Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

For those using almond butter in DIY DHCC
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Kirstin
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 15, 2006 3:24 pm      Reply with quote
Does anyone know what the amounts of additional ingredients one might add to a jar of almond butter, ie witch hazel, vit c crystals, EO's. I originally made the DHCC according to Carekate's DIY recipe, however I found it to be too grainy and it wouldn't stick to my face, rather it clumped off into the sink, I thought that the almond butter would do better to stick and as a result be manipulated into the "press and roll action." However I am not sure how much other stuff to add to a jar, any ideas?
amnis
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 15, 2006 9:32 pm      Reply with quote
If you have clumps falling off into the sink try adding more water and rubbing between your hands then apply to face.

I started out buying the bulk almond butter at Whole Foods which came out really chunky so I would have to grind it up finer using my mortar and pestal. Then when I didn't want to have hassle with doing this I started using pre-packaged-jar almond butter located next to the jars of peanut butter at Whole Foods. I also realize that this way provides me with fresher almonds (if I don't grind totally raw almonds myself).

I also do not add any additional oil to my blend except for essential oils. Some people on this forum buy the dry almond meal and add oils to it. I get plenty of oil from the almonds and I think I get much more benefit from them by doing this b/c the almonds are freshly ground (who knows for sure).

Also, to avoid the clumpiness, try adding either a bit less vit C powder or a bit less witch hazel or both.

HTH!

early-mid 30s || oily-combination, sensitive & acne-prone skin || mild breakouts (Aczone helps a lot) || occasional eczema rashes || fine lines around eyes || very dark under eye cirlces- concealer a must || very fair neutral-warm complexion, blue eyes, blonde hair
Kirstin
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 16, 2006 11:06 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the tips. I did find almond butter in a jar at my Kings Very Happy ... surprised I didn't have to go to whole foods, but I was a little confused with how much vitamin C to add to the jar, witch hazel etc. because using the jarred almond butter produces so much more than the original DIY recipe, which I must say I may have done wrong anyhow, because I wasn't sure if the ratio was for 12 almonds or 150. I did read in an earlier thread that someone just adds a small jar of tea tree oil to her jar of almond butter, but I have no idea about the vit C or witch hazel, any help would be greatly appreciated! Pray
amnis
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 16, 2006 7:11 pm      Reply with quote
Kirstin wrote:
Thanks for the tips. I did find almond butter in a jar at my Kings Very Happy ... surprised I didn't have to go to whole foods, but I was a little confused with how much vitamin C to add to the jar, witch hazel etc. because using the jarred almond butter produces so much more than the original DIY recipe, which I must say I may have done wrong anyhow, because I wasn't sure if the ratio was for 12 almonds or 150. I did read in an earlier thread that someone just adds a small jar of tea tree oil to her jar of almond butter, but I have no idea about the vit C or witch hazel, any help would be greatly appreciated! Pray

I guess I am like my grandmother who never really had a recipe for anything- she just added a splosh of this and a pinch of that to her recipes and was able to turn out delicious things. I go by the consistancy of my CC. I start with the almond butter (about 4 Tbs ??) then I add and mix after each step:
-a few shakes of Vit c powder (1.5-2 tsp maybe?)
-5 drops each of my EOs
-a few squirts of witch hazel (3-4 tsp maybe?)
(right before adding this the mixture is very creamy and a bit runny like the almond butter out of the jar. After adding the WH it becomes more thick and pastey).

This "recipe" yeilds about a weeks worth.

I will measure everything out next time and let you know (next batch due in a week or so). I have been meaning to do this anyway to provide myself with a more consistent CC.

early-mid 30s || oily-combination, sensitive & acne-prone skin || mild breakouts (Aczone helps a lot) || occasional eczema rashes || fine lines around eyes || very dark under eye cirlces- concealer a must || very fair neutral-warm complexion, blue eyes, blonde hair
Kirstin
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 17, 2006 1:43 pm      Reply with quote
Oh thank you, I really appreciate that! I never used the original DHCC so I wasn't quite sure what the consistency should have been to begin with. Lately I have been using the batch I already made in the shower, more like a mask and body scrub, which leaves me feeling super soft, but since I am sure that it ISN'T supposed to be used this way, I thought I would try making it more like the original stuff.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:22 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |