Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

21 year old in need of some skin care tips. thanks!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
ayu
5% products discount

Sun Mar 19, 2006 5:44 pm      Reply with quote
Hi all,

I have a few things that I need help with. So my skin was quite good until I started to hit 20. Then it seems as though during this past year, I can't seem to get it better! Here are my problems:

I have these white heads on the patch of skin on either side of my nose that won't go away. I use exfoliators and deep cleansing masks and it still won't go away. Occassionally a few would disappear but it is so temporary that they reappear after 2 days.

What are some good ways to get rid of these white heads? And perhaps I should do some pore refining after this to prevent the pores from being clogged again? So what type of creams are good for reducing pores?

Another problem is I have these fine lines under my eyes, and I believe they stemmed from using too much concealer. I have to use concealer because I have developed these huge dark eye circles these recent years also.

So can anyone recommend some good eye creams for reducing fine lines?

Finally, is there any way to get rid of dark eye circles? I'm not sure if mine are genetics because I never used to have them until I reached 15, and both my parents don't have these dark circles like mine. Any tips?

I'm hoping to learn about some products that are not TOO expensive.

Thanks for the help in advance!
aprilha
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 19, 2006 9:27 pm      Reply with quote
you can try:
OCM
Dr. H cleansing cream
Aspirin Mask
for the clogged pores

and for the finelines underneath your eyes
i'm still looking out for a product that can help!

hope someone else can help you with this problem... i need an eye cream for finelines too!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 20, 2006 5:13 am      Reply with quote
The Dr Hauschka Cleansing Cream is excellent for reducing pores, I would recomend trying the tester tin first.
I also like the homemade version of the cleanser, which can be found on the recipe thread.
OCM has from what I have read produced good results in clearing out pores as has the asprin mask.

Here is the thread with all the homemade recipes:
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=5981&start=0

As for undereye circles I think the first step in tackling them needs to come from diet and lifestyle, yes thats right minimising alcohol consumption and cutting out all white refined foods, caffiene, sugar etc.
Make sure you are getting enough sleep every night and eating healthily.
Drink lots of water and green teas and look into supplements.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 20, 2006 8:45 am      Reply with quote
Hi Rosebud....
How is Dr. Hauschka Cleansing Cream compare to OCM?
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 20, 2006 8:55 am      Reply with quote
The OMC did not work for me but I have noticed that a lot of people on the boards have had great sucess with it so I suggest trying OCM.
I needed to wash my face again and again after trying OCM.
I love the results I get from the Dr Hauschka Cleansing Cream and I go from prefering the homemade version, then the original, then the homemade. With the homeade I do not need to use a seperate make-up remover.
I find the original makes a good face mask Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 20, 2006 8:59 am      Reply with quote
Hi Rosebud...
I had to stop using OCM, as it might have given me a rash(i have a porting about this rash). Anyways.... Ihave never used dr h cleansing cream. With the homemade, how do you use it? Just massage it to your skin and rinse?
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 20, 2006 9:06 am      Reply with quote
Yes that's about right, I just use the same as I would the orriginal. What I like about the homemade is you can add whatever ingredients you like. For example I have oily skin with blackheads and the odd breakout so I use:

*Ground Almonds
*Grapeseed Oil: the almonds I buy are already ground and dry, the grapseed Oil also helps to remove my make-up.
*Bit of Witch Hazel: for anti-bacterial and astringent preperties.
*Tiny bit of Kaolin Clay: My skin loves clays
*Lemon Essential Oil: I like the scent and it is good for oily skin.

5% products discount

Mon Mar 20, 2006 4:23 pm      Reply with quote
thanks everyone for the replies! =)
Mabsy

Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:55 am      Reply with quote
I would definitely recommend the Dr Hauschka Cleansing Cream. It's great for clearing out the pores and decongesting the skin. In terms of eye cream, the Babor sensational eyes one is quite good. The Thalgo revitalising one was also surprisingly good. There are also eye creams with SPF, which I would highly recommend in terms of miniming future lines. Murad makes a really good SPF eye cream, and I have read positive comments about the Dermalogica one as well.

As far as dark circles go, I think before you try to treat them with a cream you should figure out why you have them. Lack of sleep? Allergies? Sinus problems?

5% products discount

Tue Mar 21, 2006 5:31 pm      Reply with quote
I think i will try out that homemade Dr. H first to see how it goes...

as for OCM, how exactly am I suppose to go about doing it?
christine
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 21, 2006 7:39 pm      Reply with quote
Rolling Eyes I'm wondering.. will the dark circles ever go away?
Dark circles have been with me ever since I remember .. even though I get LOTS of sleep Very Happy
tularyn
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 22, 2006 12:57 pm      Reply with quote
Carekate posted the following in the DIY skincare recipes thread, I haven't tried it yet, but I plan to pick up some gelatin next time I'm at the grocery store:

Darren's (aka: pbsadhaka) homemade Dark Eye Circle's Buster:

pbsadhaka wrote:
OK. Here is a gift to all you dark circled eyed gals out there. You asked for something to get rid of dark circles - here is a homemade Circle Buster recipe:

Go to your grocery store. Buy a box of regular, old fashioned unflavored gelatin (Knox, for example)
Take a small cup or bowl and put in 1/4 teaspoon of the gelatin mix. Add one Tablespoon of boiling water & stir for a minute.

Test it on your wrist to make sure it is not too hot. Then, using a cotton ball, pat it under your eyes as you would an eye cream or gel. Go lie down and listen to some music, or take a bath & let it stay on for at least 30 minutes. Then just rinse it off.

I worked in a day spa & this was our "Circle Buster" Treatment. Gelatin is very high in Vitamin K & Biotin. It will not remove your circles on the first application (but you will notice a difference), but if you do it daily for a week, and then 2-3 times a week for maintenance, you should notice a drastic reduction in dark circles.

The day spa where I worked charged $60 for this treatment (but they put rose petals on your eyelids), and it wasn't until after I quit, that I found out what was in those little white packets!
There you go.....enjoy! Wink

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?p=51728&highlight=circle+buster#51728[url][/url]
Kimmy
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 22, 2006 1:02 pm      Reply with quote
I am new to the forum, and stumbled upon it accidentally when I was trying to find something to help out my troubled skin.
I am 23 and have suffered "moderate" acne since I was at least 12. Crying or Very sad
I have tried absolute everything, or so I thought. I've even been on accutane twice!
I tend to break out around my chin and mouth. Does anyone have any recommendations for products that are available in my area, or home concoctions?
aprilha
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 22, 2006 3:57 pm      Reply with quote
don't we all love Darren?

can't wait to try out Darren's Circle Buster tonite!!

5% products discount

Thu Mar 23, 2006 1:37 am      Reply with quote
oh wow! defintely have to try that out.

i will let everyone know how everything goes as soon as i buy the stuff required.

im addicted to this forum now....
ayu
5% products discount

Sat Apr 22, 2006 1:11 am      Reply with quote
hi all!

ok so i don't know if anyone is interested in my progress, but i'm going to tell you anyway..

so i tried the OCM a couple of times and i must say i am impressed. the black heads just came right out... all gone!

as for the aspirin mask.. amazing also. i started off with just aspirin and water, but now i add milk, sugar and honey like carekate suggested in one of the diy threads. i think more than 85% of my white heads are gone...

i haven't tried the gelatin much yet, because i've been really busy with the exams but i did try it twice, but so far no effect. but i'm guessing twice is definitely not enought to see much of an effect on dark eye circles that have been around 6 years or so....

however, i am still looking for a cleanser because i'm too scared to try DHCC, as some people do break out after using it, and i don't want to take the risk! Confused

anyway, this forum is amazing!!!

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 22, 2006 9:53 pm      Reply with quote
Congrats!

And good luck w/ exams... I'm heading into that time too.

If you keep using the gelatin and start seeing results, let us know! I tried it that one time and just wasn't impressed, but I'm willing to be talked back into it, or told how to do it correctly.

Another thing--you might want to try a HA serum. I started using Skin Eternal a month or two ago, and I feel like it's really helping the texture and just overall radiance of my skin. (Still having other issues, of course, but I like this alot). I just got my order of PSF in the mail, so I can't wait to try their HA.

5% products discount

Wed Apr 26, 2006 2:46 am      Reply with quote
tularyn, thanks and good luck to you too!

i will keep you posted for the gelatin, i will be doing it religiously in about a few days!

what is the use of the HA serum?

i was planning on trying the vitamin C serum also... can they be used together?

Wed Apr 26, 2006 2:52 am      Reply with quote
I agree, this forum is addicting! can't tell you how much great advice I've gotten just from checking out all the posts

can't wait to try some of this stuff out Very Happy

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 27, 2006 7:00 am      Reply with quote
kelz wrote:
I agree, this forum is addicting! can't tell you how much great advice I've gotten just from checking out all the posts

can't wait to try some of this stuff out Very Happy

It really is addictive Rolling Eyes And my dissertation is falling so far behind!! Brick wall

Wish I could write the dissertation as easily as I can post here Wink

Tue Jan 23, 2007 3:02 pm      Reply with quote
Ayu said: Hi all!

Ok so I don't know if anyone is interested in my progress, but I’m going to tell you anyway..

So I tried the OCM a couple of times and I must say I am impressed. The black heads just came right out... all gone!

As for the aspirin mask.. Amazing also. I started off with just aspirin and water, but now i add milk, sugar and honey like carekate suggested in one of the diy threads. I think more than 85% of my white heads are gone...

i haven't tried the gelatin much yet, because I’ve been really busy with the exams but i did try it twice, but so far no effect. but i'm guessing twice is definitely not enought to see much of an effect on dark eye circles that have been around 6 years or so....

however, i am still looking for a cleanser because I’m too scared to try DHCC, as some people do break out after using it, and i don't want to take the risk!

Anyway, this forum is amazing!!!

Will someone PLEASE tell me what OCM is, I am new today, and am curious about Ayu's results. I want to try what she did for myself. Will someone explain the OCM and provide the recipe so I can try it?
plug-in-babe
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 24, 2007 3:50 am      Reply with quote
Fine lines are NOT caused by using too much concealer, unless you have the bad habit of not removing makeup thoroughly. But the main cause of fine lines at your age is sun damage. Please start a good sunscreen with high UVA protection and also put it under your eyes. Don't forget wearing sunglasses daily. Aging UVA rays are everywhere during the day, yes, in winter too.
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 24, 2007 6:38 am      Reply with quote
faythem1997 wrote:
Will someone PLEASE tell me what OCM is, I am new today, and am curious about Ayu's results. I want to try what she did for myself. Will someone explain the OCM and provide the recipe so I can try it?

OCM = oil cleansing method, click here to learn more: http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?p=162149#162149

5% products discount

Tue Jan 30, 2007 3:30 am      Reply with quote
Hi all,

Im still so new at all this its kinda daunting trying to learn all the abbreviation. I just read up on OCM and some other home made recipes. Altho i would love to make some of the stuff, im so scared that i'll add a wrong ingredient and burn my skin or somthing. Shock

Anyways, i just wanted some help which cleanser/toner/moisituriser to try. I am 23y/o and have Combination skin which is quite sensitive. I have blackheads and the occasional acne/pimples on my T zone and sometimes break out with eczema, especially when i am stressed. I feel i can never treat the pimples without drying my face out resulting in eczema at times and when i treat the eczema it becomes to oily and i break out. Mad

Ahhh the dilema..... reading all the raves about babor hyol and phytoactive i was considering trying the cleanser. What do u guys think? and which cleanser?. i am also open to different brands and ideas. Also advice on other skin products that may help my problem.

THANKS GUYS!
allaboutface

Tue Jun 19, 2007 7:57 am      Reply with quote
I am on day 5 of my Knox homemade Spa Dark Circle Buster recipe posted by an user in this forum. I have been applying the unflavored gelatin for 45 minutes twice a day now. The intensity of my dark circles has definitely gone down. So I am going to continue with this for the next two weeks once a day and see how it goes. Thank you for sharing this homemade remedy.

Also for any of you out there fighting with skin pigmentation caused due to sun damage and burn over years, I am trying the following:

I purchased a 16 oz bottle of organic unfiltered apple cider vinegar unpasteurized from the local whole foods store. I have added onion pieces in it. I take a cotton ball and dab the areas in my face that are visibly darkened (avoid eye area) with the above mixture, then I put my daily SPF moisturizer on. Hopefully in 4-6 months down the line I should be able to see some results.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:58 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |