Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml)
For oily gals: what do you use to help control oily skin ??
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
melodie012

Sun Mar 12, 2006 9:09 pm      Reply with quote
And normalize your skin??
bi1002

Sun Mar 12, 2006 9:53 pm      Reply with quote
I have really oily skin and there hasn't been anything that i have found to permanently normalize it yet. I think it really has to do with your diet and hormones. Topically, I use OC8 , which is available only at some derm's places or you can order it from Boot's in the UK. This is the only thing that I have used that has really worked to control oil and shine for more than 4 hours. You can go onwww.oc8.com to find out more info. Hope this helps Wink
Mabsy

Sun Mar 12, 2006 11:17 pm      Reply with quote
There have been good reports about Decleor's Ylang Ylang oil (and/or balm) for controlling oil production. If you do a search you should be able to find some reviews. HTH

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 13, 2006 12:36 am      Reply with quote
I haven't tried it yet but based on their information, I think the new PSF Balancing Oil would work very well on oily skin and help to normalise it.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 13, 2006 2:27 am      Reply with quote
For me I think finding the correct skincare regime is essential for controlling oily skin.
This is what I have found to be the most effective:

Cleanser:
Dr Hauschka Cleansing Cream or homemade version

Toner:
Witch Hazel

Moisturiser:
Jojoba Oil or Dr Hauschka Normalising Day Oil or Grapeseed Oil

I do profess to liking the Decleor Neroli Aromaessence at night, I had a sample of this.

Mask:
Dr Hauschka Rejuvenating Face Mask.
Dr Hauschka Clay Mask, Dermalogica Clay Cleanser

My skin is normal now, I very rerely had oily outbreaks during the day.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 13, 2006 6:12 am      Reply with quote
My skin was assisted from Oily to "normal" with OCM.

However, I know that Carekate has, as she puts it "uber oily" skin ... and she controls her oily skin with Milk of Magnesia. She uses a thin coating of Milk of Magnesia as a makeup primer.

I don't know how long this lasts on her face, but I suspect that it's effective for quite a long time.

Milk of Magnesia is simply magnesium with water, by the way ...

Milk of Magnesia makes a great facial mask when applied more heavily ... and it's a great assist in drying out of pimples etc.

Hope this helps.

Mary

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 13, 2006 9:20 am      Reply with quote
I'm finding that periodic use of the following, as a supplements to my regular routine, seems to be keeping my oilies under control: aspirin masks, washings with Neutrogena's oil-free foaming acne cleanser, and exfoliating with Neutrogena's microdermabrasion kit (the hand-held thing).
I'm almost to the point where I'd call my skin "normal" rather than "combination." We'll see what the spring and summer bring, however!

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 13, 2006 8:16 pm      Reply with quote
I've tried samples of Anne Marie Borlind for combination skin and this stuff is really great for oily skin. It leaves your skin with a very matte finish. It's really wild to me the way it does this. This is the only product I've ever tried where my skin actually looks better after I wash it than before. The sample pack I got comes with cleansing gel, toner and day and night creams. You can get samples at most health food stores that carry this line. Very Happy
indianT
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 13, 2006 9:11 pm      Reply with quote
I agree with Mabsy

Without a doubt Decleor's Ylang Ylang oil . I only use it at night. And the blam not very often. Great combo for summertime and in winter you may not need it much.

this does the job for me and I really really use to have oily skin.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 14, 2006 5:45 am      Reply with quote
You can find all the tricks I use to control my oily skin detailed at this link: http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=7244&highlight=battle+plan

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 15, 2006 5:08 pm      Reply with quote
I've been oily for years. But my skin actually seems to be normal these days, maybe not perfectly normal, but better than it has been.

I've been using OCM and also the ACV Toner. I just started the Homemade Dr H CC and not sure if this is actually giving me blackheads or not.

I also try to use an Aspirin Mask at least once a week too.

BTW, I found EVOO in the OCM was too rich for my skin. I switched to Grapeseed Oil and it's working much better. I will get some jojoba soon and try that too as a treat.

Kylie
donnababe
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 15, 2006 7:31 pm      Reply with quote
I found the only thing to help my oily skin was menopause....guess there was something good about it after all. Laughing
amnis
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 15, 2006 9:24 pm      Reply with quote
My homemade Decleor ylang-ylang aromaessence and the use of Tazorac has helped reduce my oiliness by 30-40%. Just enough that I don't get too exasperated.

early-mid 30s || oily-combination, sensitive & acne-prone skin || mild breakouts (Aczone helps a lot) || occasional eczema rashes || fine lines around eyes || very dark under eye cirlces- concealer a must || very fair neutral-warm complexion, blue eyes, blonde hair
jehjahlu
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 17, 2006 12:54 pm      Reply with quote
I used to use Clean and Clear salycilic acid gel along with aloe vera over the top of it. It's too drying for my skin now, but it worked great for oily skin and breakouts. Also retinol serums can help with oiliness and breakouts.
Rachael
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 19, 2006 11:56 am      Reply with quote
There's a product by Cosmetics A La Carte called Matte Miracle which I find quite good for controlling oiliness. You use it after moisturiser but before make up. I got mine from QVC (in the UK), not sure where else stocks it though.
Yen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 08, 2006 3:39 pm      Reply with quote
The only product that controlled my super oily skin is Cellex-C Sea Silk Moisturizer. I don't have to do as many touch-ups with my makeup now. Smile
jenny.granger

Sat Jul 08, 2006 8:20 pm      Reply with quote
For the last few months, I've been using products by Ada Gaffney Shaff. Plain and simple...they're great. And they aren't as expensive as some of the other products I've tried. They sell a package of products that's specifically for Oily skin. It includes Glycerin Soap, Oil Blotting Lotion, Revitalizing Creme, and Marine Mint Masque. I don't think I'll be shopping around anymore. Just do a google search for Ada Gaffney Shaff. I think it's the first site that comes up.
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 08, 2006 8:46 pm      Reply with quote
There have been a lot of great suggestions so far. The only thing I would add is Jurlique's Rost Silk Dust. This stuff is AMAZING and keeps me shine-free for hours--- I sometimes even wear it at night!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 08, 2006 11:35 pm      Reply with quote
starkers wrote:
I've been oily for years. But my skin actually seems to be normal these days, maybe not perfectly normal, but better than it has been.

I've been using OCM and also the ACV Toner. I just started the Homemade Dr H CC and not sure if this is actually giving me blackheads or not.

I also try to use an Aspirin Mask at least once a week too.

BTW, I found EVOO in the OCM was too rich for my skin. I switched to Grapeseed Oil and it's working much better. I will get some jojoba soon and try that too as a treat.

Kylie

What is the ACV toner??? I've heard alot of people mention this....

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 09, 2006 4:45 pm      Reply with quote
Um, I figured out what the ACV toner was... Rolling Eyes

silly me.

No worries! I'm all informed now... Laughing

I'm slow sometimes!

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 10, 2006 10:24 am      Reply with quote
i use skinceuticals b5 gel to make my skin more watery. it think if my skin got enough water, then oil can be less.

so far, i tired about a month. it really works.
ellyp
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 10, 2006 4:04 pm      Reply with quote
One thing I just recently learned this past spring is that I was over exfoliating manually. It was causing my skin to overcompensate with more oil. Once I switched to chemical exfoliation with AHAs, it helped quite a bit. Then, when I incorporated OCM and Dr. H's Normalizing Oil (or rose hip seed oil or, now, DIY Ylang Ylang Oil), I no longer have many problems with oil and my acne is pretty much gone. Unheard of for me! Who would have thought cleansing with oil and putting oil on my face would cause my acne to get better????
MargefromTN

Fri Jun 27, 2008 8:55 pm      Reply with quote
Melissa Hydrosol is a wonderful toner for oily skin...seems to blot the oil right up. And the scent is wonderful...bright and lemony.
Artic_Mama
5% products discount

Sat Jun 28, 2008 3:50 am      Reply with quote
My skin isn't naturally oily, but I definitely noticed the harsher the cleansers or chemical treatments the more oily, splotchy, and broken out I would get. My most normalized (not oily and not dry) my face has been is with the OCM. Even now, I haven't washed my face in maybe 14 hours and my T-zone isn't the least bit shiny!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 29, 2008 7:16 am      Reply with quote
Oily skin oh yes, I still have oily skin, but it is so much less now that I figured out I need to STOP stimulating the oil production. I am not joking when I said I could wash my face and 10 minutes later I could run my finger across my face and have oil all over my face. I used to have to blot my face 15 times a day. Any type of makeup would just slide off my face and make it look horrible. So this is what I discovered. I kept trying to find products to dry the oil up. Harsh products, creams, sprays whatever to try to dry it up. What I found out was I was creating more oil by doing this. I was drying my skin (underneath) and did not even realize it. Therefore it was trying to produce more oil. So I stopped all the drying products, and balanced my skin. Now, I only have a little oil, when I am out in the sun and now only blot about once a day. I wake up in the am with no oil slicks. I use Neutrogena nigh cream with retinol and it really helps my skin. Try relaxing on the harsh products and only treating your problem areas with a pimple cream or other product that dries them up. I also use Clean and Clear Persa Gel, I put it on my pimples with a small brush. I just dab it on. That way the rest of my skin does not get the product on it to cause overproduction of oils.

Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:34 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |