Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
DIY - Hair Lightening?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
BYRG
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 18, 2006 12:30 pm      Reply with quote
Do you think it's possible to mix your own hair lightening spray? Have you done this? I was thinking maybe mixing some 3% peroxide with lemon juice, camomile tea and aloe vera might work. Should the peroxide be stronger though like 6% from a beauty supply shop? Of course I would do some test strands first.
mimsy
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 19, 2006 1:04 pm      Reply with quote
Byrg, I just saw a product at my local natural food store, called Antica Herbavita Chamomile Hair lightener. It's made in Italy and is distributed by Bioforce USA . You can find it at a number of places. This web site lists the ingredients: www.intermural-alternative-health.com/ingr/ingr600612.cfm
It has 3% hydrogen peroxide.If you want to research hair product recipes, try:
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/archive/index.php/f-25.html
check out #19 Lightening.
Hope this helps Smile
mimsy
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 19, 2006 1:14 pm      Reply with quote
OOps, sorry about that first url Embarassed (I'm sort of a newbie and I just discovered the preview button so I can test out the addresses to make sure they work!). Correct url is: www.internatural-alternative-health.com/ingr/ingr600612.cfm
For future, is there a way to edit a post that has already been sent? Confused
chimera
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 19, 2006 7:52 pm      Reply with quote
You can edit a post by looking at the thread after you posted and clicking the 'edit' button that's on the post you wish to edit. Smile
mimsy
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 20, 2006 9:38 am      Reply with quote
Thanks, Chimera. I'll get the hang of it yet! Rolling Eyes
cloud_9
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 20, 2006 8:24 pm      Reply with quote
Please be careful with this kind of thing. I used Sun-in when I was younger and my hair turned to orange straw! It sounds like you're making something pretty similar. I think if you have any red undertones in your hair it makes the orange reaction happen worse. Hopefully it works for you, though!
chimera
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 20, 2006 8:45 pm      Reply with quote
I've had a reddish reaction from sun-in too....would DEFINITELY do a strand test first!!
betterat40
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 20, 2006 10:02 pm      Reply with quote
I totally agree. If you want to add some golden streaks, I'd look for a gold-colored hair mascara that you can add in when you feel like it. Or go the beauty salon route and have them done professionally. It is so worth it. Smile (Coming from a brunette who has spent a lifetime trying to do them myself. And ended up with lots of brassy looking highlights many, many times.....Now, I just bite the bullet and pay a professional to do them. )
izzy.zizzy

Fri Aug 20, 2010 2:31 am      Reply with quote
To stop the redness come through and to wash out other colours in your hair, you can use bi-carb soda/baking soda... I use a mix of chamomile tea, honey, baking soda, aloe vera, lemon juice and water to lighten my hair. hope this helps! Very Happy
DragoN
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 20, 2010 11:45 pm      Reply with quote
Quote:
I used Sun-in when I was younger and my hair turned to orange straw!

Ditto that....never again. Was years and years ago. Worst thing I ever did to my hair. The peroxide doesn't wash out...it stays in the hair shaft and eventually....hair goes to crap. *shudders*
Zenity
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 22, 2010 7:30 am      Reply with quote
Do a search on the longhaircommunity forum under honey lightening.... You will find the honey thread and tons of information about how to lighten your hair naturally
CherrySilver
5% products discount

Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:01 am      Reply with quote
izzy.zizzy wrote:
To stop the redness come through and to wash out other colours in your hair, you can use bi-carb soda/baking soda... I use a mix of chamomile tea, honey, baking soda, aloe vera, lemon juice and water to lighten my hair. hope this helps! Very Happy

Ditto -- I put the mixture in a spray bottle for easy, even application. Brings out very subtle highlights in my hair. Just leave it in the fridge to make it last longer.

5% products discount

Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:04 am      Reply with quote
You may also want to try putting a little cinnamon in your conditioner. I usually put 1-2 tblsp. into about 4 oz. or so of conditioner (I have really long hair), apply and leave on for a few hours or overnight. You just have to be really careful about getting it on your skin, as it burns and will leave your skin red for a while. I've done this before and am now more careful, piling and wrapping my hair in saran wrap on top of my head, making sure no drips come down.

Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:31 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |