Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Nothing to do with skin care ...I think.... but I must ask
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
leiladao
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 16, 2004 6:49 pm      Reply with quote
Please teach me, all of you makeup divas:

I have always had problem in using eye curler for the corner lashes. My lashes are also not all at the same length. They are longer at the end of my eyes. When I use eye curler, the centre ones curl up very nicely, but the corner ones either become crooked or just dead down straight. With mascara, they leave funny black spots all the time under the outer corners of my eyes and to have to wipe them off many times a day I'm afraid I'm damaging my skin there. What shoud I do, trim the lashes or skip the mascara over there. Is there any special eye curler for those stubborn lashes...Please share with me your precious tips...Thanks.
summertimegirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 17, 2004 5:05 am      Reply with quote
Hey Leila, firstly please don't trim your lovely outer corner eye lashes as everyone would kill to have those!! People actually buy false eyelashes to make the outer corner ones look longer for that opened DSurprisedE- eyed look so you're V.very lucky to be blessed with them.

I can't live without my eyelash curler as I have dead straight Asian lashes that stubbornly grow downwards. I had to buy two Shus' so I could keep one at home and one that goes with me everywhere in my makeup bag in case I was running late and couldn't curl at home!

Now with the curling, you could be missing the outer eyelashes with the curler as the rubber is not catching the lashes when you're curling. I found with the Shu, there is a bit of a gap at the end where the rubber is inserted. If you just move the rubber to the far left/ right depending on which eye you're curling, you'll find that the outer lashes will be nicely taken care of!! Very HappyVery Happy Have you also tried adding a little bit of heat to the eyelash curler to give the curl double staying power? I give my curler a quick shot of a hair dryer for just a few seconds before curling my eyelashes. Make sure it's just warm enough-- you might want to wave the curler in the air a little to remove some heat, then curl in three sections along your lashes for SUPER CURLY eyelashes.....You could go au natural or dress up with mascara for VAV:oSurprisedM eyes.

Shiseido actually invented an eyelash curler for the outer corner lashes-- it has a tiny curler for the few hairs you're curling and the handle is the same size as a normal curler.....I have to put it to those Japanese girls, they have the most spectacular, perfectly curled eyelashes I have ever seen!! Surprised Wish I knew how they get it so perfect!! If any of you ladies on the forum read this, I'd love to hear about your KNOW-HOWs. Very Happy I haven't got one of these corner-lash babies but have seen them sold on ebay.

I used to get the "fallen mascara" effect on my lower lids but ever since I curled my eyelashes this has stopped. I couldn't live without mascara either.Surprised I think every beauty product has it's 'mate', concealer + concealer brush, eyelash curler + mascara.... Don't you just LOVE being girlie?!

Summertimegirl Wink
leiladao
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 17, 2004 11:45 am      Reply with quote
Summertimegirl,

Guess what I just found: Vincent Longo " La Dolca Vita Lash Tips Kit". If you have time, please check it out and let me know what you think:o. I just need the mini curler. Is Shideido mini curler similar to that? Where can I find one?

Really appreciate your tips of warming up the curler, yet, I'm a bit concerned if heat may dry these fragile lashes. My lashes have the same texture with my hair, I have lots of them but they are super fine and super straight SadSadSad. If I don't curl and put mascara on them, they make my eyes look sad and...sleepy because of their shadows:(SadSad.

It's the truth that I look like this Sad before mascara and like this Wink after.
leiladao
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 17, 2004 2:33 pm      Reply with quote
Forgot to add, yes, Summertimegirl, I'm happy to be a girlie girl.

I love to be busy with silly, trivial, little things.

Facial cream jars, perfume bottles, lip gloss tubes, eye shadow palletes, eyeliner pencils... are my toys.

My friends are always surprised at how many things I have for skin care and makeup in bathroom and they don't mind to let me use them to make them up or pamper them.

Recently, I have become a beauty expert just for passing all the reviews and new knowledge I learned from EDS forum to my friends. I'm also a personal beauty shopper for my family including my mom, my cousins and my aunts. If I could get some commission from EDS, I would be so rich in no time.

I should open a beauty salon. Hee! hee! hee!

summertimegirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 18, 2004 6:38 am      Reply with quote
Leila,

I just had a look at Vincent Longo's La Dolce Vita Lash Tips kit just now-- SEE...told you people pay to have long end lashes like yours! Very HappyVery Happy I also tried to look up the Shiseido Mini eyelash curler too but I couldn't find a link that showed the item to compare the two but it's the same as the Vincent Longo's mini curler, only that it's plastic I believe (from memory on one of the auctions I came across on Ebay). It's less then half the size of a normal curler-- a little more than 1cm in length, and instead of being rounded to spoon the whole socket of our eyes, it's straight and designed especially for those end lashes that seem to elude us!Mad I really think this is the answer for those big opened eyes that those Japanese girls have perfected. I want to get one of the mini curlers too, but I think with the Shiseido one, you can only buy it from Japan, apparently it is only $US6.00 ... Vincent Longo doesn't sell his mini curler individually-- you have to buy the kit for $US45.00 Sad. Nevermind, I will make a special request when my brother's new mother-in-law comes to visit from Japan in June to bring one for me and you! (unless you can't wait and manage to source one!!):P:P

With the heat on the curler-- I know it sounds a little daunting as you think it can't be good in the long run on the delicate eyes, but really I mean that it's 'just' warm enough to create a curl. I picked up this tip in a Vogue beauty special as I love scouring for new make up tips all the time that will improve my technique. Cool I think if your eyes are sensitive, it's probably better not to use the heat technique but maybe hold the curler for a little longer.That works just as well-- patience it the key. Cool My lashes are super fine also, and I wouldn't say theres a lot of them but definitely see new growth coming up all the time. It makes such a difference to curl them and use mascara!!! I don't know if it's an old wives tale or not but my mum once told me that cutting your lashes will make them grow thicker-- I don't know if it's true or not.SurprisedSurprised

As for being a girlie-girl!! Leila, I think you are the consummate Girlie's girl-- I can relate totally though!! hehe! Very Happy I rearranged my beauty 'space' today and was more 'happy' then surprised at all the girlie things I own. I don't think it has anything to do with my star sign line "I possess" it's just sheer joy to have such wonderful things you can play with and good skincare you trust (finally!). You know, I jump at the opportunity to do friend's make-up too, I did my b/f's sister for her Year 10 & Year 12 formal... I love it when they (shakily) put themselves in your hands for make-overs, it's exciting for them and so fun for you!!

Leila, you should definitely think about having a beauty salon one day, you would be in your ELEMENT as you love taking care of people and pampering them!! Surprised I think if it's something that you have a flair for-- maybe it's your true 'calling'.Very HappyVery HappyVery Happy

Summertimegirl
zazu
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 18, 2004 3:02 pm      Reply with quote
Hey there - last night I realized for the first time that my INSIDE lashes don't curl with the curler or really get any mascara on them. I tried using the tip of the mascara, but then they just kind of stuck out straight. It's not just one lash or else I wouldn't even notice. But it's enough that when I dabbed them with the wand I felt like my eyes looked really different in a good way. I wonder if that tiny curler would work here, or if it is just too delicate a spot to do anything about.
Thoughts?
leiladao
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 18, 2004 6:15 pm      Reply with quote
Hello Zazu! Welcome to the forum!

I think the mini curler is for "corner lashes" both inside and outer :P. Your last night discovery reminded me of a Covergirl Mascara ad that says it will help you to discover those lashes you didn't know that you have. Well, a funny thought, I know exactly how many lashes I have, it's just that I don't know how to show them off...Hee! Hee! And I'm still on my search for a perfect mini curler.
Mabsy

Sun Jan 18, 2004 10:09 pm      Reply with quote
Leila,

Well, the first solution would be to get a heated curler, these don't have the clasps e.g. have a look at the third one on the list here: http://www.japonesque.com/products.php?item=ta_full.

But, seeing as you're worried about damaging your lashes with the heat (I'm still not sure about this - I guess I'll find out sooner or later :P), you could just get a precision curler that allows you to curl section by section. e.g. first and third one on this list: http://www.japonesque.com/products.php?item=ta_precision.

HTH Smile
leiladao
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 18, 2004 10:30 pm      Reply with quote
THANK YOU, MABSY!

You are a real Genius. You are a real God-sent Angel. What else can I say?
Very HappyVery HappyVery Happy
jenny
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 19, 2004 2:10 am      Reply with quote
Hello Mabsy

I agree with Leila - you are a genius! Your knowledge about girlie stuff is impressive.

Hats off to you!
;)Jenny
Mabsy

Wed Jan 21, 2004 7:31 pm      Reply with quote
LOL, no I think it just simply points out that I spend WAY too much time on the Internet Smile

Btw, I found Japonesque stuff because I was looking for a makeup train case. I absolutely LOVE the Japonesque cases. But they are so expensive and it would cost heaps to get it to Australia even if I decided to splurge and buy one Sad
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:06 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |