Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
Eye area in winter months
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
chunlisa
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 15, 2004 9:20 am      Reply with quote
Hi all,

I need recommendations on a good eye moisturizer. When it's 18 below zero outside, the only exposed area of my body is my eye area and the outer corners of my eyes are really feeling icky --dry, stinging-type feeling. I don't know what to use cuz I usually don't use eye moisturizers or anything.

PLEASE help . . . it's cold and my eyes need something!

Thanks!
Lisa
Caspers Mum

Thu Jan 15, 2004 11:47 am      Reply with quote
Have no fear, Casper's Mum is here! Ta-daaaaaaaaa!Very Happy And do I have a solution for you, girlfriend!

Dr. Renaud has a great deal on-sale right now: $49 for the Eye Contour Treatment Set, which includes the Eye Contour Creme & Elastin-Collagen Creme Mask! A couple of other options: Cellcosmet Eye Contour Creme, Primacy Eye Balm, or the Sothys Active Contour Promotion 1.
chunlisa
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 15, 2004 3:49 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Casper's Mum!!!!!

One more question, though: Can you advise on which of the products are more moisturizing? I'm not really looking towards anti-wrinkle as I don't want to desensitive my skin for later products. Barbara Portno very logically told me that using anti-wrinkle products at a young age will work against me later -- i.e. the products won't work anymore since my skin is already used to it.

I'm really looking for a moisturizer (maybe energizer, too) ...

Thanks for all your advice!
Lisa
Mabsy

Thu Jan 15, 2004 6:14 pm      Reply with quote
Lisa,

As predictable as this will sound, I'm recommending the Cellcosmet Eye Contour Cream Smile But, from what I remember from Poland, apparently in winter you are supposed to use heavier creams with less water/moisture content (due to the whole physics water freezing thing Smile). So to me that means the thicker the texture the better (and the runnier the texture the more water content; not quite sure if this is right though). If we go by that rule however, then I think the Murad Essential-C with SPF15 would be a good one or the Shiseido Benefiance Eye Cream which is a really thick cream.

HTH.
alohagirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 16, 2004 1:13 am      Reply with quote
If I may put in my 2 cents...

That dry, stinging feeling on the outer corners can also be caused by eye makeup removers. So if you're using one, it could be aggravating the problem.Surprised
chunlisa
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 16, 2004 9:28 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Alohagirl!

I've been using the same eye make-up remover for years now so I know that's not the problem. The weather here hasn't been this bad since 1957 (30 below zero) so I definitely think that the dry, cold weather is causing the dryness and stinging. Sigh . . . what's a girl to do when she can't control the weather? Ha ha ha.

Lisa
alohagirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 16, 2004 10:21 pm      Reply with quote
Lisa,
My weather is bizarre too, so if you figure out how to control it, please let me know. Heavy rains keep flooding my yard and garage, and I am SO SICK OF MUD!!Mad

But wait, that gives me an idea! Maybe I can bottle it and sell it as a facial treatment.

SACRED HAWAIIAN MUD MASK--ANCIENT HAWAIIAN SECRET ($100 a jar!)Very Happy
summertimegirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 17, 2004 5:27 am      Reply with quote
Alohagirl, that's hilarious haha!:P Add some herbal scents and you could be onto something!! I hope the rain lifts for you soon as I know how the weather affects me to an extent-- a week of rain gets on my nerves, two weeks drives me INSANE!! Mad

Lisa, I was watching the Today show when I was on nightshift and it looked FREEZING over there in the East coast!! I hope you are nicely rugged up and hope you find an eye cream that goes on like a soft woollen scarf for your eyes. Smile

Keep warm,

Summertimegirl
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:55 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |