Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
just got my order! Q. regarding Essential balm
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
dagny
5% products discount

Tue Jan 20, 2004 8:57 pm      Reply with quote
What is the best way to apply the Decleor Essential Balm? The instructions say to lightly apply in an outsweeping motion. Is this how most apply it??

Also --- it says to use the Neroli oil in the am, but doesn't say to use it in the pm. Should I use it under the balm at night then?

Thanks!
Dagny
alohagirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 21, 2004 12:34 am      Reply with quote
Hi Dagny.

Neroli Oil and Essential Balm are my current faves.

Question #1
The outsweeping motion works nicely, but be sure to warm it/liquify it so it won't tug your skin when applying. Most people warm it by placing a little in one palm and rubbing with fingers. (It's kind of hard to get it from your palm to your face, though.)

The method I prefer is to place a dab on a finger, then rub my hands together. Then I press my fingers onto my face and gently massage it in.

Question #2
I use the Neroli twice a day because
a) it can't hurt
b) it helps the Essential Balm go on smoothly

Hope this helps

--Alohagirl:P
dagny
5% products discount

Wed Jan 21, 2004 8:54 am      Reply with quote
Alohagirl

Thanks for your reply! Smile I applied it last night how you described (but without the Neroli underneath). This am, however, I was a mess of blackheads!!! Sad I am so sad! I know everyone says it HELPS with the blackheads. If so, does it take awhile? (ie. make them worse before they get better?). Maybe I "rubbed" it in instead of "pressing" it in?

Any advice? Sad
alohagirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 21, 2004 2:31 pm      Reply with quote
Dagny,

Rubbing vs. Pressing shouldn't make any difference. The only thing that matters is that you don't tug on your skin when applying anything.

I'm surprised about the blackheads. I know everyone's skin is different, but my skin is super-breakout prone, and Decleor's balms and oils never break me out. In fact, they clear and minimize my pores. I had remarkable improvement after the very first night. The waxy/oily texture freaked me out at first, but I tried it because lots of breakout-prone people on EDS & MUA were raving about it.

Could it be that something else caused the blackheads? Did you try a new cleanser too?

Mabsy

Wed Jan 21, 2004 7:06 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Dagny,

I apply it in the same way that Alohagirl explained as well.

I'm also surprised that you found yourself with more blackheads in the morning. I have normal/combo skin and find that using the balm actually helps with the blackheads (and it didn't get worse before it got better). I realise that products that work for one person may not work the same for another, but for now let's hope your skin's reaction was to something else Smile

So on top of asking what Alohagirl asked (about introducing anything new to your skincare routine) I'll also ask how much of the balm did you use? You only need a very small amount and you need to make sure that you warm it up so it's almost a clear liquidy consistency on your fingers.

Let us know how you go with it.

Mabsy
dagny
5% products discount

Wed Jan 21, 2004 8:32 pm      Reply with quote
Mabsy and Alohagirl:

Well, I have VERY VERY small pores and they clog so easily. Do you think that is the issue? I have used oils before without a problem. I have tried Darphin's Purifying balm and got blackheads. I was hoping the Decleor balm would not block them.

I didn't use very much of the balm --- but maybe I am using too much and don't realize it? How much "exactly" do you guys use?

Thanks again! Smile I am determined to make this balm work!!! Despite the blackheads, my skin had an awesome glow to it this am! Smile

Dagny
alohagirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 21, 2004 10:30 pm      Reply with quote
Quote:
Originally posted by dagny "I didn't use very much of the balm --- but maybe I am using too much and don't realize it? How much exactly do you guys use?"

Siri described it perfectly in a post a few months back: Use a dab the size of the red part of a matchstick--a little more if you don't use the Neroli oil first. I find this amount to be exactly right. Enough to do the job, but not enough to make your pillowcase yucky.Sad

I'm glad you experienced the "awesome glow." I love the other Decleor balms, too, but only Essential Balm gives me that noticeable gl:Dw.

dagny
5% products discount

Thu Jan 22, 2004 6:43 pm      Reply with quote
AlohaGirl --

The match-head amount is about how much I had been using. Last night, I decided to just use the Neroli oil and not the balm, and this helped.

I used Dermalogica's Microfoliant this am and then used the Neroli again afterwards -- we will see how things are when I wash my face tonight.

I think I will hold the balm for now ---- once my skin has cleared, then I will give it another try.

Dagny
ramsi
5% products discount

Fri Jan 23, 2004 1:40 pm      Reply with quote
I think I read somewhere on MUA that the essential balm could cause more pimples in the beginning because it's cleaning out the pores.
I didn't notice any purging either, but definately try this again, because I love it and it really gives a great glow in the morning!
dagny
5% products discount

Fri Jan 23, 2004 5:39 pm      Reply with quote
Ok -- well, last night after I washed my face I thought my blackheads didn't look too bad.

So........ I tried the balm AGAIN. This time, I just took 2 fingers and lightly rubbed over the top of the balm just to leave a little residue on them (and no more). Then I applied it over the Neroli oil. I thought there may have been a little increase in the blackheads when I woke up. But, after using the microfoliant, they were gone!

So, I think I just need to use a very, very, very tiny amount with my skin.

YIPPIE!!!!! I SOOOOOO wanted this balm to work! Smile

Dagny
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:44 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |