Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
:: Review :: Dr Hauschka mascara
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 11, 2007 9:32 pm      Reply with quote
pumaka wrote:
It's $20.95 Cad at EDS right now. That's about $18.20 US.

I used to buy it from Beauty Center Europe for 12.90 Euros (around $16US), but at the moment they only have blue shade left. And their shipping is kind of steep (Eu 15+) so it's not that great of a deal unless you're buying a lot of stuff at one time.

It's $22.41 USD for me on EDS, after discount.
cedar
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 12, 2007 10:44 am      Reply with quote
I think I have been using this mascara about 8-10 weeks. Somewhere on EDS, I had mentioned how I love it, feels so conditioning, no "crispy" effect on lashes. I do still love it, but one disappointment: it has to be replaced about every 8 weeks, because it dries out. But, I do like it, so will replace it. I wish it stayed wet longer in the tube, though. I do put the lid on tightly, etc. Next, I will try the Volume version. Anyway, I like it because I think on a pretty and mature face, the more natural, glossy look on lashes looks more youthful. I didn't realize this until I read it on the board, and I do have to agree. I had been using every expensive brand that is supposed to give you lots of volume, etc. But, honestly, this Dr H look suits me best. Very pretty, and gentle.
TAMgirl99
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 12, 2007 10:54 am      Reply with quote
cedar wrote:
I think I have been using this mascara about 8-10 weeks. Somewhere on EDS, I had mentioned how I love it, feels so conditioning, no "crispy" effect on lashes. I do still love it, but one disappointment: it has to be replaced about every 8 weeks, because it dries out. But, I do like it, so will replace it. I wish it stayed wet longer in the tube, though. I do put the lid on tightly, etc. Next, I will try the Volume version. Anyway, I like it because I think on a pretty and mature face, the more natural, glossy look on lashes looks more youthful. I didn't realize this until I read it on the board, and I do have to agree. I had been using every expensive brand that is supposed to give you lots of volume, etc. But, honestly, this Dr H look suits me best. Very pretty, and gentle.

Whaaa??? I've had the same tube of this mascara for 8 months and I'm just now planning to replace it. I wonder if you just got a defective tube?
cedar
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 12, 2007 11:05 am      Reply with quote
I can still use it, but it is definitely drier. Is yours still noticeably wet, like when it was new?

It *was* the last tube at the store, and it took them a long time to bring it to me. Hmmm.
TAMgirl99
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 12, 2007 11:55 am      Reply with quote
Yes, mine is definitely still wet, although a bit thicker than it was initially. It still doesn't clump though!
cedar
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 12, 2007 11:57 am      Reply with quote
Mine doesn't clump, either. Maybe I'll see how long it continues to look good, without the moistness factor. Thanks.
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 12, 2007 6:25 pm      Reply with quote
TAMgirl99 wrote:
cedar wrote:

Whaaa??? I've had the same tube of this mascara for 8 months and I'm just now planning to replace it. I wonder if you just got a defective tube?

It's recommended to replace every 3 months after opening. Crying or Very sad
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 12, 2007 6:26 pm      Reply with quote
I can't wait for Dr. H's Volume Mascara to come out!! Very Happy
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 13, 2007 7:31 am      Reply with quote
poohlisey wrote:
I can't wait for Dr. H's Volume Mascara to come out!! Very Happy

As soon as someone tries it, please can they post a comparison between it and the ordinary Dr H mascara?

I'm very interested in the purple/aubergine one, but I want it to look as glossy and natural as the original formula.
TAMgirl99
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 13, 2007 9:38 am      Reply with quote
poohlisey wrote:

Of course that's what they recommend. How else are they going to make a profit? Laughing However, mine is still going strong. I actually would have replaced it a few months ago but apparently there was a packaging problem with the black version so Whole Foods was out until this month. Rolling Eyes
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 13, 2007 7:32 pm      Reply with quote
TAMgirl99 wrote:
poohlisey wrote:

Of course that's what they recommend. How else are they going to make a profit? Laughing However, mine is still going strong. I actually would have replaced it a few months ago but apparently there was a packaging problem with the black version so Whole Foods was out until this month. Rolling Eyes

I think it's for sanitary purposes. Mad
TAMgirl99
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 14, 2007 7:36 am      Reply with quote
poohlisey wrote:

Yep, that's definitely one of the reasons, but as long is I'm not having any problems (i.e. eye infections, lashes falling out) then I have no problem using it as long as I can. I figure with all of the bacteria laying around everywhere else (particularly in the bathroom Embarassed ) that this is the least of my worries. However, this is also the reason I don't "pump" the wand in and out of the tube before use. I read an article on mascara once that said this contaminates the tube and increases bacterial growth. Confused
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 14, 2007 6:51 pm      Reply with quote
TAMgirl99 wrote:
poohlisey wrote:

Yep, that's definitely one of the reasons, but as long is I'm not having any problems (i.e. eye infections, lashes falling out) then I have no problem using it as long as I can. I figure with all of the bacteria laying around everywhere else (particularly in the bathroom Embarassed ) that this is the least of my worries. However, this is also the reason I don't "pump" the wand in and out of the tube before use. I read an article on mascara once that said this contaminates the tube and increases bacterial growth. Confused

I don't pump my mascara wand in and out of the tube either.. ew.. the bacteria growth sounds really disturbing! Confused Just got my eco nvey moisturizing mascara today and am loving it! Very Happy
marci65
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 05, 2007 5:07 pm      Reply with quote
Does anyone know when the Dr. H volume mascara will be available for purchase?
Marleen

Tue Mar 06, 2007 4:53 am      Reply with quote
marci65 wrote:
Does anyone know when the Dr. H volume mascara will be available for purchase?

Well, it's allready for sale in Europe (i live in the Netherlands) for over a month or so. Don't know about other regions though...

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 06, 2007 5:56 am      Reply with quote
This is now another one of my favourite Dr H products! I am using the black one, and it is the best mascara I have ever used! It goes on beautifully, doesn't smudge, doesn't irritate my eyes like most other mascaras, and smells divine. I have tried mum's blue mascara (which is very dark blue) and IMO the black one goes on nicer, the blue one seems a bit clumpier.
Serendipity
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 07, 2007 6:07 am      Reply with quote
This forum is so addictive. And not at all good for my credit card. I have been thinking of getting a new mascara - I have a clinique one which I use irregularly.

Has anyone tried the Dr H shadows?

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 07, 2007 9:53 am      Reply with quote
Serendipity wrote:
This forum is so addictive. And not at all good for my credit card. I have been thinking of getting a new mascara - I have a clinique one which I use irregularly.

Yes, I was given a free one to test. It was in a dark, smokey grey - far too dark for me, sadly. However, it came with a little sponge-tipped applicator in the case, went on very smoothly with a bit of a shimmer and contained plenty of pigment. Eyeshadow doesn't last terribly long on me usually. This one lasted longer than most, but didn't have exceptional staying power.

Oh, and it smells of roses. Lovely!
Serendipity
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 07, 2007 4:11 pm      Reply with quote
Yes the roses fragrant is delightful, isn't it? I am a sucker for beautiful smelling product.

Thanks for the review.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 09, 2007 9:06 am      Reply with quote
Serendipity wrote:

Yes, I use Dr. H mascara and eyeshadows and since I discovered them, nothing else is allowed on my eyes! Very Happy

I love the fact that they contain silk, so they glide on just like - well, like silk! The colors are subtle and natural which suits me just fine - if more layers are applied, you can achieve a bolder look for evening.

44 – combo/oily skin with a tendency towards clogged pores. Thanks to EDS, tweaked my skincare routine and normalized skin… no more breakouts. PSF, silk powder, Janson Beckett, Cellbone, NIA24 are staples.
catspaw
5% products discount

Fri Mar 09, 2007 10:02 am      Reply with quote
I agree with you all - the Dr H mascara is very nice, looks natural, and does not irritate my eyes. My only complaint is that it takes quite a while to dry, so every time I use it, I end up with spots or smudges above and below my eyes. This was enough of a problem for me to switch after 2 tubes, despite my penchant for natural products.

Sat Mar 10, 2007 3:09 am      Reply with quote
The Dr H eyeshadows smell like rose? I'm so there! Laughing They sound really good from your description Majorb, I'll need to pick one up to try. Thanks!

ps. I'm using Diorshow mascara now and I'm really missing my Dr H mascara Sad I have to pick up another tube as soon as the Diorshow is done.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 10, 2007 5:30 am      Reply with quote
I LOVE the Dr. H eyeshadows. My only complaint in the past was that they were sold as duos (two shades in a case), and I always finished the lighter shade well before the darker one. BUT they remedied that by now selling them as singles.

I bought Solo 02 (Beach) with my last EDS order. It's a golden shade with a slight shimmer--perfect with just eyeliner and mascara for a really subtle, nearly natural look.
Serendipity
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 10, 2007 7:06 am      Reply with quote
The shadows sound delightful. Are the colours on eds pretty accurate? There is no Dr H makeup retailer near me so I can't go in to check.

Thanks.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 10, 2007 2:55 pm      Reply with quote
I think the colors depicted on the EDS site are pretty close to the real thing. The golden earth (02) is perhaps a bit warmer in tone than depicted. (On my fair skin, it gives a warm, golden sort of glow.)

The other shades I've tried that are currently offered (shimmering ivory, subtle peach, and smoky gray) look very much as they do in the photos.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:53 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |