Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Pure Lux
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
cloud_9
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 16, 2006 9:25 pm      Reply with quote
I read posts about pure lux and I'm excited to try them. I emailed the company (through the "contact us" thing) twice for color recommendations and haven't gotten a response. Other people said she emailed really quickly, is there a direct email address or something I should use? Or if anyone has any color suggestions I use Bare minerals light #2 but it's too shimmery. Am I right that pure lux is more matte? Thanks!
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 17, 2006 12:00 am      Reply with quote
I'm waiting for my samples from them right now. They do have a forum where PL users can suggest colours for you. Christine, the owner, often pops in there. This is a one person company and she's recently had a surge in business so it can take time for her to get back to people. I suggest trying the forum. The link is on the opening page towards the bottom. You'll need to register with delphi to access it.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 17, 2006 8:23 am      Reply with quote
PL is a one woman show. Please give her a few days to get back to you. Her products have been talked up on this site lately, and she is probably swamped.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 17, 2006 11:58 am      Reply with quote
She's very swamped. Her website has a note that it'll take 2 extra days to get parcels out right now

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 17, 2006 4:19 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks, guys. I went to the Delphi forum and someone had already asked my question. I ordered samples of maize, warm cream, warm honey, and banana split and what red? correctors. I'm running low on BE and I'm really excited to get these samples!
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 17, 2006 6:08 pm      Reply with quote
My order is quite similar to yours

maize, warm cream, ivory, warm honey foundations and Tigers Eye & Golden Sands shadows..

we will have to compare when the samples arrive. I wish I'd gotten some of the eraser products

I also suggest maybe getting samples from everday minerals. Their colour system is the same as BE and they offer glo and semi-matte formulas. Samples are free, just pay shipping (which was $5 to canada) everydayminerals.com

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 17, 2006 7:15 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the everyday minerals idea. I'll let you know how it goes when I get the pl stuff!
Jala
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 17, 2006 8:09 pm      Reply with quote
I haven't tried the mineral foundation, but have lots of samples of her e/s. I found that when you mix the colors Envy & Mermaid together, you get the most gorgeous blue/green color e/s ever!! If you like that shade of e/s, try it...I promise you won't look like a 70's disco queen...It's really byootiful Very Happy !
makeupfiend
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 30, 2006 10:49 am      Reply with quote
So I ordered a bunch of samples from Pure Lux and I have to say I am NOT impressed. The mineral foundation is very chalky and has settled and creased into various lines by mmm...11:45 a.m. I got a few other samples as well, April's Mix, Radiance, You Glow Girl & Sericite. Not impressed with any of it. I've tried Jane Iredale, Glo Minerals & Bare Escentuals, and so far I think Jane Iredale is the best. I LOVE how water resistant it is but still very natural looking.
stardust
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 30, 2006 11:14 am      Reply with quote
I never got answers to my emails either so ended up just ordering samples from the website descriptions.

Tried:
Maize foundation - ok texture but color was too dark and greenish(?). Suitable for olive tones
April's Mix powder - this I liked. It mattifies and the clay-pink tone works.
Erasers in lavender, yellow & apricot - apricot was a bit dark, almost brownish. Yellow was ok and lavender was my favorite. Really helped hide redness on my cheeks and nose. I'll probably buy full size of this.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:07 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |