Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Biomedic Micropeel Plus **Worst**
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
kalsarao
5% products discount

Sun Mar 05, 2006 5:18 pm      Reply with quote
Hi,

I am 27/ South Asian Male, with Dark Skin. I got Sundamaged skin and One Bad Day i decided to go for a Biomedic Micropeel Plus 30, At Home treatment. Thought to save some moeny and Bought it on EBay for 40 Bucks.

I did lot of research On interent before use. and most of most reviews say its Safe.

One Saturday Evening, Decided to use the Peel.
And the whole procedure went smooth for 15 Min. I washed the Peel with water and applied the Cream give in the the Box.

After 30 Min still had Pain, after 1 Hr skin turned little Bit Black, After 3 Hrs Lot of Dis Coloration , Now its almonst more than Day. I look like a complete Freak Now.

Man, i rather prefer like before with Sun Damage. I have a 2nd Date with a Great Gal next week. I feel the whole world is falling down.

I have Dermatlogist appointment tommorow. I will post back again.

I am S/W Consulatant get paid a lot. I got to take off the next week Sad

Its not worth Please think 100 times before you use this
Chrissie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 05, 2006 6:03 pm      Reply with quote
I've never heard of this product so I googled it. One site said For approximately one week after the procedure your skin will undergo the MicroPeel® Plus renewal process of losing dead outer layer skin. if you followed the directions just as they were stated, this probably what is happening to you. You're face should peel, then start looking better. I'd probably still go to the dr, and get their opionion. Good luck!!

5% products discount

Sun Mar 05, 2006 8:50 pm      Reply with quote
This is supposed to be No Down Time Peel. So, I thought its going to be Safe with No Burns.

I am going meet Dermatalogist tommorow. Lets see Sad
svunt1
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 05, 2006 9:41 pm      Reply with quote
Sorry to hear Sad wishing your skin a speedy recovery.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 06, 2006 3:21 pm      Reply with quote
What did the doctor say?
kalsarao
5% products discount

Mon Mar 06, 2006 3:53 pm      Reply with quote
I didnt got chnace to meet doctor, The Lady at Office met me with Technician.

I got a mixed answer from him. At first he sacred me saying i need 6 months treatment and later he said the tissue on skin was just burned and will be Okay after Skin Peeld off.

And gave me a SPF45 sonblocker.

I have appointmnet with Another Dermotiligist tommorow. Will Post back again. Wish me good luck Sad
Jala
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 06, 2006 9:12 pm      Reply with quote
Oh gosh...good luck! Just wondering if PSF O2 spray would help with this?? Just a thought..
kalsarao
5% products discount

Tue Mar 07, 2006 10:44 am      Reply with quote
I went to Dermatalogist today.

He said i did too much to my Face, too much as Home peel. Said Its not safe to use any Chemcial Peel at Home. My face should be Okay in another week. Skin started peeling off just now. He gave me bunch of medicine to keep me safe from Infections.

Also said there is No Long Run damage, Thank god, But dont know if there will be any Cosmotic damage.

I say its not worth. I did search on Chemical peel on this Forum before i applied. Didnt find any posts. Please take me as role, and DO NOT experiment at Home.

I bought this on Ebay, and there are lot of sellers on Ebay for TCA Peels (Gosh selling 100%). Those are not worth to use and Dangarous.
LandB
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 07, 2006 10:50 am      Reply with quote
But what did he say about improving your sun damage in general, once the effect of the peel heals? More peels (by the doctor, of course) or laser facials? Just curious, because that was your original inquiry and it's sad that you've been derailed by the peel crisis.

Good luck!

5% products discount

Tue Mar 07, 2006 10:58 am      Reply with quote
I didnt ask about that. because i am more concerned about getting recovered.

I see the skin below my peeled off Skin in my Actual skin color. And there is some Un Even Burns on the Face, so, dont know what the result till i recover.

Another Peel , even with Doctor, No way. If there is un even pigmentation, I will try to go in other way, even if it takes time.
kalsarao
5% products discount

Tue Mar 07, 2006 11:10 am      Reply with quote
Oh, I also figure out what went wrong, after a little chat with Doctor.

I applied in more concentration at middle of Face and Kept it for more time on Face, Than Forhead ( I remember, 1 min, while i was washing Forehead).

How the hell, Some one is going to Know the Volume of Acid with a Swab... I am a Bachelor in Sceince, Was with Acids before.

My Openion, Chemcial Peels at Home are not Safe.
LandB
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 07, 2006 1:49 pm      Reply with quote
Well, keep us posted on the condition of your skin after the peeling finishes and the healing begins.... There are plenty of other options for hyperpigmentation that might take longer and/or are more expensive, but won't be so tragic.

I've always had bad feelings about peels in general... something seems too drastic about them...

Anyway, try to get extra sleep during the peel/heal phase. Sleep is very restorative for the skin.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 07, 2006 7:56 pm      Reply with quote
I got burned by a Vitalize peel late last year. When she was applying it, it seemed she was heavy handed with the swabs around my chin, and seemed to forget about my forehead. The first day was okay, then on day 2, the skin on my chin and sides of my mouth got very dark. The skin was extremely tight, so tight that it hurt to even talk.

It did get better within a couple of days, but I was freaking out that I could have permanent damage from the peel. That's when I discovered this site, and I'm so glad I did. I've learned so much here!

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 07, 2006 8:24 pm      Reply with quote
I've never done this before but Your face should be fine soon. They do this home chemical peels at acne.com in the subforum for Scarring treatments. It definitely has great potential dangers if you don't know anything about it. you can get more advice and experience stories there. hope this helps..
Lifeplyr01
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 07, 2006 10:07 pm      Reply with quote
Sorry to hear about your experience with home chemical peels. I'm glad your doctor seems to think you will be ok--I know you must have felt sacred Sad

Is the BioMedic a TCA peel? TCA meaning Trichloric Acid or is it phenol based or something else? I'm just curious because I use a 55% lactic acid peel every so often on my face and never have had problems other than very, very slight peeling. I'd be scared to try anything higher though at home. Hang in there Exclamation Smile

5% products discount

Wed Mar 08, 2006 6:21 pm      Reply with quote
Its Salicylic Acid. i read TCA is more powerful and Phenol is more more...
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 09, 2006 9:09 am      Reply with quote
I'm very sorry to hear about your troubles, but I must disagree with you. It most certainly IS safe to do peels at home, provided you are scrupulous about following the directions.

From your post, it sounds like you may not have been absolutely clear and / or certain as to what the actual directions were and kind of improvised. Very bad idea.

I haven't done a glycolic acid peel since last year when I started using IS Clinical products. The only reason I stopped is that, with the IS Clinical, I no longer needed them. But, I was using a very high concentration peel that I purchased from Platinum skincare. I followed the instructions scrupulously and got excellent results. I also saved a small fortune.

I'm happy to hear that you didn't do any permanent damage to your skin. But, it would be a shame if your bad experience scared others off!
kalsarao
5% products discount

Fri Mar 10, 2006 1:24 pm      Reply with quote
I guess Over The counter Chemcial Peels May be Safe. But now I feel, at Home Peels, with chemcials not knowing the reaction on the Skin can be Dangarous.

I got better now, 50% of skin peeled off, No Cosmotic Damage either. I met my doc again today. He says i am in Good condition. Have to wait my forhead to peel off to check the result.

I just lost a week of work Smile.
warner_baby

Sat Mar 11, 2006 3:46 pm      Reply with quote
Hi,

I have had a history of glycolic peels and laser peels to treat acne scarring and enlarged pores. All of these professional treatments combined have cost me well over $5,000... but still for the price, I've achieved very lacklustre results.

Recently, I too just purchased the Micropeel Plus 30 from E-bay. I'm still waiting for the product to arrive... but in the meantime came across your post.

I just wanted to see how you are doing. As well, just interested in knowing how closely you followed the directions for this product? Is there a possibility you maybe left it on a little too long?

Has anyone else used this product? If so, I would be interested in hearing what your results were like?

As it stands, I want to be sure I am using a safe product, rather than ending up in a worse skin condition than I am now.
lola
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 14, 2006 12:33 am      Reply with quote
Hi Warner_baby,

I actually had a Biomedic Micropeel 25% done at the dermatologists office as my very first peel about a year ago. I have fair skin with lots of freckling (partially cause I'm a red head and the other because in high school I used to tan) and I wanted to reduce the freckling, control oiliness and maybe diminish the size of my pores. I just remember it really stinging like hell, eventhough I tried bracing myself after the esthetician told me it would sting, and I remember she left it on for only 4 mins. Also, I remember wanting to fan myself and she wouldn't let me for fear that the peel would penetrate deeper. Afterwards I was slightly red, as If i'd had a bad sunburn, and I started peeling around the second and third day. But in about a week I was fine. I loved the results, and have continued doing 30% glycolic peels at home that I've bought through platinumskincare.com. I do them every 2 months and I barely feel a sting, which tells me that the Biomedic was definitely stronger. I may go back in a few months and have another done at the Dr's office, I don't think I'd have the courage to do a Biomedic at home since I know it's going to sting. Smile

Hope this helps some,
Good luck.

Thu Apr 20, 2006 6:44 pm      Reply with quote
hi it's been a month since the first post and i was just wondering if you are ok after the peeling was over? i ask because i am going through the exact same thing as you did, i had the peel done yesterday at a medspa too! the first 2 times i did it, the doctor performed it, yesterday the nurse practicioner did it and i'm not sure if she did it wrong or what (she did fan me which the doctor didn't do before) but i now have this brown stain on my face (like a thin scab) and it's painful and tight. i think i have a burn. i went back to see the doctor and he said he's not sure why i reacted so badly this time. he thinks i should be ok after the skin peels off but he is slightly concerned that one area might have hyperpigmentation later. he prescribed a medium strength steroid cream for me. so i'm wondering if you fully recovered from this incident?
TheresaL
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 21, 2006 7:04 am      Reply with quote
sf I had the exact same thing happen to me! I did not have a Biomedic peel done I had a 70% glycolic acid Glyderm peel but I had the same results as you. Half of my face had the brown scab type thing. I even had a few raw spots where the skin was removed! The odd thing was that I had several of the same peels done by the Physicians Assistant at my derms and never had such a bad reaction. I was given a cortisone cream which I used for a few days on the really bad spots. On the brighter side the areas of my face that were brown looked awesome once the skin peeled off. The raw areas took a few months to return to normal. I did not have any pigmentation problems. The one thing I can recommend is avoid the sun while you are healing and make sure you use a good sunscreen. I had to take a few days off from sunscreen because my skin was way too irritated. HTH.
skincarefreak
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 21, 2006 10:27 am      Reply with quote
I had done a 60% glycolic peel last year at home. I left it on for a min. It burned like hell! I broke the skin on my chin and it left a scar Sad I had used a retinol 3 days prior, I guess I should of waited longer. I say this because I had done this type of peel before with no problems.
phearthepenguin

Mon Jul 31, 2006 11:42 pm      Reply with quote
Hi,
My dermatologist performed a Biomedic Micropeel Plus on me and my skin has become freakishly red - like a dang tomato. The coloration is patchy too (though the texture is smooth). Its been about 8 hours and I am worried as hell - will this be permanent. How long will this last? PLEASE HELP - I am going crazy. What does the peeling look like?
~P.
LizaA
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 16, 2007 11:26 am      Reply with quote
I had a really bad reaction to a 70% glycolic acid peel and I've been cautious about peels ever since. It was performed at my derm's office by a nurse. I had good reaction with 20%, 35% and 50%. I wanted to stay with 50% because I felt my skin couldn't tolerate beyond this level but the derm claimed that 70% was better for me as I would see more improvemet in my acne scarring and since I had no negative result from the 20-50% I should be fine. And I trusted her judgement.

I had spot blisters, red, raw skin for months, the area around my upper lip and chin became bright orange and then dark brown. I developed grey and brown mottled complexion which took a good 2 years to even out (though not completely as my mouth area is still alittle bit darker) and thereafter I reacted badly to AHAs for years. My acne flared again a few weeks after the incident.

Since then I've only really stuck with enzyme peels which is a much gentler alternative.

Changes in my skin that became permanent:

Pores enlarged (not uniform) the pores on the left cheek is larger than the right as well as the pores on the left temple and this occured pretty much immediately after the peel. And I still have a very faint scar from one of the blistered burn.

In hindsight, I realise that I had better skin prior to the peel.

Moral of the story: Listen to your instincts when you're getting this treatment done, inspite of what the professional tell you.

Always start from the weakest acid to acclimatise your skin and listen to your instincts.

Listen to your instincts because only you know your skin better than anyone else!

If it ain't broke then just polish it. Smile
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:17 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |