Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Who is Knowledgeable About Essential Oils?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
pnw
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 06, 2006 7:47 pm      Reply with quote
I am thinking of adding frankincense, sandalwood and maybe myrhh to my bath water. Is this a good idea without a carrier oil? Is water a carrier for EO's? How many drops of each is recommended?
pnw
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 06, 2006 11:36 pm      Reply with quote
nevermind. I found my answer.

http://www.bewellstaywell.com/Skin_Oil_Recipes.htm
Candy8865
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 07, 2006 12:43 am      Reply with quote
pnw wrote:
nevermind. I found my answer.

http://www.bewellstaywell.com/Skin_Oil_Recipes.htm

LOL - talking to yourself again? Heh, heh,sorry couldn't resist. Here's some other good sites...

http://www.highlandsherbal.com/EssentialOilRef.html

http://store.creationsoap.com/esoilandhegu.html

http://www.mabelwhite.com/SupplyCo/Oils1.htm

http://www.aromaweb.com/articles/uses.asp

http://www.emsplace.com/ref/bcoiluse.htm

http://www.essentialoils.co.za/therapeutic-properties.htm

http://www.naturalchoice4you.com/site/876200/page/539608

Happy Surfing....

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 07, 2006 11:37 am      Reply with quote
LOL Laughing I think I am in a different time zone than most members, it can be lonely at night here at times!

Candy, you are incouragable!

(Candy's eyes from reading too many DIY threads)
Candy8865
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 08, 2006 1:26 am      Reply with quote
pnw wrote:
LOL Laughing I think I am in a different time zone than most members, it can be lonely at night here at times!

Candy, you are incouragable!

(Candy's eyes from reading too many DIY threads)

Ha ha ha - it's not my eyes that do that, it's hubby's when he get the CC bill every month! LOL. Being the insomniac I am and working late hours it gives me LOTS of time to read threads and resurrect ones you'd think long dead. The Avacado one comes to mind right now. That's not a bad thing, the bad thing is my 'got have it now' attitude that strikes about 3 am after reading everything here!!

Actually - what's been making my CC whimper lately is products for my DIY projects.
I made some lip balm & body butter for a couple of my gal pals at work & (Carrie you'll enjoy this one) Dr. H CC for the girls locker room (I made too much for my container...so no sense in wasting it).
1st - my pals start telling the other girls about my balms & butter, then everyone is asking what that stuff in the locker room is. *You'd think if they don't know what it is they wouldn't stick their hands in it!* Apparently they've all been using the CC, the container I brought in yesterday is already empty. And ALL asking for more! Everyone is asking can you make me this or that. LOL, if they only knew how easy the stuff I make is they would be doing it themselves! I am a total novice nothing is complex at all that I create. But - they have depleted my stash of goodies, I have to re-order. Then MystyPines has to go and post all those sites I hadn't stumbled upon yet and I was off to the races!
So - I have spent WAY too much money on buying more butters, oils, containers, flavored oils...yadda, yadda, yadda... LOL - One order coming weighs 83 lbs! (I'll be hiding from the UPS guy that day). But can't wait til all my stuff gets here.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 08, 2006 4:54 am      Reply with quote
you're killing me! Laughing Laughing Laughing

Location: Denmark. Me = 32, think I'm combo without oiliness + sometimes sensitive. Have noticed that skin doesn't heal as quickly anymore and I've developed fine lines around my eyes... Hormonal breakouts which are sometimes cystic. PCOS
Eve
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 08, 2006 5:13 am      Reply with quote
I'm a qualified aromatherapist so I'll add that
those are fine just remember to swirl it round before getting in, don't want to burn your bum! Wink if you don't want to add a carrier oil to the water try full fat milk, it contains enough oil to help disperse it. Also consider that the benefits are mostly superficial when adding eo's to bath water, for a therapeutic effect you'd need something like 80 drops worth! which would be crazy.
I'm not saying there is NO benefit of addiing eo's to bath water I'm just saying the benefits are reduced when compared to application through massage & most of the books give you a too low a % of eo's in blends, I imagine they don't want lay people upping the dose and potentially doing some damage. Hope this helps.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 08, 2006 6:14 am      Reply with quote
Candy8865 wrote:
...And ALL asking for more! Everyone is asking can you make me this or that.
And to think that only two short months ago you didn't even know this world existed!! If you're smart, you'll start making some money off your pals, like I do with my co-workers, to help "subsidize" the cost of all your magic ingredients....I mean, almost everyone I make stuff for tells me that they'd be willing to pay 2-3 times more than the amount I'm charging them! Especially once they've realized that my homemade goodies work hundreds of times better than the stuff they spend 3-4 times more to buy from their local dept store's beauty counters!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 08, 2006 7:30 am      Reply with quote
carekate wrote:
Candy8865 wrote:
...And ALL asking for more! Everyone is asking can you make me this or that.
And to think that only two short months ago you didn't even know this world existed!! If you're smart, you'll start making some money off your pals, like I do with my co-workers, to help "subsidize" the cost of all your magic ingredients....I mean, almost everyone I make stuff for tells me that they'd be willing to pay 2-3 times more than the amount I'm charging them! Especially once they've realized that my homemade goodies work hundreds of times better than the stuff they spend 3-4 times more to buy from their local dept store's beauty counters!

I charge a nominal fee to the ones I really don't care for too much, lol. I've learned ALOT here and shown alot of other sources, I really am having a ball with it!

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 08, 2006 12:27 pm      Reply with quote
Quote:
And to think that only two short months ago you didn't even know this world existed!!

2 months!!!Get Out!!! Shock I won't get roped in....I won't get roped in....*knees getting weaker, CC sitting obediently by computer* Laughing

Eve, I really appreciate the post - I absolutely don't want to burn my rumpus! Exactly why I asked. My goal is to do beneficial things for my skin all over. I hate applying lotions afterwards so want to do as much as I can for anti-aging and skin regeneration while soaking in the tub. I already add whole buttermilk to my bath and am now considering:
carrot seed, neroli, frankincense, sandalwood ($$$$). My skin doesn't like carrier oils much except jojoba. How do I use these ingredients to do a good therapeutic level bath?
Candy8865
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 08, 2006 12:47 pm      Reply with quote
pnw wrote:
Quote:
And to think that only two short months ago you didn't even know this world existed!!

2 months!!!Get Out!!! Shock I won't get roped in....I won't get roped in....*knees getting weaker, CC sitting obediently by computer* Laughing

I'll get you my pretty - and you're little dog too!! Bad Grin

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 08, 2006 1:46 pm      Reply with quote
ROFL!!!!

Shame on you Speak to the hand Not talking Pray

Translation:

"No! Stop! I won't do it! You can't make me!"
Candy8865
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 08, 2006 8:57 pm      Reply with quote
pnw wrote:
ROFL!!!!

Shame on you Speak to the hand Not talking Pray

Translation:

"No! Stop! I won't do it! You can't make me!"

Neener, neener....it's too late Carrie Ann you walked into the light (ever seen Poltergeist?). Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 08, 2006 8:59 pm      Reply with quote
Ruth wrote:
you're killing me! Laughing Laughing Laughing

LaLaLa - looks like it's about to get better Ruth. She's hooked....she can't back out now...and I'll be waiting on the other side of bankruptcy for PNW.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 08, 2006 9:47 pm      Reply with quote
rofl

*pnw drooling and hiding credit card as she speaks* Drool

Ohhhhhhh nooooooo, I see what this is coming to, Candy - recruting reinforcements? For shame! Don't they have a DIY Anonymous Support Group for you two? Laughing
Ruth
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 09, 2006 1:33 am      Reply with quote
rofl you two are cracking me up! Leave me alone! I have to work! Laughing

Location: Denmark. Me = 32, think I'm combo without oiliness + sometimes sensitive. Have noticed that skin doesn't heal as quickly anymore and I've developed fine lines around my eyes... Hormonal breakouts which are sometimes cystic. PCOS
la vie en rose
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 09, 2006 1:37 am      Reply with quote
thought i'd add another site for info and, frankly,the best essential oils i ever used. i used to buy them from a tiny organic food store in west los angeles (not there any more).anyways,the tisserand oils always seemed superior to me. i always needed less, but they seem to penetrate better. probably not necessary for homemade concoctions, but if you're using it neat on your face (with a carrier oil) or in the tub, i just love these.

http://www.tisserand.com/

robert tisserand and his wife also wrote some really informative books and each vial of EO camewith gobs of information. fell in love with this brand in the early 90's when there was no internet as we know it today. not saying to buyfrom this site, just giving a head's up if you come across it to try it.

BTW--my first purchase was oils to put in my bath for period cramps -- clary sage and ylang ylang oil. pure heaven! rub some more drops (neat) of clary sage on your 'ovary bones' (my BF used to call the lower back area that) and viola! medicine free easement of even the worst cramps....
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 09, 2006 6:13 am      Reply with quote
la vie en rose wrote:
BTW--my first purchase was oils to put in my bath for period cramps -- clary sage and ylang ylang oil. pure heaven! rub some more drops (neat) of clary sage on your 'ovary bones' (my BF used to call the lower back area that) and viola! medicine free easement of even the worst cramps....
Given that the vast majority of EDS membership is female, I seriously think you need to post that info in the DIY thread!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 09, 2006 7:13 am      Reply with quote
carekate wrote:
Given that the vast majority of EDS membership is female, I seriously think you need to post that info in the DIY thread!

done -- even though the thread was for skin care....

BTW you should check out clary sage with all your DIY stuff.

http://www.susunweed.com/An_Article_wisewoman2b.htm
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 09, 2006 7:18 am      Reply with quote
la vie en rose wrote:
carekate wrote:

done -- even though the thread was for skin care....

BTW you should check out clary sage with all your DIY stuff.

http://www.susunweed.com/An_Article_wisewoman2b.htm
I'll check out the link, but I actually already own a huge bottle of clary sage EO! Very Happy I use it in my homemade shave-minimizing shave oil and after-shave oil as it's supposed to slow hair growth....

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 09, 2006 9:38 am      Reply with quote
carekate wrote:
I'll check out the link, but I actually already own a huge bottle of clary sage EO! Very Happy I use it in my homemade shave-minimizing shave oil and after-shave oil as it's supposed to slow hair growth....

wow! didn't know that about inhibiting hair growth. probably the hormonal effect, which is why i sent you that link in the first place. since a number of active members are (ahem -- me included) slightly older than others. clary sage can be a good oil in facial products, say in lieu of ylang ylang or the like, when acne is still a problem.

sigh. now i'm going to have to look up your after-shave oil. i've been trying to avoid that as there is NO room in the apartment at all (think NYC but smaller) and my BF will kill me! Rolling Eyes
Eve
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 09, 2006 10:00 am      Reply with quote
pnw - well blended in oil is the best way IMO to get the benefits. Is it all of your skin or just on the face that doesn't like carrier oils? You may find you just want to apply the oil to your legs and torso and the more expensive jojoba blend to your face.
I'm afraid I'm a bit idle so don't always practice what I preach when it comes to using oils, usually only when something goes wrong or I'm feeling unwell. Confused

As it is many companies sell bases - lotions/conditioners/bubble baths! to which you can add you EO's

If you're happy just using them in the bath then please continue to do so. You want to add lavender neroli/rose to give yourself an extra anti ageing kick. To stimulate try grapefruit/basil detox, juniper/black pepper.

Once you get in to it there are lots of combinations you can try or just keep it simple with one or two.

Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:28 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |