Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Where do they fit in?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
LandB
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 17, 2006 7:13 pm      Reply with quote
I'm thinking about adding AlphaDerma CE and DermaExcel 7 to my routine (for my eleven and forehead lines) but don't know where they fit in... in other words, in what order do I apply them? Here is my current routine - sorry it's so long but I buy some products from a local spa so I had to post the product descriptions for accuracy. Thanks in advance to all who stick it out and read!

AM:

Cetaphil cleanser
Vitamin C serum
Decleor Vitaroma Eye and Lip Cream
Sage and Citrus moisturizer (described below) or CG Smoothers tinted moisturizer if not applying foundation.

PM:

Cetaphil cleanser
Peptide treatment lotion (described below)
Sage and Citrus moisturizer

I exfoliate a couple of times a week with Neutrogena's microdermabrasion thingy, and I periodically use an aspirin mask or an AHA mask (described below).

Sage & Citrus Moisturizer
For oily and problem skin types. This light weight crème has special chosen ingredients to help to condition and tone skin. Active
botanicals like sage, watercress, and lemon help to purify and revitalize the complexion. The anti-oxidants Vitamin A, C, and E are
also used in this formula to protect and improve the skin’s elasticity.

Peptide Treatment Lotion
For all skin types. This treatment incorporates peptides, which help reduce surface areas of wrinkles and contribute to the thickening of
the epidermis by promoting collagen renewal. COQ10, known for boosting skin repair and reducing free radical damage, is included in
this lotion. Anti-oxidants of Japanese Green Tea, Vitamins A, E, and C protect the skin from environmental damage.

AHA Mint Masque
The combination of natural ingredients like glycolic, lactic, citric, and ascorbic acids stimulate cells to shed smoothly and rapidly. The absorbent and toning effects of bentonite clay clarifies problem skin, while sea kelp and horsetail extracts provide softness and skin
conditioning properties.

Thanks again!

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 17, 2006 7:30 pm      Reply with quote
AlphaDerma CE is vitamin C + E, right? so why not replace your Vitamin C serum with AlphaDerma CE then?

I'm sorry, this is definitely no help, but I think at some point you may start overloading your skin and your body just won't process all the good things you're applying topically Smile Maybe alternating is the answer for you if you want to keep using more than one similar things.
Mabsy

Fri Mar 17, 2006 8:53 pm      Reply with quote
I would suggest:

AM:

Cetaphil cleanser
Vitamin C serum
<<Alphaderma + Excel7 to spot treat>>
Sage and Citrus moisturizer (described below) or CG Smoothers tinted moisturizer if not applying foundation.

PM:

Cetaphil cleanser
Peptide treatment lotion (described below)
<<Alphaderma + Excel7 to spot treat>>
Sage and Citrus moisturizer

pumaka - FYI, Alphaderma is an argireline-based product.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 17, 2006 9:03 pm      Reply with quote
Mabsy,
doesn't it also have vit. C in it though?
sportygirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 17, 2006 9:10 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Land B

I'm wondering, with Mabsy's suggestion, if you would even need the moisturizer, esp. at nite, as you would then have 2 lotions and a moisturizer on. I have slightly oily skin and find that the ADCE is enough. I never have to
put anything over it. Just a thought! Smile

Sat Mar 18, 2006 12:13 am      Reply with quote
pumaka - you're right, it does. However, personally I would consider it as negligible. I wouldn't be replacing a 10% l-ascorbic acid serum with it. I can't recall the details but I think it might have something like 5% of a C ester. Could be wrong on that.

Btw, definitely agree with sportygirl. That's where the products fit in but whether you need the moisturisers you will find out once you start using it. I don't generally need anything over ADCE on my skin.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 18, 2006 2:10 am      Reply with quote
Thank you all so much! This is exactly the kind of dialogue I was looking for. Very excited to try these products now.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 18, 2006 8:39 am      Reply with quote
Hey, I, too, learned a few things Smile Thanks girls.
LandB
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 18, 2006 9:28 am      Reply with quote
Insomnia does these things to me.... but after I orded my 5-day packet of samples from JB (SO EXCITED!), I kept searching through the forum and noticed Winnie's review of DermaFreeze365, which seems like a nice addition to the regime...

So naturally I drove to the 24-hour pharmacy down the street and bought some. And like the lucky folks who also raved about it... it does work for me. Kinda spooky good, in fact. Lasted about 5 hours, I would say. Noticeably diminished my forehead lines for sure.

Based on Winnie's review and the product instructions, which note that it will block absorption of other products, but to use BEFORE moisturizer, seems to me that this would be applied as my last step after Alpha Derma and Excel 7, but before moisturizer... noting, as other above did, that the moisturizer might be unnecessary.

Consensus?

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 18, 2006 11:06 am      Reply with quote
Sorry - can't help you with this one. I've never used a freeze product. I've always been a little leery of their claims, although I may succumb after reading this. Please give us a heads-up after you've used it for a while!! Thx

Sat Mar 18, 2006 5:05 pm      Reply with quote
I'm not sure about the Dermafreeze but it sounds like using the ADCE, the Excel7 and the Dermafreeze might be a bit of overkill... I hope someone in the know will be able to give you advice on that.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 18, 2006 5:46 pm      Reply with quote
Mabsy wrote:
I'm not sure about the Dermafreeze but it sounds like using the ADCE, the Excel7 and the Dermafreeze might be a bit of overkill... I hope someone in the know will be able to give you advice on that.

You're right on the mark. Winnie said the same thing in her review (darned if I can learn how to post it here). It's more of a booster to the ADCE for special occasions.

Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:30 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |