Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)
does anyone wax their own eyebrows?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
bongo's_mom
5% products discount

Mon Mar 06, 2006 6:22 am      Reply with quote
Does anyone wax their own eyebrows? I'd like to wax just underneath my eyebrows, sometimes I get tiny little hairs that are impossible to pluck out.
Candy8865
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 06, 2006 9:19 am      Reply with quote
bongo's_mom wrote:
Does anyone wax their own eyebrows? I'd like to wax just underneath my eyebrows, sometimes I get tiny little hairs that are impossible to pluck out.

I do - I cheat though, I buy the Ardell strips. Even I can't screw that up!

5% products discount

Mon Mar 06, 2006 9:35 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for responding. does the ardell strips get even those tiny, tiny hairs that are too short for tweezers? Thank you!
Candy8865
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 06, 2006 4:33 pm      Reply with quote
bongo's_mom wrote:
Thanks for responding. does the ardell strips get even those tiny, tiny hairs that are too short for tweezers? Thank you!

They do pretty good except for the little guys right at the beginning of the browline, other than that, I'm pretty happy with them.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 06, 2006 5:46 pm      Reply with quote
I wax those pesky little blonde hairs once a month or so with stuff I microwave. I may try the Ardell next...sounds like others are having good results.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 06, 2006 7:52 pm      Reply with quote
Where do you buy Ardell? I've been afraid to wax my brows because I'm terrified of making a mistake. But I'm soooo sick of plucking EVERY day....ugh. Would like a quick solution.
Chrissie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 06, 2006 7:58 pm      Reply with quote
chimera wrote:
Where do you buy Ardell? I've been afraid to wax my brows because I'm terrified of making a mistake. But I'm soooo sick of plucking EVERY day....ugh. Would like a quick solution.

I've seen it at CVS recently.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 07, 2006 1:15 am      Reply with quote
chimera wrote:

Walgreens, CVS, Dominicks, Jewel. Pretty much anyplace they sell cosmetics you'll be able to find it. Normally displayed by the false eyelashes or tools (tweezers, scissors, nail clippers etc.)

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 07, 2006 5:32 am      Reply with quote
Just please be careful! I've tried at-home waxing once, and the strips twice (not sure of the brand), and all 3 times ended up removing a layer of skin! I think it was because I was inexperienced, couldn't get results with just one pull, and ended up pulling more than once. I decided it was worth looking like an alien (I, too, get rapid regrowth no matter how good the waxing is) and do "damage-control" tweezing between professional waxings. I tweeze what's tweezable and grin-and-bear the short little hairs.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 07, 2006 6:37 am      Reply with quote
I wax mine, in the “uni-brow” area, above and below my brows using the “Poetic” waxing kit (bought mine from QVC but they have it at Sephora, too). It’s a hard, stripless wax that is pretty much fool-proof. I also use it to wax my “mustache” and the results for both last around a month with me having to pluck stray hairs only a couple of times during that period.

Regarding the Ardell waxing strips that Candy spoke of, I’ve also seen them at Walmart and Ulta stores. If they’re not with the false eyelash products and grooming tools, you can also find them grouped with the at-home waxing kits and depilitory creams (this is especially true at Walmart)...I use those on my mom and find them to be more “forgiving” – I think even a novice can use those strips without messing up, although as LandB said, be careful not to go over the same area more than twice at the most!

Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:48 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |