Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Hauschka Product review
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
mixCD
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 09, 2006 10:04 pm      Reply with quote
Well its been 2 to 3 weeks since i've using the Dr Hauschka Cleansing cream and Dr Hauschka Facial Toner. I sometimes use the moisturizer in the daytime. So far as i said before at first i purged and then it went away. Now my skin is getting smoother I breakout less and my blemishes are somewhat fading.. But im not completely clear all the way. I will say that i went from lets say 65% to 75-83% clearer. Meaning less breakouts smoother skin, less blemishes, etc..I am though happy with how my skin is looking..

Right now i have a slight problem on my jaw bone area of both sides.. It seems that i cannot get that area clear. I have minor blemishes and pimples there.. Not alot but some.

I read here that Dr Hauschka cleansing cream should be used after a cleanser and that it shouldnt be used alone or it wasnt designed to be used alone. Wondering if anybody used another cleanser before the Dr Hauschka CC?

Let me know what i can do.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 09, 2006 10:10 pm      Reply with quote
Hi,
I've posted about this before (around August 05, when I started using Dr. Hauschka)...but this is the reason I stopped using Dr. H. It broke me out in horrible cysts along jawline on both sides.

This is the only time I've ever had that kind of cystic pimples in my life, and now I have scars from that "accident". Once I stopped using Dr. H, they slowly went away. I was majorly freaked out. By the way, they also started for me as small pimples at first. The upper part of the face looked great, though.

I can't use home-made Dr. H cleansing cream either, it irritates those scars and they become like red bumps again. I don't know what it is, maybe the almond meal or some essential oil.
mixCD
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 09, 2006 10:12 pm      Reply with quote
pumaka wrote:
Hi,
I've posted about this before (around August 05, when I started using Dr. Hauschka)...but this is the reason I stopped using Dr. H. It broke me out in horrible cysts along jawline on both sides.

This is the only time I've ever had that kind of cystic pimples in my life, and now I have scars from that "accident". Once I stopped using Dr. H, they slowly went away. I was majorly freaked out. By the way, they also started for me as small pimples at first. The upper part of the face looked great, though.

I can't use home-made Dr. H cleansing cream either, it irritates those scars and they become like red bumps again. I don't know what it is, maybe the almond meal or some essential oil.

Yea i see im not purging anymore.. It doesnt look horrible its just regular pimples.. just a few..But i know how you feel.. I had that problem with Murad Acne Complex oh man was that a major purge.. I hated it...

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 09, 2006 10:26 pm      Reply with quote
I don't think every irritation from cosmetics is necessarily a purge, it could just be a bad reaction. I don't think my skin was so congested as to cause huge cystic bumps. I was very persistent, though, believing it was a purge and kept using Dr. H stuff for 2-3 months.

Not sure I believe in the whole "purging" idea. Is it a proven fact? Someone, please tell me. Maybe skin adjusting (not purging), that I can believe. But how much damage are you willing to take before skin adjusts, if it ever does? After that incident I don't have much patience with cosmetics Smile and at the first sign of irritation I discontinue use. I'm actually using very few topical things at the moment (mostly stressing supplements) and my skin is the best it's been in a few years.
Mabsy

Fri Mar 10, 2006 5:32 am      Reply with quote
Pumaka - I agree with your point about not all breakouts being "purging", I am pretty sure that what I had with the Dr H was definitely purging (as I was seeing some under skin bumps and larger pores convert to little bubbles or puss (gross, sorry!) or little pimples on the skin and also some pimples I didn't expect). Some breakouts could be the skin adjusting and some can be the skin basically saying "oh no, I don't think so!".

mixCD - absolutely, you are supposed to use a cleanser before you use the Cleansing Cream.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 10, 2006 8:58 am      Reply with quote
Yes, I have pimples on jaw line and use DR H CC - not sure if it's related! Have white 'lumps' that are very hard and won't squeeze and won't go away - what are they??! Embarassed I use DH cleansing milk first which is nice. Have found that Epi-derm microdermabrasion cream works well to help lumps and bumps - but totally against the DR H philosophy of preserving acid mantle - very troubling to know what to do for the best!
mixCD
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 10, 2006 10:38 am      Reply with quote
Does DR H have a cleanser i can use before the cleansing cream?

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 10, 2006 11:33 am      Reply with quote
Yes - they have a cleansing milk which they recommend you use to remove all makeup before applying the cleansing cream.
mixCD
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 10, 2006 4:39 pm      Reply with quote
^^well im a guy so...i dont wear makeup..lol...

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 14, 2006 7:53 pm      Reply with quote
well since i already pass the purging process if i start using the milk cleanser along with the CC and facial toner will i go through some purge again?

Cause im gonnna order some soon...

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 14, 2006 7:57 pm      Reply with quote
another thing.. would useing the cleansing milk before the Cleansing cream be too much cleaning? just wondering..

also whats the difference between the Facial Toner and clarifying Toner..

My skin is acne prone and can break out sometimes and have blemishes that take so long to disapear.. Which you think would be best? Although the Facial Toner is somewhat good.. Would Clarifying toner be better..

know what I mean

Wed Mar 15, 2006 1:18 am      Reply with quote
mixCD wrote:
another thing.. would useing the cleansing milk before the Cleansing cream be too much cleaning? just wondering..

Pls see my reply to your question here: http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?p=88461#88461

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 04, 2008 2:14 pm      Reply with quote
I find it strange since I use the Dr.Hauschka's cleansing cream. Prior to using it my skin was going through a phase. However, the cleansing cream put a stop to that phase. I didn't experience any purging. My skin feels calmer, smoother, and I noticeably have less pimples after using the CC. I guess everyone's skin reacts differently? In addition, I think people break out when toxins are released from the skin. The skin breaks out when it is not use to natural products.

I sometimes use the CC alone or with another cleanser. I just purchased the Castile cleanser by PSF. I read the full ingredients on this other site and it is detergent, paraben, sodium laureth sulphate free. WOOHOO.
apple886
5% products discount

Thu Aug 07, 2008 7:13 pm      Reply with quote
Love it...it absorbs very fast...sometimes if my skin is too dry...i spray abit more on my face and it improves alot...love the slight rose smell. I have tried different brands toner but still find it the best!
sgresnic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 08, 2008 8:40 am      Reply with quote
I used the Dr. H line for a few months and thought it did good things for my oily acne prone skin, except for the CC. I'm not sure about it - I was using the CC daily, but then became suspicious that it wasn't helping the acne. The toner is fine (although I'm not sure what it actually accomplishes) and I really like the normalizing day oil. I've since switched to PSF Papaya Cleansing gel (the Castille is too drying for me, and I'm not crazy about the Green Tea) and I use their clarifying toner - it has that colloidal silver I read about somewhere here. I've been using the two together so I can't be sure which did the trick but my skin is even better than it was with Dr. H. I'm a day or two away from finishing the Dr. H. normalizing oil and then I'm switching to the PSF oil, so I'll be able to report on that....

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 08, 2008 8:49 am      Reply with quote
Hauschka was great in the beginning, I thought I was doing something really gentle and good for my skin.

Then my skin got really dry, broke out...and just like...not healthy looking.

There are a lot of essential oils in the product, and I guess I was sensitive.

However there is St. John's Wort and it is highly phototoxic, so be aware of that. The lip balm did make some pigmentation marks on my lips worse...
sgresnic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 08, 2008 8:53 am      Reply with quote
forgot to mention - the PSF acne mud has definitely become my HG. Salicylic acid makes me break out, so pretty much none of the standard acne products help me. I use this every night on my chin and around my mouth, the places where I am prone to breakouts. I am seeing much less acne than I used to. It is drying, but it's completely worth the slight dryness to have much less acne.

Sat Aug 21, 2010 2:03 pm      Reply with quote
I have been using Mr. Hauschka for two weeks and the difference is visible to my sons and friends. I have acne prone skin for a lifetime. I was on accutane when I was in my 30's for 3 full runs and loved it! I wished I could never stop. But not allowed. I had my children before I ever started the medication. Well, now my skin is still oily much of the time. My eyes are beginning to wrinkle some. After going through a divorce the wrinkles became severe for a period of time. The Revitalizing Eye Cream reversed this! The Regenerating Serum reversed some of the skin wrinkles on forehead. I use scant bits of Moisturizing Day Cream only so I can apply Benzoyl Peroxide as i will likely do until I die. I still use either plain Softsoap and something to exfoliate daily....yes daily.
Witch hazel as a toner and nothing else. Then Dr. Hauschka is awesome!!! I'm so happy to find something that actually works for the first time in my life! I thought I would forever read all the false advertising and wish....but not any more. Yea!

Sun Jul 31, 2011 1:47 pm      Reply with quote
ugggh help me! I switched to all of dr.hauschka's products back in may and have followed their instructions to a T! My face hurts so much now from the huge breakouts along my chin and around my mouth...its so painful, ive never had this..

I switched from proactive because i wanted to use natural products and heard such great things about dr. hauschka and fell in love with their philosophy..

Since its been over a couple months, im really doubting the products for acne control...any thoughts on what I should do? Ive already incorporated probiotics to support clearer skin, and more...im so frustrated and now its physically painful Sad

Also I noticed when I apply makeup now, my skin looks horrible after applying makeup when before it was so smooth. I don't want to go back to proactive...any thoughts?

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 31, 2011 1:50 pm      Reply with quote
Beelove, see my post at the beginning of the thread. You seem to be having a reaction similar to mine. I'd discontinue Dr. H immediately. Several years later I still have scars from that horrific episode, although they're fading.
BEElove

Sun Jul 31, 2011 1:55 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you pumaka! I just spent soo much money on more refills Sad but id rather cure the problem!

Thanks, so what do you use now?

Smile appreciate your advice!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 31, 2011 2:06 pm      Reply with quote
I now use Decleor and that's what fixed my skin after Dr. H back then.

After getting the skin under control, I got bored and started looking around, trying other stuff but it seemed to be gradually getting worse.

I'm back on mostly Decleor again, and couldn't be happier. Of course, I use a few select products from other lines.

And I'm super careful before buying anything now. You can get testers or travel size products for most things.

What skin type are you? and (natural) eye/hair color?
BEElove

Sun Jul 31, 2011 2:10 pm      Reply with quote
Thats so funny because I was just looking at decleor again because the girl who did my pedicure at the spa I went to uses it to control her acne...

Thats so neat to hear it works for you!

My natural hair colour is dark brown, and I have fair, acne/oily skin with blue/grey eyes...

I was also looking into dr. alkaitis...looks really pure..but my skin is difficult..

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 31, 2011 2:34 pm      Reply with quote
I'm fair with normal/sensitive skin, slightly oily T-zone.

Try before you buy Decleor. They're usually generous with samples, and their travel kits are great.
pumaka
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 31, 2011 2:36 pm      Reply with quote
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?p=112633&highlight=balm+cystic#112633
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:34 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |