Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Another ?...ACV toner and Retin A micro
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
I'm Kiki
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 08, 2006 7:47 am      Reply with quote
I was reaing thru threads last night and will be making the ACV toner... My question is this..

It was mentioned a couple times, I think, that someone{s} stopped using RAM, because the ACV did a better job than the RAM, of getting rid of the layer of dead skin cells and they didn't get the 'uglies' of the peeling effects from RAM... But again, had the same results...

Did I understand this correctly? Should I stop using the RAM, when I begin using the ACV? I use the RAM only for anti aging, I was blessed with none acned skin...

Sorry for al lmy questions, but I want to make sure I'm not going to cause myself any undue troubles...
Thanks again, for any and all help...
hpjrt
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 08, 2006 9:01 am      Reply with quote
Hi Kiki,

I'm not sure what you read ... but I use ACV toner and I use Retin-A nightly ... not Retin-A Micro ... but I would think they would be comparable in terms of use with ACV.

I tend not to use ACV toner before applying the Retin-A ... because they are both acids and I was unsure if the ACV would help or hinder the Retin-A.

That said, I use ACV toner every morning ...

However, I will say that I think ACV works on the top-most layer of skin ... whereas the Retin-A works deeper down in your skin.

I wouldn't think that one was better than the other.

If I have any peeling uglies from the Retin-A ... I will use a "peel" type treatment [usually a 10% salicylic acid peel, quickly followed by OCM] which seems to work well for getting rid of them. I then follow with ACV toner.

I don't recall the ACV toner actually ridding me of those peeling uglies alone ... or I'd never have started with the salicylic acid.

Now that could be me ... but I think that ACV and Retin-A work on different levels ... and one shouldn't stop one in favour of the other ... except of course, I might recommend using ACV toner in the AM and the Retin-A in the PM.

I could be wrong on that ... in terms of not using ACV immediately preceeding application of the retinoid ... Laughing

Hopefully others will have opinions/experiences.

Mary

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 08, 2006 4:29 pm      Reply with quote
Mary, thank you for your reply.. I wish I would have noted exactly what page and poster{s} said that about not using the RAM any longer.. With all those pages, I'm not in the mood to go hunting right now...LOL

I'll go by what you do.. Do you use any other type of toner at night, before the retin A? I was just thinking to go ahead and use the one I've been using at night and the ACV one in the morning...

I hope I'm not being to big of a PITA... I do appreciate all the help and knowledge I get here.. I was blessed with great genes {thanks Mom and Daddy!} I don't have wrinkles, and very few tiny lines around my eyes, and have never had any type of acne problem, and I want to keep it that way!!!
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 1:13 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |