Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)
ACK! Too Faced Lip Injection Extreme
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 08, 2006 11:28 am      Reply with quote
ARGH... I got 3 sample sachets of this at Xmas but had never tried it (I have never tried lip plumping creams period come to think of it)

Not sure I will be using all of it... is it normal for the "plumping" to also be outside the lip line? I never went over the edge of my lip, but on the lower lip the skin between my lip line and the crease of my chin also seems to be plumped (well, swollen is more like it)and at this point I am not liking my profile with plumped lips at all.

The stinging sensation is basically gone now (after about 10 mins) but I am curious to know what happens to other people when they put a plumping cream on.

Rolling Eyes I feel like such a dork asking this since everyone raves on about lip plumping here .. Embarassed but I have never been brave enough to give up my lip's virginity till tonight. Laughing
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 14, 2006 6:33 am      Reply with quote
Sorry for hijacking your thread, Tiger_tim, but...has anyone tried the “Too Faced Intensive Lip Plumping Mask?” I requested a sample of it from Sephora as part of my three, free samples with every online order, but I haven't received it yet and wondered if anyone else had tried it...?

BTW, no, it’s not normal to experience plumping OUTSIDE the perimeter of your lips. This typically only happens if the plumping gloss is accidentally applied outside the border, or otherwise “bleeds” over. When this happens, the results is typically reddened and inflamed looking skin around the perimeter of your mouth, which – as you said – isn’t very attractive looking!

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 14, 2006 6:35 am      Reply with quote
sounds scary if you ask me. The only lipplumping I've ever tried was my girlfriends Lip Venom - did not like the feel of the stuff.

Location: Denmark. Me = 32, think I'm combo without oiliness + sometimes sensitive. Have noticed that skin doesn't heal as quickly anymore and I've developed fine lines around my eyes... Hormonal breakouts which are sometimes cystic. PCOS
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 14, 2006 6:40 am      Reply with quote
Ruth wrote:
sounds scary if you ask me. The only lipplumping I've ever tried was my girlfriends Lip Venom - did not like the feel of the stuff.
Yes, most topical lip plumpers contain "irritant" ingredients such as cinnamon, spearmint, peppermint, menthol and/or clove essential oils or capsician (aka "cayenne pepper") which redden and inflame the delicate lip tissue. Lip Injection and Lip Venom are both illustrations of this. The only non-irritant lip plumper that I have personally ever tried (that actually works) would be the original LipFusion. Even LipFusion decided to go the way of irritant ingredients with their "XL" version which includes peppermint or wintergreen (one of the mint EOs)....

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 14, 2006 9:24 am      Reply with quote
Hi carekate!

I actually did buy the Too Faced Lip Plumping Mask last weekend at ULTA...simply because I was intrigued by the concept of a mask for your lips. And God knows I've tried every other plumper, so why not this one? Laughing

Anyway, I know that plumpers are hit and miss...not everything works for everyone. But I have to say that I do like this product! It tingles a bit when you put it on, and I did feel a sort of "pulsing" in my lips as it dried (left it on for 10 minutes). When I washed it off, my lips were plumper and had a nice rosy glow. They also felt hydrated and smooth, which was cool. Also what I liked about this mask is that I could get plump lips and not have to necessarily wear a plumping gloss...sometimes I like just a lip stain (that Vincent Longo stuff you raved about is outstanding...have Baby Boo and plan to get Liquid Kiss next time out).

Lastly, you get a ton of product. Someone else here (I apologize I forgot the name! Embarassed )posted that it would take forever to use it all, and she was right! You really don't need much...

Okay...sorry to ramble, but hope this helps!

Mary Laughing
Candy8865
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 15, 2006 12:34 am      Reply with quote
That would be me who said the stuff will last forever...

Anyway, my offer still stands. To anyone wanting to try this mask I'll happily ship you a sample, you pay only postage. I know Carrie - I can hear you....return it. I'm too busy and more honestly lazy to drive all the way out to Oak Brook to return the stuff.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 15, 2006 6:52 am      Reply with quote
Candy8865 wrote:
Anyway, my offer still stands. To anyone wanting to try this mask I'll happily ship you a sample, you pay only postage.
If it turns out that I like this stuff once I’ve received my samples from Sephora, I might just have to make you an offer to take it off your hands! So, Candy, I’m taking it that this means that you’ve posted about this lip mask stuff in another thread? Would you happen to have the link or the name of the topic you can point me to so I can read more about it?

TIA!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 12, 2011 4:23 am      Reply with quote
I just purchased two lip plumping products from Too Faced: Lip Injection Extreme, and Lip Injection Serum. I have not tried the lip serum yet but loved the lip gloss. If you apply the gloss over the lips paying extra attention to the edge it defines the border and makes them look gorgeous... LOVE IT! I also realize this thread is way old but am loving this product Very Happy

AGE: 25. Some laxity, fine lines, rosacea, and crepey skin. USING: Tripollar STOP, Lightstim, Slendertone Face, Microcurrent Wand, Almighty Ultrasound Device, Olay Cleansing Brush, Neck Line Slimmer. Retin-A, MUAC peels, and taking beauty supplements. Botox eyebrow lift and HG lip products are Too Faced.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:21 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |