Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Favourite Microdermabrasion product?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
gottaHAVEitALL
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 02, 2006 2:46 pm      Reply with quote
I've tried Neo Strata's Microdermabrasion kit (comes with cleanser, scrub, activator and night cream) for $60 and am somewhat impressed with it.

One I'd really like to try is the Lancôme Vitamin C Resurface kit. Anyone tried it?

Any other favourite microdermabrasion products out there?

I've heard Dr. Brandt's Microdermabrasion in a jar is quite good...
TAMgirl99
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 02, 2006 7:22 pm      Reply with quote
I really like the Oil of Olay regenerist 2-step kit. It was the best of the three I have tried (Mary Kay and Loreal). However, I don't use it as much now that I'm on a retinol product since it tends to over do it a bit. It does help to give a nice glow though!
ErinChristine
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 02, 2006 8:03 pm      Reply with quote
Right now I am using Neutrogena MicroDerm kit. I am pleased with it so far. I do want to try Susan Lucci's Youthful Essence since I have heard good reviews about it.
Chrissie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 02, 2006 8:13 pm      Reply with quote
I've tried Estee Lauder Idealist Micro-D, but proably won't repurchase, because I found and love Epidermx!!!

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 02, 2006 9:13 pm      Reply with quote
I've used Avon's Micro Exfoliant, Oil of Olay 2 step kit, and my own homemade honey & aspirin. I saw no difference in the end result, but Olay's was the most fun to use...smelled the best, too Very Happy
athena
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 03, 2006 12:20 pm      Reply with quote
I like Epidermx microdermarbrasion the best. Plus it's not expensive from goldportbeauty. I'm off to ordering my 2nd jar now. Very Happy
roadtonowhere
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 03, 2006 4:51 pm      Reply with quote
I have been using dr brandt's microdermabrasion in a jar twice a week for about 6 months. It is pretty good. The little scrubby thingy is gentle on my skin. It leaves my skin fels smooth (even my husband thinks so). It is a little expensive, but I only need very little every usage, so it lasts a while. In fact, I am still on my first jar.
Candy8865
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 03, 2006 5:09 pm      Reply with quote
Another vote for the Epidermx. I did like the Oil of Olay, but didn't really seem to do too much for me, and I've been a Oil of Olay girl for 20 yrs!!

After my "initiation" with the Epidermx (wasn't pretty, all self induced, the directions were very clear) I have found the method that works best for my skin. I use it 2 days post peel. Tremendous results!

Hmmm, thanks for the reminder, lol - time to re-order!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 04, 2006 2:51 am      Reply with quote
Dermanew is good.. its the corundum crystals used with the sponge on the battery operated machine.. I find it makes my face exceptionally smooth.
Don't mind Estee Lauder's Idealist MicroD either! I quite like ths momentary heat sensation..not sure that does anything but it's nice and leaves your face looking much better! Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 05, 2006 5:58 am      Reply with quote
roadtonowhere wrote:
I have been using dr brandt's microdermabrasion in a jar twice a week for about 6 months. It is pretty good. The little scrubby thingy is gentle on my skin. It leaves my skin fels smooth (even my husband thinks so). It is a little expensive, but I only need very little every usage, so it lasts a while. In fact, I am still on my first jar.

Thanks for the review, roadtonowhere Smile ! I had heard that it was quite good.

Have you tried anything else from Dr. Brandt's line? If so, what are you impressions of his other products?
Kimmy
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 24, 2006 10:21 am      Reply with quote
I just saw the infomercial for the youthful essence microderm kit, and it looked pretty good. Has anyone tried it out?

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 14, 2006 10:56 am      Reply with quote
I've been wanting to try Youthful Essence also. They currently have a two pack sale on HSN.com for $59.95.
Moonstarr
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 14, 2006 11:04 am      Reply with quote
I had been using the Neostrata kit which I really liked, but then because I'm always wanting to try something new Very Happy, I purchased the Olay 2 step kit. I think on me that it works nearly as well. I think when I'm done though I will return to the Neostrata kit for it's slightly better results.
Yen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 14, 2006 11:09 am      Reply with quote
I was using Chealsea's Diamond Dermabrasion set before (got it from the Shopping Channel). It was pretty good and evened out the skintone on my forehead (my forehead is darker than the rest of my face). They don't carry it on the Shopping Channel anymore and I can't find that line on the internet. Makes me wonder if they've gone out of business.
Yen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 14, 2006 11:10 am      Reply with quote
Moonstarr wrote:
I had been using the Neostrata kit which I really liked, but then because I'm always wanting to try something new Very Happy, I purchased the Olay 2 step kit. I think on me that it works nearly as well. I think when I'm done though I will return to the Neostrata kit for it's slightly better results.

Have you tried the L'Oreal Microdermabrasion set? I've been wondering if that kit is any good.
Moonstarr
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 14, 2006 11:24 am      Reply with quote
I haven't tried the Loreal kit myself, but I think I remember reading reviews that were favourable. The only thing I don't like about the Loreal kit is that it looks like it comes with it's own post-treatment moisturizer and I have my own I like.
Yen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 14, 2006 11:30 am      Reply with quote
Moonstarr wrote:
I haven't tried the Loreal kit myself, but I think I remember reading reviews that were favourable. The only thing I don't like about the Loreal kit is that it looks like it comes with it's own post-treatment moisturizer and I have my own I like.

I will let you know once I try it. I got a free kit from a beauty expo. I just wanted to see how the reviews were before I tested it on myself.
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 14, 2006 5:20 pm      Reply with quote
I tried the Origins one and it was awful. When I used microdermabrasion I was faithful to Epidermx.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 14, 2006 7:52 pm      Reply with quote
Now I'm intrigued by Epidermx (among a bunch of other things Laughing ). Where can I get it?
roadtonowhere
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 14, 2006 8:09 pm      Reply with quote
Yen wrote:
Now I'm intrigued by Epidermx (among a bunch of other things Laughing ). Where can I get it?

you can get epidermx at http://www.goldportbeauty.com/
Yen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 14, 2006 8:09 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks! Very Happy
violetanne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 14, 2006 10:58 pm      Reply with quote
I used the Philosophy microdelivery peel (vitamin C crystals, then salicylic gel activator) once a week for a month (got a lot of samples with an order), and it always left my skin very soft and bright. I wouldn't purchase it because I don't so much need to use a product like this on a regular basis. Not yet, anyway!
mimiek
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 16, 2006 10:07 am      Reply with quote
I buy microdermabrasion crystals from ebay and mix them with my facial wash some times I just wet my face with water and then put some crystals and gently massage my face in circular motions.

It's working great, my face feels very smooth and it's very very cheap and lasts for a long time.
Yen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 16, 2006 3:25 pm      Reply with quote
mimiek wrote:
I buy microdermabrasion crystals from ebay and mix them with my facial wash some times I just wet my face with water and then put some crystals and gently massage my face in circular motions.

It's working great, my face feels very smooth and it's very very cheap and lasts for a long time.

The crystals don't feel rough?
makeupfiend
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 16, 2006 3:33 pm      Reply with quote
I use Origin's Modern Friction and although I wouldn't consider it a complete dermabrasion, it definitely leaves your skin super smooth. It is really good for getting rid of those random dry skin flakies. It improved my skin tone alot and is very gentle at the same time.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:46 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |