets the bad result from any kind of injection or surgery. And I was told you'll get addicted to it. First maybe my laugh lines and then my wrinkles, and then my puffy eyes, and then......... I really try to avoid any of those if I could. Yes, I know there's no miracle and I have to pay for last 46 years not taking care of my skin. I guess I just like to whine and find execuses to buy more skin care products!!!!!

Mary: If you see my laugh lines (around my mouth) you'll stop laughing from now on!!! Actually I don't think my laugh lines are from laughing, well, maybe some but not much. I have a very bad habit since I was young (around 12). I chew the skin inside of my mouth when I am nervous. I still do it now. It's sub-conscious. I stop whenever I realized I'm doing it but it's really hard. I'm opposite from you, after OCM, all of my lines looked much softer. BTW, thank you very much for posting OCM and explained it so clear. Now my husband my in-laws, and lots of my friends are doint it.

Cheryl

5% products discount

Thu Mar 02, 2006 4:41 pm      Reply with quote
Lol, my very first post here was about me panicking about having laugh lines at the ripe old age of 24. I've always had a round face, and a couple weeks of stress, poor eating habits and overactivity melted away my baby round cheeks and made me go from looking like a teenager to a hag.

Anyway I improved my eating habits, bought a good antioxidant ointment and began drinking a truckload of water every day, and the laugh lines eased up within a few months. Are the laugh lines from stress or weight loss perchance? Because in the event they are they can be remedied?
Mabsy

Fri Mar 03, 2006 6:22 am      Reply with quote
Wow - I think I might like to hear about this impressive collection you have going MACrisis Smile Though perhaps that might be dangerous in that it will make me want to buy more Embarassed

I do agree with what has been said here, there is only so much that skincare can do. And if you are not prepared to have any more invasive procedures then you just need to pick a good product and have faith that it works, and stick with it. I don't really know what you have already but my suggestion would be a vitamin C serum, perhaps retinol (actually, EmerginC makes a serum that has both vit C and retinol in it - I haven't tried it though and I don't think that the type of vit C in it is that impressive), or some sort of argireline product (like Alphaderma CE - that seems to work well for my mum). Other than that, I think you have to have preventative measures - mainly sunblock. Of course, good diet and making sure that you have plenty of water will also have an impact. HTH

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 03, 2006 7:13 am      Reply with quote
I have heard about something call "thread lift". They put a thread to lift your cheek.......may be by doing this, the laugh lines might be less noticable - and less invasive. R

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 03, 2006 7:47 am      Reply with quote
MACrisis- I did the very same thing (chewing the inside of my lip) and had the lines. I have since stopped but the damage was done. I had restyline injections (just a 1/2 syringe did it all) in the marionette lines beside my mouth and labial lines down my nose. Night and day! They weren't extremely bad yet, so it was an easier fix now to help them from getting worse. I also use the TNS Skinmedica on the lines (which was my dr.s recommendation to help). He also said retinol helps in reducing the lines after the injections retrains the skin. Plus with the IS Clinical proheal in the AM and Active and Friming in the PM now, I am seeing great results. I also drink 10-12 glasses of water with lemon and cucumber slices in them (keep a pitcher in the fridge), plus my tonic and vitamins, yoga and body sculpting and my outlook changed. After my hysterectomy my skin started looking bad in a hurry and I felt fatter and out of sorts. I feel better than I have in years and stopped the worry chewing. The injections were way worth it! My dr. also mentioned the threadlift but said that I didn't need it yet. He has to have something to sell me in a few years.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 03, 2006 1:04 pm      Reply with quote
Thank all of you who gave me suggestions. I really appreciate it.

I'm a vegetarian, doing yoga 4 times a week, drinking more than 8 glasses of water every day. I don't smoke, I don't drink, I rarely drink soda, I always drink warm water or very light tea. I go to bed before 11:00 pm most of the time. I think I have a very healthy life style. Too healthy, some of my friends said it's boring.

I believe most of my skin problem is from sun damage. When I was young there's no such thing as sunscreen where I grew up. I enjoyed outdoor activities so much. I played tennis, went to beach...... I think I began to wear sunscreen less then 10 years ago. I did not wear hat under the sun at all. I had some small sun spots about 3 years ago and my daughter said "Mom your freckles are cute!!" I did not really pay any attention to it. The 1st item I realized I should do something was 2 years ago, after vacation back from Tahiti. I had mustache. I don't know if it's sun spot or not, it looked like mustache. One day my husband told me "You looked really cute with mustache!!" I almost killed him.

I just don't have the nerve to try any injection for now. Maybe it's not bad enough to convince myself to do it yet.

Fri Mar 03, 2006 8:08 pm      Reply with quote
MACrisis wrote:
I'm a vegetarian, doing yoga 4 times a week, drinking more than 8 glasses of water every day. I don't smoke, I don't drink, I rarely drink soda, I always drink warm water or very light tea. I go to bed before 11:00 pm most of the time. I think I have a very healthy life style. Too healthy, some of my friends said it's boring.

You make me feel *so* guilty Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 04, 2006 8:53 am      Reply with quote
Mine is mostly sun damage too. I never wore sunscreen as a child and had some very nasty burns. Now I wear it religously as does my son but you can't basically undo it, just make it better I think. I wish I knew how other than IPL's, good products and lots of water with a healthy lifestyle. I go to the derm faithfully for my skin check every year, but my mom has had lots of little cancers removed so I am always in fear.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 05, 2006 7:02 pm      Reply with quote
I have a problem with my laugh lines, too.

These are the most prominent problem for me (I'm 25). I first noticed them around my eyes when I was about 23 and they've only deepened. Honestly, nothing I do seems to help a lick with these things. I don't see how anything can really help as I have no choice but to continue to make facial expressions.

I really, really don't want to resort to any surgical options now or anytime in the future, but frankly, these things suck. Confused

Seriously, no one here has a surefire way of improving laugh lines?
sharky
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 06, 2006 2:22 pm      Reply with quote
I have seriously reduced my laugh lines to having only about 1/2" on one side. The improvement took 2 years and a large combo of products.
Diet, water, face exercises plus vit C serum, Glycolic spot peels, O2 rescue serum and copper peptides after peels, Tazorac, Matrixyl 3000 every day in my skin cream and now Epidermix.
I have also started to spot treat with an IGF/EGF mix (I do not use growth factors or the heavy peels all over my face and once I achieve what I want I'll do them infrequently. Heavy turnover is not good longterm esp if you only have a limited # of turnovers!) I've been very pleased with the results but it has been over a long time. Still I'm 51 so good improvement over these 2 years is great.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:38 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |