Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

L'Occitane Reviews and others...
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Olivia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 13, 2006 11:02 am      Reply with quote
Reviews...Lots.
I have finally gotten my milia outbreak under control (by exfoliating and using Proactive if one gets infected) so I am on a quest to find products that work for my skin but wont cause another outbreak. I recently fell in love with L'Occitane shampoo and conditioner so while I was there I asked for some samples of their skin care. The clerk was VERY generous with the samples so I have been using a couple of their lines for a few days each. I also bought the book "The Skin Type Solution : A Revolutionary Guide to Your Best Skin Ever"(Hardcover)by Leslie S. Baumann because I thought my mom and sister could use the information...they are still using tanning beds and sleeping in their makeup! Yikes...where did I come from? So I tried a couple of her recommendations "for my skin type" as well. Sorry this is so long...!

I have Milia Prone,Sensitive,Pigmented (acne scars),Comb skin.

L'Occitane: Immortelle Precious Cream: Loved this cream. It has a heavy texture but it just melts into your skin. It smells great and did not cause any reactions to my skin. It moisturized all day and my makeup applied over it and looked great.

L'Occitane: Immortelle Eye Balm: This is a very rich cream but it melts into your skin as well. It is very moisturizing but did not cause any milia. It did not burn or creep into my eyes at all and it wore really well under make up.

L'Occitane: Olive Radiance Moisturizing Cream. This one is hard to explain because it made my skin GLOW....not like greasy or particularly exfoliated just...beautiful. I had to keep staring at myself in the mirror to see what it had done. It did not lighten any scars or anything...it just makes you...well...radiate. It is defiantly getting added to my favorite mask list.

L'Occitane: Olive Harvest Express Eye treatment. I did not love this! It was a gel and it made my eyes very sticky. It also started to peel when I applied my concealer. It also crept into my eyes and burned.

L'Occitane: Olive Radiance Moisturizing Cream. LOVED!!! It absorbed quickly but moisturized really well. It gave the same "Radiant" look that the mask did which is hard to explain. Makeup applied really well and the moisture stayed all day...no greasy look at the end of the day.

L'Occitane: Shea Butter 24 Hrs ultra Rich Face Cream. I used this as a night cream and it was ok...I do not think I could use it as an everyday moisturizer but those with dry skin may like it. It does melt into your skin and a little goes a long way. Not something I would buy.

"The Skin Type Solution" Recommendations...

Vichy Thermal Spa Water: The book "Skin Type Solution" recommended this to apply before moisturizer. I do like it because it makes the moisturizer go a lot further...didn't really notice a difference in my skin.

Skin Effects: Wrinkle Relax Serum with lycopene. I'm not a big fan of this but I will stick it out for a bit. I have been using it on my forehead where my wrinkles are but I haven't noticed that it improves them. It also peels a little when I put on my makeup.

Skin Effects: Foaming Cleanser. This was not recommended but it was a buy one get one deal at CVS so I tried this. It is awesome! IT pumps out as a foam and takes off makeup with ease! It also does not dry your skin out at all which I would think it would because it has some "exfoliating acids" in it.

Esoterica Fade Cream Night time w/ moisturizers. This stuff is used to fade my acne scars. I have only used it for a couple of nights now but I haven't noticed any major changes. It is VERY think so I did not put it all over my face as recommended (only on my scars). I am going to continue to use it but I'm sure there are some more pleasant serums out there that do a better job without the smell or sticky feeling.
Mabsy

Tue Mar 14, 2006 1:57 am      Reply with quote
Wow, someone has been busy! The Olive Radiance Moisturising Cream sounds really nice Smile It's now on the list of things to try... *sigh* Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 14, 2006 5:50 am      Reply with quote
Some nice reviews there Very Happy

I have just purchased a L'Occitane soap after it was recomended as being like the Molton Brown soap. Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 14, 2006 8:08 am      Reply with quote
Yes...very busy! My charge card is still catching its breath! If you have a L'Occitane store near you (or sephora) get some samples. They gave me tons! It was enough to try each moisturizer for a couple of days to find which one my skin really liked. I keep going back and for between the olive and immortelle...they are both great but the olive gave me way more moisture (which in the summer might be too much) but the immortelle is more expensive....choices!

Hope you like it!
jjirak
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 25, 2007 11:08 am      Reply with quote
I love their Very Precious Fluid. I'm gonna check out the other products in that line.
blackmamba
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 13, 2008 9:16 pm      Reply with quote
I think L'Occitane would be too rich for my face but some of their products sound heavenly!
chorally
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 22, 2008 11:31 pm      Reply with quote
I only tried their products for body and hair, never for face.

For body, the shea butter cream and hand cream are very nice. For hair, their products are so-so.
existential lady
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 23, 2008 12:12 am      Reply with quote
Olivia, so how DID you get rid of your milia? You say "exfoliated", but I'd like to know what you used. It must be something very rough or potent and how could they then get infected?
I have 4 in a row under my eye and haven't been able to do anything with them, except that IS Clinical Active Serum raises them to where, if they were not milia, they could pop out. I have to get up the nerve to use a sterilized needle to prick them and squeeze them out, but since they are in this delicate area of thin skin, I'm afraid to do that. Please share your experiences, as there are others (there was a milia thread) who want to know.
hahaqj
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 23, 2008 12:23 am      Reply with quote
Immortelle is my favorite line. smells really good.
hahaqj
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 23, 2008 12:24 am      Reply with quote
Immortelle line is not heaven ~~.
blackmamba wrote:
I think L'Occitane would be too rich for my face but some of their products sound heavenly!
higig
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 27, 2008 7:54 pm      Reply with quote
I like shea butter hand cream.
beti
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 30, 2008 2:14 pm      Reply with quote
Mmmm i also like the shea butter hand cream and cuticle conditioner, really nourishing for my hands.

I never really thought to ask for samples from the L'Occitane store, I think I might try before I buy. The Immortelle range has always tempted me.
queenmary
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 05, 2008 8:57 am      Reply with quote
beti wrote:
Mmmm i also like the shea butter hand cream and cuticle conditioner, really nourishing for my hands.

I never really thought to ask for samples from the L'Occitane store, I think I might try before I buy. The Immortelle range has always tempted me.

i like the shea butter hand cream too, it's very good, i use it everyday.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 06, 2008 3:32 pm      Reply with quote
I love the sound of the Olive Radiance Moisturizing Cream. I've walked passed a L'Occitane store a few times. Never knew I can get a sample. Well, I'll actually stop by the store next time to pick up the samples then. Thanks for the info!
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:50 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |