Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)
:: REVIEW :: DECLEOR Men's line (shaving products)
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 16, 2006 10:25 pm      Reply with quote
This review is on behalf of my DH, who is now a dedicated Decleor follower - well, at least for shaving.

(1) Aromessence Homme - Aromessence for Men CA$49 on EDS for 15ml (1/2 oz)
(2) La Creme des Hommes - Moisturizing after-shave balm CA$35 on EDS for 125 ml (4.1 oz)

A couple years back I puchased him the Decleor "Keep Control SOS Anti-Shining Gel" with my first EDS order and he did not like it at all (I think it was the anti-shine component). In the box, EDS had given me this little shave trial set that contained a small phial of the Aromessence oil (like a perfum sample tube) and a 3ml tube of the after-shave balm. Well, after the experience with SOS they just sat in the cabinet until a couple months ago when he suddenly discovered he had no aftershave-balm left.

I gave them to him and he used them but said nothing.. then a couple weeks later (yes, they lasted that long) he came to me to say they had run out and was looking for more. I was like "oh, you liked them?" and that was when I discovered he actually them.

The Aromessence oil is supposed to be applied before the shave (to weaken the beard) and then again after the shave and before applying shaving-balm. As he uses and glycolic cleanser (that he leaves on under the shaving cream) he only uses the oil afterward.

He never has any redness or rash, his skin is super soft and it smells SO good. The oil has clove and eucalyptus oil in it so .. yummy... but very masculine. The only negative is the price. CA$49 for a 15ml bottle.

The bottle is the same as used for the firming eye serum of Decleor's so it is hard to just get a small amount out. But one quick pump is more than enough to cover the whole face and neck. Judging by how much he has used in the last 3 weeks though I think he will easy get 4 months out of it (maybe 6 even) - but he only shaves 2 or 3 times a week!

The shaving balm keeps his face very hydrated and soothed, but never oily. He seems to like this above any other shaving balm that I have ever bought for him. With the next EDS order we might get another couple products from this line for him to try, but the oil and balm will absolutely be repeat purchases. 100% free from razor burn and baby-soft skin (and super smelling to boot); what more could a bloke ask for?!

Rating out of 5? He gives it a Cool Cool Cool Cool .5

(.5 off because Decleor has a few hidden chemicals in their products Laughing )
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 17, 2006 6:08 am      Reply with quote
For the record, I love using their Rasage Tendresse - Gentle Shaving Foam to shave my legs with my beloved new vibrating Gilette Fusion five-blade razor!!! Never have my legs been so smooth for so long, period.

Get it for your men OR yourselves, because it's wonderful!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 17, 2006 6:56 am      Reply with quote
P.S. Tiger_Tim – like your hubby, I’m also a HUGE fan of using pre-shave or shaving oil to help lubricate my skin so the razor g-l-i-d-e-s over the surface and minimizes the chance of irritation. I have several recipes for homemade shave oil that I use, which I apply before the Tendresse shaving foam.

Anyway, if the cost of the Aromessence shave oil bothers you too much, I bet I could come up with a homemade version that would only cost pennies to make! Maybe if you decide to take me up on that offer regarding the Paves shine serum I told you about, I could throw in a trial size of the homemade Aromessence oil for your man to try....it’s a standing offer, so you can PM me any time to work out the arrangements.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 21, 2006 7:49 am      Reply with quote
I've been meaning to review these for a while too... Laughing

About two years ago I had a couple of terrible inflamed yucky things on my legs - very pussfilled, very painful and just horrible (still have scars and discolouration). The doctor put me on penicillin and told me to stop shaving my legs, coz that was the cause of all my misery. Small cuts from the razor, and dirty product coming into the sensitized skin. She said that if I had to (and I HAVE to!) shave my legs, to use antiseptic soap (the kind they use in hospitals). I did this for a while, and round about then stumbled into EDS and bought loads of Decleor, amongst them was shaving stuff - and I haven't had any problems with my legs since useing these products - nada!

Like Carekate I also use the Gentle Shaving Foam for legs,and the Aromessence oil (samples) + Decleor Coupe Feu - Calming after-shave gel on after shaving.
the products, and love the scent.

Location: Denmark. Me = 32, think I'm combo without oiliness + sometimes sensitive. Have noticed that skin doesn't heal as quickly anymore and I've developed fine lines around my eyes... Hormonal breakouts which are sometimes cystic. PCOS
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 09, 2007 8:48 am      Reply with quote
I wanted to update this review with the ingredients of both products and also update on usage.

DH still loves the Aromessence and we are about to buy another bottle. He only uses it post-shave still (WAY to expensive for both pre- and post-shave). He uses Jason's shaving oil for the pre-shave and loves the combination.

He still has the shaving balm, but is not so wrapped in it now. He still likes it and uses it now that winter has come, but prefers the texture of the Art of Shaving balm (more liquidy) for summer use. I don't think he wants me to repurchase though, as he would like to try something from Weleda, etc.(also I am not keen on the ingredients list)

Aromessence Homme Soin De Rasage (pre-/post-shaving oil)

Ingredients:
Sweet Almond (Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis) Oil, Jojoba (Buxus Chinensis) Oil, Musk Rose (Rosa Moschata) Oil, Clove (Eugenia Caryophyllus) Oil, Eucalyptus Globulus Oil,
Tocopherol

La Creme des Hommes - (Moisturizing after-shave balm)

Ingredients:
Water (Aqua), C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Coconut (Cocos Nucifera) Oil, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Glycerin, Jojoba (Buxus Chinensis) Oil, Cetyl Alcohol, Glycol Palmitate, Panthenol, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Ginseng (Panax Ginseng) Extract, Jujube (Zizyphus Jujubu) Extract, Clove (Eugenia Caryophyllus) Oil, Dehydroacetate, Sorbic Acid, Tetrasodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance (Parfum), Acrylates/C10-30, Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Carbomer, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben, Isobutylparaben

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 09, 2007 2:44 pm      Reply with quote
I agree, the shaving oil is great. I use it all the time and it does make a difference.
Thanks for including ingredients Smile
lunarmm
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 09, 2007 2:49 pm      Reply with quote
Sorry I missed this as a Forum Gift as I would love for my boyfriend to try it. He gets ingrown hairs Confused

Carekate, maybe you can make a DIY version and add it to your product list?!? Wink

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 10, 2007 12:57 am      Reply with quote
My husband uses the Shaving Foam and the After Shave Balm and loves them.I bought them for Christmas 2005, before then he used any old shaving stuff and no moisturiser. His skin looks good now and they do smell great. Smile
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:10 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |