Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Sensitive, dry, oily skincare advice
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
willawilla

Thu Jan 15, 2004 8:10 pm      Reply with quote
I've had light acne for many years now, and recently it became more moderate. I went to a dermatologist and he put me on aknemycine (a topical antibiotic) and 100mg of doxycycline twice a day.

See, the problem is my skin is very, very sensitive. I'm naturally quite pale (although I do tan) and even 5% benzoyl peroxide causes redness.

Well, I've been using the antibiotics for 2 months now and they're gradually working. I have no cysts at all and just the occasional small pimple on my chin. I'd like something with more dramatic results, but I'm not complaining. I mean, nothing worked before. I'll discuss this in my appointment next month, I suppose.

Anyway, on to my question: My skin is dry and oily, if that makes sense. I think it's because I haven't been moisturizing properly (afraid to use any products my derm didn't give me) and my skin is getting dry from the winter weather and making up for it by becoming oily and shiny. The pores in my T-zone are very enlarged (though clean) and when I wear any makeup, my skin gets oily very quickly yet also flakey.

I have a lot of hyperpigmentation from past acne that has yet to fade and also some discoloration around my nose, which is kinda common, I guess.

This is what I want to do though:
1. even out skin
2. moisturize (though I'm oily)
3. exfoliate
4. make pores appear smaller

Keep in mind I need products that aren't harsh.

I thank you in advance for any suggestions. My hope is to be relatively happy with my skin by summer.
khivey

Thu Jan 29, 2004 9:56 am      Reply with quote
your problem sounds a bit similar to mines.

anyways, i can guarantee you the stuff from the doctors is only temporary b/c i've been through all the dermatologists suggestions and only had like a good 2 years of results b4 it goes all to hell again. Right now i'm on Murad acne complex, which is working for me now but I know the results will only be temporary so I've been incorporating other natural skin care products and regimens into it so I can gradually weeze myself off of the Murad. Anyways, I incorporated the Dermalogica Daily Microexfoliant..it is really good w/smoothing out the skin and shrinking my pores. It also has a skin lightening element in it so it is gradually fading my blemishes from previous acne. I have also started giving myself a weekly steam facial w/chamomile tea. That is good for unclogging your pores. I also started drinking a lot of water and tea. As well as taking multi-vitamins b/c I'm sick of taking antibiotics and prescriptions..plus they're not good to take over a long period of time. I've noticed my skin not being very oily and it is smoothed out real good. The blemishes are fading...it's all about patience. Because we have problem skin we have to forever take time to pamper our skin to keep it clean.
I've started incorporating black soap into my regimen as well. it is a natural soap (can be drying ) so you must moisturize. A real good moisturizer is unrefined shea butter. I use the Murad complex kit in the morning and the black soap and shea butter at nite. i eventually want to use the black soap and shea butter morning and nite but b/c i just started on this i'm trying to see how my skin reacts to it. i've heard a lot of good things about it...research the black soap.

well i hope this helps. and yes benzoyl peroxide irritates me as well that is why proactiv was unsuccessful for me ...murad has salicyc acid (spelling) and sulfur. if you did want to try it...it does break you out slightly at first (if it breaks u out more than slightly then it isn't for you) but then it reverses going into the 3rd week. Hope this helps Smile
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 2:21 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |