Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

:: Review :: Yonka Gel Nettoyant-Cleansing Gel
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Seaera
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 15, 2004 9:36 am      Reply with quote
I actually submitted this review a couple of days ago but for some reason it never posted, so here it goes again! Smile

I purchased this back in November after all the terrific, glowing reviews on this board. I must admit, I have always been a drugstore cleanser type of girl. I just couldn't fathom paying big bucks to cleanse! Anyhow, I finally bit the bullet and decided to try it out.
Well, I'm definitely hooked! I love the smell (which is a big bonus for me) and it leaves my skin nice and clean feeling, but not tight and dry. I'd definitely repurchase this again! Very Happy
System
Automatic Message
The above post is a review of the following product available at EDS:
Yonka Gel Nettoyant Cleansing Gel (200 ml / 6.76 floz)
Yonka Gel Nettoyant Cleansing Gel (200 ml / 6.76 floz)

Yonka Gel Nettoyant Cleanser is a 2-in-1 foamy gel formulation that cleanses while removing eye makeup. This cleanser not only improves complexion, but also enhances skin suppleness for a rejuvenated appeal.

Mabsy

Thu Jan 15, 2004 6:24 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Seaera,

Glad you like this Smile I like the fact that this does not sting my eyes at all.

Hey, does it smell like Geranium to you?

M.
Seaera
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 16, 2004 10:00 am      Reply with quote
LOL! To be quite honest...I'm not exactly sure what geraniums smell like, but yeah, it does have a kind of floral scent to it. I've been just sniffing the bottle trying to identify exactly what it smells like to me and I'd have to say a floral/grapefruity/clean scent. Anyhow, whatever it is, it smells wonderful! Very Happy
summertimegirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 17, 2004 1:58 am      Reply with quote
Hi Seaera and Mabsy,

The scent description sounds nice, what about the cleansing part, does this one foam up a little? You know what a sucker I am for French products and the Yonka cleansers have always been ones that I've been interested to try. I'm on my second tube of the Phytomer Cream cleanser and it's the only one I use at the moment.... I was thinking of alternating it with a foaming one for that-time-of-month oilier period or for when I'm congested from eating chocolates and fried foods, in other words been BAD! Mad

Is this cleanser OK for normal/ dry combo skin?

Thanks !
Summertimegirl
Seaera
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 17, 2004 9:45 am      Reply with quote
Hi there!
It foams but very, very minimal-ly (is that a word? LOL!). I have combo skin but it leans to more normal to oily rather than normal to dry. It never leaves my face feeling tight after using (which a lot of gel type cleansers tend to do).
I can't really say if it would suit your skin type or not...maybe Mabsy would have more info! But since you mentioned you wanted it for your 'oiler' times, I would guess it would be very suitable. You could try requesting a sample of it to see if you like it or not. Good luck! Smile
chunlisa
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 17, 2004 1:41 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Summertimegirl! Smile

Yonka-girl here to let you in on the ups and downs of the gel nettoyant. Well, no downs but definitely a lot of ups!

I would presume that the gel nettoyant is perfectly suitable for normal skin conditions -- even dry skin conditions. Is your skin sensitive at all? I believe most sensitive skin-types would prefer the lait nettoyant since it has a milky texture. Personally, the lait nettoyant seems to leave a "film" on my face after rinsing. I really don't like it as much as the gel nettoyant.

The gel nettoyant does not foam up as much as you would expect -- BUT it rubs on very very smoothly. It's a light blue texture and you only need a little bit and it spreads very smoothly over your face. It's not like typical gel cleansers that are thick in texture . . . a little like "glue" texture. The gel nettoyant is VERY light and very soothing. I sometimes just stand there and wash my face for 3 minutes just to enjoy the texture of the cleanser (not to mention the great scent).

Is there a reason you're looking for a more foamy cleanser? I guess you're used to using non-foaming cleansers . . . like milky products? If anything, please don't turn down Yonka Gel Nettoyant just because it doesn't foam as much as you want it to -- because you will really fall in love with its scent and texture. I have not yet found another gel cleanser with this same type of texture -- it's really a grand product by Yonka.

I have oily skin and the product works great with my skin. However, with the -30 degree weather these days, my skin has turned really really dry (ie: my skin turns a different color when I put water on it -- that's how dry my skin is; not to worry, I am constantly moisturizing). Even with the dryness, the gel nettoyant is still ultra-soothing. It doesn't dry out my skin and leave the tight feeling. I think the dryness these days is from the extreme weather and my usual benzoyl peroxide acne products.

Hope this helps!
Lisa
summertimegirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 18, 2004 7:28 am      Reply with quote
Thanks you guys! for clarifying re the Yonka Gel Nettoyant and Lisa, you are so thorough-- this info is exactly what I was looking/ hoping for!! I don't like thick 'gluey' consistencies in a cleanser as they're too stripping and definitely NOT ones that foam up to a detergent-ny froth...to give you an idea, I don't mind the minute baby foams in the Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant. Wink

I'm used to more of a cream cleanser, not really the milky kind, but thanks Lisa for mentioning the 'film' with the milk one-- is that because it is tissued off, not washed off? I have normal/dry combination skin and I've found the cream cleansers work nicely but I want to alternate to a light cleanser on my oily congested days and the gel nettoyant sounds perfect-- nice and soothing, and more importantly for me, no 'tight' feel afterwards.

Thanks again!

Summertimegirl Very Happy
moonshadow
5% products discount

Tue Jan 15, 2008 8:27 pm      Reply with quote
I like this cleansing gel and it smells fresh.
Yen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 16, 2008 6:30 pm      Reply with quote
moonshadow wrote:
I like this cleansing gel and it smells fresh.

I totally agree and it doesn't make your skin feel dry. Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 17, 2008 8:04 am      Reply with quote
Does anyone know the pH of it?

46, curly dk blonde hair, fair, blue eyes, very oily T-zone. HGs: Tazorac .05% gel; Avene/Bioderma s/s (very high spf AND ppd); Cellbone vit Cie 20%; Cellbone Hyperpeptides; IFP 5% bha/10% aha; Obagi Clear; 'curly girl' method (no poo, just co wash) for my 3b curls.
gracedhy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:05 pm      Reply with quote
I just got a sample from EDS, the first time I used it, I found it is a bit dry after cleansing, compared to Dr.H cream.
simran
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 17, 2008 2:18 am      Reply with quote
i have used this full sized product before as well........and yes it cleans quite well. Also true about the very minimal foaming action.........at the moment i am using a milk cleanser from phytomer but i may go back to this some time.......just im always keen and curious to try new things and thought a milk cleanser would be a better option for drying winter months

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 18, 2008 2:19 pm      Reply with quote
I love this cleanser along with the toner. I've used some of the other products from the Yonka line but none of them worked for my skin apart for the cleanser and toner. Though I have to say I found the Cellcosmet Gel Cleanser removed my makeup more efficiently than the Yonka, but the smell is heavenly!
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:07 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |