Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

:: Review :: Dr Hauschka mascara
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
mimsy
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 18, 2006 10:04 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the info Mabsy and Pumaka! Very Happy I'll order it from EDS.
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 22, 2006 10:52 am      Reply with quote
Just bumping this to see if anyone can tell me more about the blue Dr H mascara, please. Is it a deep bluey-black and does it look good?

Chimera said she was disappointed with it, so I was hoping to find out more before ordering it.

I'm terribly disappointed as I've found out that Molton Brown have discontinued their old cosmetic range. Their new mascara only comes in one colour - a disappointing-looking dark brown.

In fact, I rang my local House of Fraser store to see if they had any of my old favourite Molton Brown blue mascaras still around. The girl put 2 aside for me. But when I went to collect them today, after checking that they were indeed the right ones, she said she'd have to have a word with her manager to make sure she could sell them to me, with them now being a discontinued line.

The manager duly appeared and informed me that no, they weren't allowed to sell any of the previous cosmetics line - they all had to be sent back to head office. She only told me that the mascaras that had been kept aside for me were the wrong colour - a blatant lie, as the SA had shown them to me already!

I'm really annoyed. Mad
miranets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 24, 2006 12:42 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the review Mabsy..(but my wallet isn't thanking!!) I was always really unsure about natural mascaras because of their waxy consistency and possible smudging with oilier skins..

Well I've placed an order.. so I'll update with results.. I think it will be quite testing since I have very straight lashes and heavy eyelids which have meant raccoon eyes for every other mascara I've tried.

Do you guys apply to the bottom lashes? Any problems with chunky/uneven application?
Mabsy

Mon Apr 24, 2006 3:11 am      Reply with quote
miranets wrote:
Do you guys apply to the bottom lashes? Any problems with chunky/uneven application?

I don't apply any mascara to my lower lashes so I am not sure how you will go with that... I'd love to hear how this works for you.

Btw, to update this - I have been using this mascara pretty much every day since I wrote that review (minus a few days when I just didn't wear mascara). Still love it and will repurchase!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 24, 2006 5:16 am      Reply with quote
miranets - I tint my eyelashes with the 1000 Hours kit. This means that I only need to wear mascara on my upper lashes - and that's only when I want to boost them for going out anywhere.

Whenever I put mascara on my lower lashes, it always ends up messy.
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 03, 2006 6:43 am      Reply with quote
majorb wrote:
Just bumping this to see if anyone can tell me more about the blue Dr H mascara, please. Is it a deep bluey-black and does it look good?
I got it with my EDS voucher last month: Unlike most blue mascaras, which are more navy and therefore less obvious, this one is most certainly a dark but very bright blue mascara and not bluey-black at all, although thankfully it appears much more subtle once you apply it to the lashes. It is only when you are standing in direct sunlight that it is obvious you’re wearing a blue mascara. Personally, I like the blue shade – and I agree with everything else Mabsy said about this product, it’s the best mascara I’ve tried in quite some time – but it (the blue shade) is definitely not for the faint of heart!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 03, 2006 9:04 am      Reply with quote
I've just ordered some, carekate, and am even more excited about it after reading your comments. Sounds like it might be exactly what I'm looking for. Thanks! Very Happy

But if anyone ever hears of a natural mascara in a rich, deep violet blue (like Molton Brown's in 03 - Entrancing), please let me now, as that would be my absolute HG.
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 04, 2006 3:19 am      Reply with quote
majorb wrote:
But if anyone ever hears of a natural mascara in a rich, deep violet blue (like Molton Brown's in 03 - Entrancing), please let me now, as that would be my absolute HG.
Mine would be a natural mascara in deep burgundy or dark purple/aubergine because those shades really make my mostly green eyes POP!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 04, 2006 7:26 am      Reply with quote
I know a mascara with the exact colour that would be perfect for you! Unfortunately, it's not a natural one and, although it looks amazing, it doesn't make your lashes feel nice and soft - which I why I don't use it anymore.

It's Aquaresistant in #4 by YSL. The most gorgeous colour that can look almost black, but is a very definite deep purple when it catches the light.

Now if I could find a natural mascara like that, I'd be using it too!
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 06, 2006 3:11 pm      Reply with quote
My Dr Hauschka Blue Mascara arrived today and I'm really pleased with it. Feels pretty natural on the lashes, applied easily, hasn't smudged all day (it's only on my upper lashes, though) - and, best of all, it's the kind of blue I was hoping for!

As much as I really like the Lavera, carekate's right about the DH - it's a much more definite blue, but not a scarily obvious one.
Mabsy

Sun May 07, 2006 12:22 am      Reply with quote
Glad you like the Dr H mascara Majorb! The YSL one sounds great, if only it was natural... I'm tempted to try it nonetheless - purple/plum looks great on me instead of black mascara.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 07, 2006 8:22 am      Reply with quote
The YSL is waterproof and didn't smudge or flake at all on me, and, as I said, the colour is gorgeous. I just wish it looked and felt more natural.

It does take some shifting when you try to clean it off at the end of the day - but that just proves how waterproof it is! Laughing
miranets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 09, 2006 1:48 am      Reply with quote
My mascara is due to arrive in a week or so.. I am kinda excited from hearing the comments about its staying-power.. Since it would be an acid-test on my eyelashes. I think the first time I'll wear it on a weekend and stay indoors, just hope it doesn't give me panda eyes after an hour.

One thing I'm worried about is.. some people have said it does take a little longer to dry than normal mascara.. AND because of the way the fold of my eyelids sit a little on the root of the lashes.. am I gonna have the dreaded problem of having to hold my eyelids 'up' for minutes before I can set it down and blink??

(p.s a side-question.. do you gals just use regular eye-lash curlers (the ones that look like scissors) or I don't know.. 'branded' ones?? I haven't really found one that doesn't leave this horrible perpendicular crimp if I don't press it properly!!)
Mabsy

Tue May 09, 2006 2:46 am      Reply with quote
miranets - Well, it's a possibility that you might get that problem. You'll just have to be extra carefull I guess.

Re: curlers. I have a heated one (pen-like) and also two of the crimping ones (Shu Uemura and Shiseido). I've tried many and these have been the best for me. They can still leave a crimp if you are not careful. The trick is to press gently, hold for a while, and do this gradually up the lashes rather than in just one place.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 09, 2006 3:08 am      Reply with quote
Just keep your eyes looking 'down' for about 30-60 seconds and you should be ok! And i've -never- had raccoon eyes from Dr H....it does come off, but it seems to disappear without leaving much residue...i love that!!!
miranets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 17, 2006 2:20 am      Reply with quote
I just received this along with tons of Dr H cosmetics..... horray for airmail!!

Anyway I wont have time to try this until SUNDAY!! because there's no way I can leave the house with a mascara that I have never used before Sad Sad

But I opened it up and I got a 'feel' for the texture.. it is really really nice!! Compared to other mascaras I've used..... you really notice the non clumpiness even from looking at the bristles.

Will keep you gals updated Wink

(ps. used the Novum lip glosses and they are gorgeous in texture and colour Very Happy)
Mabsy

Wed May 17, 2006 3:24 am      Reply with quote
miranets - I'm really hoping that this works well for you! I am still *so* in love with this mascara!
miranets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 19, 2006 1:25 am      Reply with quote
ok I couldn't wait to try this so I applied it this morning before leaving out.. and I was only going to be out for a couple of hours anyway.. (sorry this is long.. but it's a rave)

Since I've been using Lucia, my bottom lashes have almost doubled in length (no kidding!) so it made applying the mascara to the bottom lashes a lot easier.

I had no problems with getting the mascara to coat every lash without clumps or flakes.... so that's a first for me.

As for the top lashes, I did notice a slight lengthening effect, but not so dramatic. The great thing is, as many of you have said, it seperates very nicely. I did three light coats and still had great seperation and no clumping. (!!)

Ok the acid test was.... is this going to last me through the day?? Well it did 'melt' a little, but not anything like racoon eyes. In fact it imparts a slightly smokey look which would be great for evenings.

As for cleansing, I simply wiped with a warm muslin cloth and most of it came off without causing that ugly panda eyes staining.

So the verdict is: if this worked for someone with oily eyelids and hard-to-reach lashes like me..... then it would be great for everyone else!

(thanks for bumping this post, else I would have never found this Very Happy)
Mabsy

Sat May 20, 2006 12:50 am      Reply with quote
miranets wrote:
So the verdict is: if this worked for someone with oily eyelids and hard-to-reach lashes like me..... then it would be great for everyone else!

Dancing Dancing Dancing Dancing Super! Smile
shanno
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 08, 2006 1:27 pm      Reply with quote
I've been wearing the Dr. Hauschka mascara for about two years and love it still. As others have posted, the consistency is perfect, smooth, even, no clumping. I'd switched from some other natural brand containing beeswax that left my lashes terribly stiff, so I was thrilled that the Hauschka product made my lashes so supple and pliant. Also, the scent is lovely. Like miranets, I do notice some settling as the day wears on, but I like the dramatic effect it produces, especially on dark eyes.
Debra
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 08, 2006 3:09 pm      Reply with quote
I added this mascara to my last EDS order, which will arrive any day now. I'm looking forward to trying this. As others have shared, I don't like harsh mascaras that make my lashes stiff, and would rather wear no mascara than one that clumps or flakes all day. When I wear mascara that has a tendency to 'melt' on my lower lashes, I apply just a tiny bit of my Laura Mercier loose powder just under my lashes which works beautifully....no smudging.

Sat Jul 08, 2006 11:54 pm      Reply with quote
Just to follow up, I am ashamed to say that I am still on the same tube of this mascara. I should really bin it and get a new one (I started using it in march so it's just over the 3 month mark) but I've been traveling and just haven't spotted this anywhere. After all of this use (I use it almost every working day and some days on weekends as well) it is still my favorite mascara. It has gotten a wee bit thicker than it was originally but it still gives completely clump free results but perhaps now doesn't separate as well as it used to. I'm so loving this! Dancing
Poppy
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 13, 2006 10:45 am      Reply with quote
Just want to say THANK YOU to Mabsy and everyone else who raved about this mascara.

I am in love with it, can't wait to repurchase it, and am recommending this to anyone and everyone at the drop of a hat Laughing

Most of all, I love how it is so gentle and kind to my sensitive, contact-lensed eyes.

THANK YOU LADIES!
Mabsy

Sat Oct 14, 2006 11:47 pm      Reply with quote
I'm really glad you like it Poppy! It is by far now the best mascara that I have used and I'll be getting this in my EDS order (I'm still on my first tube - my bad!!! Embarassed). I would love it if they made it in plum or purple Pray
sarah19
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 15, 2006 1:37 am      Reply with quote
As recently i have been having really red sore iratted eyes i wasnt sure if it was my mascara so i have stopped it my eyes are still irrated but i hate not wearing mascara so now just going for something natural. I havent heard of anyone having problems with this and having senstive eyes if anyone has please post.

Does the mascara run into your eye by the end of the day?
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:25 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |