Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Skin firming products - do they work?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Smoothskin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 06, 2006 12:17 pm      Reply with quote
Has anyone had a good experience with any products that claim to firm the skin? I am looking for long term results rather than an instant flash of cling film on the face. What would be my best bets to look out for ingredients wise - collagen, wheat germ oil, anything else? I have noticed that the skin firming ingredients vary wildly from brand to brand with the latest one I have tried is the Dr Brandt Laser Tight containing the firming protein of sweet pea. I would love to hear of any success stories with particular products or any relevant advice. It is the skin around my jaw line I am concerned with. Thanks for any feedback.
snowymtn
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 07, 2006 12:03 am      Reply with quote
dmae really does work, but only to a certain extent for me.
Candy8865
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 07, 2006 1:13 am      Reply with quote
Just happened across Reviva DMAE Serum at GNC while on a premise check while working (they give a nice discount, lol). I have only used it 2 days and have been pretty impressed thusfar. We'll see if it's limited too for me.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 07, 2006 7:14 am      Reply with quote
I've had great firming results with JB Skin Prep and Alphaderma CE. The Skin Prep contains DMAE too.
Smoothskin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 08, 2006 11:16 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the input, it sounds like DMAE is worth a try. I had actually just bought a food supplement with Alpha Lipoic Acid and DMAE which was recommended to me for improving the overall appearance of the skin. I did some searches and found a DMAE serum from Devita which is paraben and fragrance free as well so I might get that.
anya
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 08, 2006 4:46 pm      Reply with quote
majorb wrote:
I've had great firming results with JB Skin Prep and Alphaderma CE. The Skin Prep contains DMAE too.

Same here. I'll likely re-order as it's done a fantastic job on my skin. However I will NOT be ordering direct from JB, but from EDS.

Anya
Smoothskin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 10, 2006 4:55 am      Reply with quote
I was looking for this JB serum, thinking it is Janson Beckett, but can't find it on the EDS list of brands... How dramatic would you say the results are?
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 10, 2006 6:59 am      Reply with quote
I've just checked and it's under the EDS section as "AlphaDerma".

Although my skin wasn't really very saggy before, I'm 39 and it was definitely starting to lose firmness. It now feels and looks smooth, firm and completely unsaggy. I was delighted with the results.
FoxyMama1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 10, 2006 7:27 am      Reply with quote
Has anyone used the JB skin prep with IS Super serum, and Active serum. If so does it go under Super serum. Smile Rose

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 31, 2006 1:48 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks to all of you who replied, based on your response I have decided to add DMAE to my skin care routine and I have ordered a product with DMAE and a pinch of AHA's. I am so used to getting all the info about the percentage of vitamin c in a product - it doesn't seem to work like that with DMAE, I have never seen a percentage description. Does anyone know if there is any difference? I will let you know what results I get with this after using it for a while (I haven't even got the product yet, but already imagining fantastic results, no wonder most products seem to work very well for me...)
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:00 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |