Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Can Vitamin C Serum be used under eyes?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
mermaid7000
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 07, 2006 2:15 pm      Reply with quote
Can 10% or lower percentage vitamin C serums or formulas with vitamin C be used under eye area, if it has some ascorbic acid in it?
pnw
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 07, 2006 4:38 pm      Reply with quote
I use mine under my eyes and it is 20%. For some people it may be irritating but it is not for me. I am nervous about the idea of using glycolic acid or retin-A under my eyes. I wonder if those are safe? I would think they would be thinning while the vitamin C would be collagen building. Does anyone have more info?
Janis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 07, 2006 5:14 pm      Reply with quote
This would be great to know.

I use Retin-A under my eyes and it's not irritating, but I don't know if you're supposed to put it there. I haven't really seen much of a positive difference using Retin A in the eye area. The rest of my face, the texture has improved slightly, but the eye area remains the same rather than improving.

The original question here is a good one.
Chrissie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 07, 2006 7:49 pm      Reply with quote
I use Retin-A and PSF Vit C serum under my eyes (not at the same time though). I make sure I apply moisturizer in the am so the area doesn't dry out.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 07, 2006 7:55 pm      Reply with quote
At night, I use psf retinol under my eyes, and during the day, I use 20% vitamin C serum.
So far, my skin agrees.
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 07, 2006 8:47 pm      Reply with quote
I use my 17.5% cellex-c under my eye and I just have to make sure to wear a hydrating eye cream on top
betterat40
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 07, 2006 9:37 pm      Reply with quote
I use my Cellular Skin Rx 12% under my eyes each AM with no problem.
mermaid7000
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 07, 2006 10:50 pm      Reply with quote
Has the C Serum under your eyes reduced fine lines there or crow's feet?
betterat40
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 07, 2006 10:54 pm      Reply with quote
Yes. It has firmed up the area so the "line of demarcation" between my cheeks and my undereye area is not so noticeable. I have bad allergies, too, so I live with circles. Don't think the C can do anything about that. I use Eye Bright for that - helps with the circulation there so the area isn't so dark looking.
jehjahlu
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 08, 2006 2:31 am      Reply with quote
Dark circles, or the allergies that can cause them, can really benefit from taking bioflavanoids, also B vitamins can help with that too, as well as vitamin K which can be applied topically. I have used both retinol and vitamin C under the eye area (at different times) with a heavy moisurizer or oil over the top of it to help push the serums into the skin and haven't had too much problem. i have learned from bad experience though to always err on the side of caution when starting any new productby testing a small area first, and using a very small amount and a low dose to check for irritation and redness. I believe some brands make vitamin C especially for the eye area. You could also try copper there as well to help firm, tone and smooth under the eyes, followed by a nice moisturizer or oil. It might be a little less drying, but as always, try a small amount first. Smile
la vie en rose
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 08, 2006 3:02 am      Reply with quote
one warning about using a retinal under the eyes though -- they look worse before they look better. i started to get all crepey and was ready to throw in the towel. have persevered, though, and a couple of weeks later they look much better. if your skin can tolerate it, i highly reccommend it!

still searching for the holy grail for dark circles -- however, thinking i'm doomed. allergies aside, mine are hereditary. i had them even as a young child.
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 08, 2006 6:21 am      Reply with quote
la vie en rose wrote:
still searching for the holy grail for dark circles -- however, thinking i'm doomed.
Did you see the post from someone who said that she noticed her circles always looked better after her yoga class where she stood on her head? Apparently it had something to do with increasing circulation and blood flow....

I swear, I'm not making this up! Shock Do a search of the forum using "dark circles" and "yoga" or "standing on head" as the keywords.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 08, 2006 7:24 am      Reply with quote
carekate wrote:
I swear, I'm not making this up! Shock Do a search of the forum using "dark circles" and "yoga" or "standing on head" as the keywords.

Laughing i will try to incorporate this into my exercise routine as i understand it's a cumulative effect and let you know how it goes. though, come to think of it, i think i probably did look my best when i was doing lots of yoga and rock climbing.... hmmmmm.

seriously, though, my undereye area is a sight to behold (dark, puffy, with the world's highest cheekbones). i can walk into any beauty store, buying stuff or not, and they practically fall over themselves to give me vast amounts of eye cream samples. this has happened since i've been fifteen!!! have tried them all and thus far this is the only thing that works -- Cool
mermaid7000
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 08, 2006 8:27 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for your replies guys.

For darkness under my eyes I have just been using foundation. I use to use Olay Total Effects under my eyes and that really gave them a glow but not sure that it did anything for the lines and the Petrolatum in the product concerned me. Also I have read several people say about the Retinol and Retin-A causing more lines under eyes before it gets better. I use Retinyl Palmitate and wonder if that would cause the same lines before it gets better Confused
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:35 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |