Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Excema Eyes
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
pustekuchen
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 07, 2006 4:03 am      Reply with quote
So, here's my problem, i have a tendancy to get excema around my eyes, also due to some pseudo-food allergies every once in a while my eye area swells right up, stretching the skin.

so first off, anyone who gets facial excema, get a rpescription for Protopic, it's a topically applied immuno-suppressent and is a miracle in a jar.

however, now that the skin irritation is taken care i'm left with crepey skin around the eyes, it's dry, thin and sensitive.

i'm having some luck with kiehl's avocado eye cream, jojoba, castor oil, and grapeseed oil as moisturizors,(not all at once, i'm trying each for a week or two and taking notes) which is a good first step.

now i want to work on the crepe-y texture and the thinness.

any suggestions?
pnw
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 07, 2006 12:53 pm      Reply with quote
Pustekuchen,

I'd be very interested in hearing about your experiences with the oils so far, which are most moisturizing, least "greasy", least irritating, etc. My hubby has the exact same problem and is also using protopic. In between he uses vaseline.
Caspers Mum

Tue Mar 07, 2006 2:03 pm      Reply with quote
I've had eczema on my hands before, and though I used a bit of prescription strength cortisone cream, I was also taking zinc & Evening Primrose Oil supplements, and also using E.P. Oil on the affected area. Another relief: Decleor Essential Night Balm.
pustekuchen
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 08, 2006 12:34 am      Reply with quote
pnw wrote:
Pustekuchen,

I'd be very interested in hearing about your experiences with the oils so far, which are most moisturizing, least "greasy", least irritating, etc. My hubby has the exact same problem and is also using protopic. In between he uses vaseline.

isn't protopic amazing? i call it magic cream.
well, i can't use vaseline or other petroleum products on my eyes or else i get wicked milia, they love that crevice right under the orbital bone, so i can't do squat about them Razz

do you have glaxal base cream or lotion by wellskin? i've found it to be a good maintenaince moisturizer. it's not greasy or heavy, but when things gets dry and flakey it often wimps out a bit.

so for when things get bad... i've been trying to find something better.

lessee, i've found jojoba to be good, but once i had a reaction when using it (a bit of swelling)--i'm not positive that the reaction was from the oil, since it was just the once, but i'm a little more wary now.

castor oil seemed to even out some of the flakeys but at the same time, it made the inside corner feel tight, not quite dry, but a bit stiff. also it feels sticky for a LONG time.however it hasn't had much of a chance, so my final verdict isn't through.

grapeseed oil felt good, didn't irritate, my eyes felt moisturized, but it didn't last long. however i haven't given it much of a chance either.

cocoa butter sometimes works, sometimes not, i found it to be a bit heavy feeling and it "sits" on top of my skin for a LONG time instead of being absorbed.

coconut oil is the first oil i started using, and it's pretty good, no irritationg, doesn't get sticky, doesn't stay slick for very long.

Unfortunately for me, just moisturizing is helping to prevent further damage, but i'm still seeking a fix for the crepey look.
jehjahlu
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 08, 2006 11:03 am      Reply with quote
I've used all of those oils topcially as well as emu oil, which is by far my favorite, as it seems to tighten up loose skin and is like water, as long as it doesn't have any vitamin E in it (bad, bad stuff.. Sad ) Do you use copper peptides? You could try using a little bit mixed with emu oil, as it is said to firm and tighten up skin, and is not irritating, though I would test it first, as with any new product. I also like to use some zinc oxide cream mixed with emu oil to help moisturize, as the zinc is healing and emu helps restore the skin. Shea butter might help, but sometimes i found it to be too irritating, I think it has a lot of beta carotene in it, which can be irritating like vitamin A. A little bit of kineras cream might help, mixed with emu oil, I use that and it is good, but a good moisturizer seems to be necessary as I think kinerase is kind of drying to the skin.
jehjahlu
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 08, 2006 11:08 am      Reply with quote
You are right on the money with all of those oils. Surprised Jojoba can be a bit irritating, and it also seems to go rancid quickly. Grapeseed oil as well as sesame are very light oils, so they penetrate the dermis quickly and don't leave the epidermis hydrated enough. Castor oil is just plain bad for the skin, I don't even think it should be used topically. Coconut is one of those interesting oils because it FEELS like it would be really moisturizing due to its water content, but it also has a lot of acid in it, and it sinks into the skin quickly, but it is wonderful to use as a cleanser, and is why it's used in so many soaps because it softens and hydrates the skin. Cocoa butter is too heavy for the face area for most people and can cause breakouts. I like emu oil because it is like natural skin oil, but it also seems to need to be re-applied often or mixed with a heavier moisturizer.. sigh.. Smile

pustekuchen wrote:
pnw wrote:
Pustekuchen,

isn't protopic amazing? i call it magic cream.
well, i can't use vaseline or other petroleum products on my eyes or else i get wicked milia, they love that crevice right under the orbital bone, so i can't do squat about them Razz

do you have glaxal base cream or lotion by wellskin? i've found it to be a good maintenaince moisturizer. it's not greasy or heavy, but when things gets dry and flakey it often wimps out a bit.

so for when things get bad... i've been trying to find something better.

lessee, i've found jojoba to be good, but once i had a reaction when using it (a bit of swelling)--i'm not positive that the reaction was from the oil, since it was just the once, but i'm a little more wary now.

castor oil seemed to even out some of the flakeys but at the same time, it made the inside corner feel tight, not quite dry, but a bit stiff. also it feels sticky for a LONG time.however it hasn't had much of a chance, so my final verdict isn't through.

grapeseed oil felt good, didn't irritate, my eyes felt moisturized, but it didn't last long. however i haven't given it much of a chance either.

cocoa butter sometimes works, sometimes not, i found it to be a bit heavy feeling and it "sits" on top of my skin for a LONG time instead of being absorbed.

coconut oil is the first oil i started using, and it's pretty good, no irritationg, doesn't get sticky, doesn't stay slick for very long.

Unfortunately for me, just moisturizing is helping to prevent further damage, but i'm still seeking a fix for the crepey look.
pnw
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 08, 2006 12:40 pm      Reply with quote
I agree with J on everything but the jojoba. It does not go rancid as it is a wax. Also, please do NOT try hyaluronic acid. At least one other person here and my hubby have had bad reactions to it when used on eczema. Thank you so much for your review of the oils you have tried so far. I think the protopic makes his skin look great, but he hates using prescriptions of any kind. I have not tried emu oils yet myself, but am hearing great things about it. If you try it please give a review. And this is a long shot, but I find my eyes get nicely hydrated and smoothed when I add a little diluted whole buttermilk to them using a cotton ball. This may help until you find something better.
pustekuchen
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 08, 2006 11:30 pm      Reply with quote
pnw wrote:
I agree with J on everything but the jojoba. It does not go rancid as it is a wax. Also, please do NOT try hyaluronic acid. At least one other person here and my hubby have had bad reactions to it when used on eczema. Thank you so much for your review of the oils you have tried so far. I think the protopic makes his skin look great, but he hates using prescriptions of any kind. I have not tried emu oils yet myself, but am hearing great things about it. If you try it please give a review. And this is a long shot, but I find my eyes get nicely hydrated and smoothed when I add a little diluted whole buttermilk to them using a cotton ball. This may help until you find something better.

wrt the hyaluronic acid, do you mean as a topical application or the oral supplements or both? i was reading all of the success people have had with the supplements and was tempted... but not that tempted!

i tried neutrogena's copper cream oh... a long time ago, but it irritated my skin, but who knows if it was the copper or something else in the cream Rolling Eyes

i'll try the buttermilk thing for sure pnw, thanks!
and thanks jehjahlu, you seem to know your skin care Very Happy
pnw
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 09, 2006 10:12 am      Reply with quote
Sorry, I should have specified. I was referring to avoiding the topical HA. I have not heard anyone have troubles with the HA pills. I just received my order of the hydraplenish version with MSM and I am very excited, hope you like them!
pustekuchen
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 10, 2006 3:01 pm      Reply with quote
hee, i won't be able to try them for about a month, i have to wait until school is done and i'm working Smile

so copper peptides are good for crepey skin...? which are some good brands to try, ones with simple ingredients that would tend to be non-irritating? i'm a little afraid of trying them Anxious
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:38 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |