Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Vit C Packaging - ISC & Others
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
bushy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 08, 2006 3:18 am      Reply with quote
In everything that I have read on Vit C, the most effective is L-Ascorbic Acid and also the most unstable when it comes into contact with oxygen.
Does anyone know why companies like ISC and others continue to sell Vit C products in bottles with droppers. This means that each time you use the product, you have to take the lid off which continually exposes the product to oxygen and thus deterioration.
Why don't they use sealed containers with pumps?

Wed Mar 08, 2006 3:35 am      Reply with quote
I think that if they used a normal pump then there is still a problem in terms of air in the bottle (regardless of if you have to open it up or not). If they do go for an airless pump then the main problem I see is that there is always product sitting in the pump that is completely exposed for a good 24 hours until you use the pump again. So, essentially, each pump of product that you would get out would have already been sitting there and would also not be protected from light (though that may be negligible). The other thing too is that it would probably make more sense to keep the serum in glass rather than plastic or any other type of material, which would be rather difficult with a pump design. That's my theory on it anyway Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 08, 2006 10:55 am      Reply with quote
Very interesting question.. you know what I found was the best way to keep Ester C serum from going bad is to just buy the little sample bottles in large quantities.. I was thinking of doing that again, since my big one ounce bottles of Heavenly Skin C serum ssem to go bad almost as fast as Cellex-C and Skinceuticals C serums. Neutral Maybe you could invent something much more grand for Miss Ester. Wink
bushy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 09, 2006 12:52 am      Reply with quote
Mabsy, I agree with your sentiments. But, perhaps they could still use a pump container designed in such a way that the pump spout is small and has a cap. At least this would keep the bulk of the product away from oxygen which I believe is probably more harmful to the product than light. I have kept a product in very dark, cool conditions and it still discoloured very quickly which I now believe was oxidation.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 09, 2006 1:29 am      Reply with quote
I had the same question in mind as bushy when I started using my first bottle of C serum. Every time you take out the dropper, the product which sticks on the surface of the dropper will, IMO, oxidize very fast due to the large surface area in contact with the air.

But the 15ml bottle hasn't gone bad before I finished it in 1 month. Then I got my second bottle which is 30ml. As I feel that this one will last much longer, I transfered half of it to another bottle, hoping this helps preserve the serum better. Wink
Lifeplyr01
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 09, 2006 7:00 am      Reply with quote
Bushy you raised a very good question, one that I have no explanation for Confused You also bring up a point that has been bothering me.

My Super Serum from ISC has turned orange Mad
This happened at about the 2mos mark. I've tried to be very diligent in HOW I use it. For example, I transfered some product into a smaller vial for use and stored the original bottle in the box stored in a dark cabinet. Yep, the serum in the larger bottle has turned orange. I am at the point where I am going to stop buying Vit C serum that is water based. This also happened with my SkinCeuticals serum. Very disheartening, the stuff costs so damn much Exclamation

Side note, has anyone else had this problem with Vit C, ISC or others?? Thanks.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 19, 2006 12:50 am      Reply with quote
I read another post reviewing a Private Formula product and as they are available in Australia, I took a closer look at the product range.
What was very interesting is that Ultra R4 serum comes in a container which has all the features which I believed these companies should package Vit C in. It is a pump bottle but the top turns to reveal the pump which pops out. So when you have dispensed the required amount, you turn the top and the pump goes back down into the bottle and is therefore sealed as much as you can from the air. Very ingenious and goes to show some of these other companies could spend a few cents more and supply proper packaging.

Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:21 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |