Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)
bad ebay experience
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
roadtonowhere
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 21, 2006 1:02 am      Reply with quote
So, to save some $$, I decided to purchased valmont renewing pack from ebay. It is said to be new. But when I got it today, the seal was broken, and I can see a folded crease on the seal.
I am so upset. I left the seller negative follow up feedback and he emailed me back saying that custom might have done it.
It is a bunch of *beep* since everything else was package perfectly. Is it even possible that somewhere, there is a custom guy who ripped everything open to check valmont renewing pack then package everything perfectly again???
Buyer beware.... there are some very bad people out there.
Ahhhhhhhhhh... I can imagine somebody was touching this, and how do I know if this person was touching it in a sanitary manner Mad
Sorry... girls I am just a little bit of a germophobe....
Mabsy

Tue Mar 21, 2006 3:25 am      Reply with quote
Sorry to hear that you had a bad experience Sad

In terms of customs, it is possible that they have opened a product. However, when your parcel is opened by customs they generally leave (and I think they are required to) a sign that they have opened it (in Australia they have a special yellow tape with writing on it to state that it was opened by customs). So I think you would know if they opened it.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 21, 2006 9:35 am      Reply with quote
Mabsy is absolutely correct on this one. Canada Customs is also required to post a sticker on all opened shipments. I've had 2. It reads "opened and inspected" and then the date they inspected it. If you did not have this, then the product was probably opened by the seller! Sad

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 21, 2006 9:51 am      Reply with quote
I am looking at the custom declaration sticker now, and there is nothing that says that anybody opened and inspected it. It was sent from HK, so unless it is in Chinese characters, there is no way I can read it. I emailed the guy and he emailed me back. This sentece is taken from his email to me
"And sorry to tell you that I can't do anything for you if the seal is opened,cause I can't open every items and check if they're security seal."
what a shady individual.... Mad
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 21, 2006 10:21 am      Reply with quote
roadtonowhere wrote:
I am looking at the custom declaration sticker now, and there is nothing that says that anybody opened and inspected it. It was sent from HK, so unless it is in Chinese characters, there is no way I can read it. I emailed the guy and he emailed me back. This sentece is taken from his email to me
"And sorry to tell you that I can't do anything for you if the seal is opened,cause I can't open every items and check if they're security seal."
what a shady individual.... Mad
Out of curiosity, what was this seller's Ebay rating?

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 21, 2006 10:22 am      Reply with quote
That's a shame. Is there any way you can return it for a refund? Not sure how E-Bay works. I've never orderered anything from there! Neutral

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 21, 2006 10:30 am      Reply with quote
carekate... this seller's rating is 100% .
unfortunately, I already left him positive feedback the moment I got the item because I was so excited. In the evening, when I was gonna use it, thats when I realized that the seal has been opened. Too bad I cannot remove my positive feedback Sad
sportygirl... well, i dont think i can return it...
<sigh> next time, I better make sure I opened the item before leaving positive feedback.
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 21, 2006 11:01 am      Reply with quote
contact ebay, they should be able to help you change your feedback. Hey, if they can do bid retraction why not feedback retractions???

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 21, 2006 11:23 am      Reply with quote
well... ebay has this long explanation about feedback removal stuff..... And I think it has to be mutual. The thing is, if the seller and I agree the mutually remove our feedbacks, nobody will see how shady he is. I left him a follow up feedback about how the item is opened and stuff. Besides, since I cannot return/exchange the item, I'd rather have my opinion on it (follow up feedback) so ppl can be aware.
m.april
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 21, 2006 11:31 am      Reply with quote
Hi roadtonowhere - I did an eBay search on completed Valmont Renewing Packs auctions and think I saw your listing. In the item description, it said the product was a trial size. But the description is a translation and it could be that what you received is actually a tester. If this is indeed your auction, it would explain the condition of the product you received. Just a suggestion: in the future, you may want to only bid on items that are described as being brand new AND packaged in the original box with cellophane wrapping, if applicable.
roadtonowhere
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 21, 2006 1:21 pm      Reply with quote
Hi m.april....
yeah... I wasnt really smart about it. When I bought it, the item described as new.. And yes, there is no box. But the description "new" should mean taht the item is actaully new, you know.....
Definately no more buying from this person for sure.
There are a lot of trustworthy ppl out there on ebay, I just have to be more careful next time.
Chrissie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 21, 2006 4:56 pm      Reply with quote
at least you leave follow-up feedback!!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 22, 2006 4:14 am      Reply with quote
I'd been thinking about RoadtoNowhere's bad experience because I've personally been making more and more Ebay purchases recently and I guess it's only been through sheer luck that I haven't gotten screwed over by someone yet....

So I don’t know if this idea has already been proposed at some point, but perhaps we could have one of the administrators setup a sticky thread in one of the forums where we could provide the names and/or links to reputable Ebay sellers that we’ve dealt with, along with the name/description of the item we bought. That way, if someone is looking to buy, for example, the Beauticontrol Lip Apeel kit on Ebay, the member could check this thread to see if someone else had already gotten it from an Ebay seller and whether or not the experience was positive. Heck, we could even list the names of Ebay sellers from whom we got burned as a warning to other members to proceed with caution if thinking of buying from that person!

Whaddaya think, would this be a good thing?

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 22, 2006 7:11 am      Reply with quote
I think that's a GREAT idea Exclamation Exclamation

Pesonally I've never bought anything from Ebay for fear of getting screwed. Embarassed

I really, really like your idea CareKate Exclamation
Hopefully your suggestion can be done here on the forum. Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 22, 2006 7:57 am      Reply with quote
I would love to see an ebay-related thread or forum.

A concern that I have when purchasing certain products from ebay is the possibility of the contents not actually being the real deal. (empty containers filled with counterfeit product, put back in box and wrapped in cellophane?)

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 22, 2006 8:25 am      Reply with quote
Hi Debra - Before I started buying skincare on eBay, I also worried about the possibility of products being counterfeit. Even though eBay prices are generally at a decent discount, some things are still quite pricey. But when bidding on a product that's already familiar, unmistakable characteristics will allay those concerns. Freshness of more perishable skincare is still a concern, but the feedback system is generally a good tool to help sort it all out.

My concern about an eBay index on this forum is that we'll all end up bidding against one another!
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 22, 2006 8:47 am      Reply with quote
did you pay for your item through Paypal? You can always contact paypal for a chargeback to the seller stating the item was not received as advertised or arrived broken/tampered.

Quote:
To file your Buyer Claim, click Continue. We will work to resolve your Buyer Claim as quickly as possible, but it may take at least 30 days to complete our investigation and resolve the dispute. If your item was never received, or was significantly not as described (and purchased on eBay) you may be eligible for additional protection from eBay's Standard Purchase Protection Policy through PayPal's Buyer Complaint Process.

Filing a Claim
Verify payment through PayPal. Make sure PayPal was used to pay for the item in dispute.
Check the date. All claims must be filed within 45 days of the transaction.
Gather outside verification of your claim. If you are filing a claim because you received fake or inauthentic merchandise, please be prepared to submit a letter of inauthenticity from a reputable expert who can substantiate your claim. This letter should be on official letterhead and include contact information so that we may discuss your case with the expert if necessary.
Be prepared to provide relevant information. Your participation is essential in helping us come to a fair conclusion. Buyers who don't respond to inquiries will have their claims cancelled. Sellers who don't respond to inquiries will default the claim and automatically refund the buyer.
Enter the Transaction ID for your payment in the space below. We require the Transaction ID to investigate your claim. To find the Transaction ID, click on the Get PayPal Transaction ID button below.

On PayPal go to the resolution center and look into filing your claim!
roadtonowhere
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 22, 2006 8:50 am      Reply with quote
carekate..... I agree with you... we should have this list of ebay reputable sellers.
thia is the second time I got burned by some bad ebay sellers.
tiger_tim.... I will check out the paypal thing. thanks for looking that up.
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 22, 2006 8:58 am      Reply with quote
m.april wrote:
My concern about an eBay index on this forum is that we'll all end up bidding against one another!
I hadn't thought of that! Think Maybe because I'm too bloody impatient to go through the bidding process?! I always use the "Buy it Now" option because -- as I've repeatedly stated on this forum -- I want what I want when I want it!!!!! Very Happy

Wed Mar 22, 2006 5:52 pm      Reply with quote
I can double check this with Magda/EDS and see if we can have it here. My concern would be negative feedback (which could be done maliciously, at last ebay has infrstructure to handle this and only lets users that have completed a transaction leave feedback) and also sellers joining up and trying to promote themselves without us knowing. Along with that, sellers logging on and complaining about the feedback they are receiving on here....

Of course, outbidding each other is also another concern.

Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:13 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |