Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
MAVALA Eye-Lite Double Lash-Another Miracle Lash Treatment?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
wenrow
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 21, 2006 7:45 am      Reply with quote
On Makeup alley with 124 reviews it still got an 82% pos rating to repurchase and it is not expensive, only $13.50.

Wondering if anyone here has tried it.

Here are the reviews:

http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemID=61314/Double-Lash/Mavala/Treatments_(Eye)/
wenrow
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 21, 2006 5:06 pm      Reply with quote
Well I'm going for it. I'm almost out of Lucia anyway. whatshebuys.com offers free shipping and it is only $14.50 so it is over 1/2 the price of Lucia so it can't hurt. I'll post results after a 2-3 weeks.

Here are the ingredients:

Ingredients: Water, Magnesium, Aluminum Silicate, Butylene Glycol, Propylene Glycol, Alcohol Denat, Xanthan Gum, Lactococcus Ferment, Glycosaminoglycans, Proline, Riboflavin, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Hexamidine Diisethionate, 2-Bromo-2Nitropropane-1, 3-Diol.
Chrissie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 21, 2006 5:08 pm      Reply with quote
once you start using it, please let us know what you think!!!

Tue Mar 21, 2006 6:46 pm      Reply with quote
I've tried it and didn't get any particularly good results with it. If you do a search for mavala you should find some previous discussions about it - from what I recall someone had a problem with it in that it caused their lashes to fall out? I think it was the Mavala stuff; you should be able to find out and double check. Still, that would have been a reaction to it - I haven't had any problems (other than it not giving me the results I expected).

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 21, 2006 7:26 pm      Reply with quote
I used it (twice in fact, I re-purchased). It was good as far as lash conditioners go, my lashes became somewhat more resilient, but it didn't make them darker or longer. I guess I had more lashes left over, cause fewer fell out.

Results were good for the price and if you have reasonable expectations. I think I'll use it again at some point. For now, want to experiment with a few other things.
Jala
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 21, 2006 8:49 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, I used up a bottle of this awhile back, and it made my lashes really long...but in kind of a strange way! The tips of my lashes were very fine, almost wispy, and some drooped down! It just happened to the tips...weird Embarassed . My lashes are normally thick and they still were after using this, but as I stated, the tips were so thin and long, I actually had to cut a few of them Shock Lately, I've been using Dreamlash/Ardell...when I remember Confused
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 22, 2006 6:10 am      Reply with quote
I used to use Mavala, along with Talika Lipocils, Starlash, DreamLash...just about all them, but wasn't impressed. Lucia and Ardell were the best, until I developed my own formula. I also like the Jan Marini Age Intervention Lash stuff (works as well as my homemade serum), although the $125+ price tag may be off-putting for some.

For the record, here are some links to past discussions about the various lash serums:

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=8859&highlight=mavala

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=4447&highlight=mavala

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=6593&highlight=mavala

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=5318&highlight=mavala

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 22, 2006 6:14 am      Reply with quote
P.S. Speaking strictly based on my newfound knowledge regarding ingredients that can stimulate lash growth, looking at the ingredient’s that Wenrwdy listed in her initial post, I don’t see a single thing in the Mavala formula that would stimulate any sort of growth based on my experience but it must have something since there are so many MUAers who’ve reported good results.... Confused

5% products discount

Wed Mar 22, 2006 1:34 pm      Reply with quote
to carekate....how long did you use jan marini age intervention eyelash and are you still using it?

carekate wrote:
I used to use Mavala, along with Talika Lipocils, Starlash, DreamLash...just about all them, but wasn't impressed. Lucia and Ardell were the best, until I developed my own formula. I also like the Jan Marini Age Intervention Lash stuff (works as well as my homemade serum), although the $125+ price tag may be off-putting for some.

For the record, here are some links to past discussions about the various lash serums:

Nijey
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 22, 2006 2:27 pm      Reply with quote
I've used Double Lash in the past (in fact, still working on finishing off a bottle), and have concluded that while it makes a good, not-too-expensive lash conditioner, it is not much better at accelerating growth than the ultra-cheap Ardell. I think the Mavala might've helped grow a few more random lashes above my normal lash line, and make the rest stronger and softer, that's about it. I'm going to stop using it after this bottle as it's a pain to apply and sometimes gets into my eyes (due to the goopy texture) and blurs my vision and stings my eyes a little. But it's okay if you're only looking for a basic eyelash conditioner and don't want to pay lots for Shu or Talika.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 22, 2006 4:40 pm      Reply with quote
Can this be purchased at a Whole Foods Store?

TIA!
pumaka
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 22, 2006 7:19 pm      Reply with quote
Not sure about Whole Foods, sorry... but I always bought it from Strawberrynet.com. They have a pretty good price for it with free worldwide shipping.
wenrow
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 22, 2006 9:10 pm      Reply with quote
carekate wrote:

Thanks for posting those. I know that is so weird that so many MUAs had good results. Well, I was put off by some sayng it was white and smelled like glue. I'll send it right back when it arrives. I did order some more Dreamlash. I had two bottles of Ardelland gave those away to a ESD gal. I seemed to have had better results with the DL. And I'm still using Lucia. I would like to have just ONE product to use instead of two. How close are you to the serum being ready to distribute?
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 23, 2006 8:08 am      Reply with quote
Well, here comes another trade-mark rambling CareKate post! Please forgive me as I try to address multiple questions and comments in a single post:
Twinmommy2 wrote:
to carekate....how long did you use jan marini age intervention eyelash and are you still using it?
I just replied to your question in the other thread you created but I’m copying the replies here in case anyone else is interested:
carekate wrote:
Twinmommy2 wrote:
i did so a search and not that much info. I saw that u used it, for how long? They say u have to use it for well over 3 months to get long full lashes. Up to 6 months to get even better results.
I've been using it on one eye since Valentine's Day (using my homemade serum on the other eye). It DOES work, but not really any better than my homemade lash serum. Still, among all the store-bought lash serums that I've tried (and I've tried almost all of them), it is the best. Even better than the former HG combo of Lucia + Ardell!!

carekate wrote:
Twinmommy2 wrote:
are yours getting longer, fuller?? It's good to hear that it is good stuff. I started using it 1 week ago, so I have awhile till I start seeing something.
Mostly longer, with a lot of new baby lashes sprouting. For over $125+ a pop, the stuff better give us all inch-long, false-looking eyelashes!!!! But again, I must emphasize, that the difference I am seeing on the other set of lashes being treated with my homemade serum are about the same as those on the eye using the JM stuff.

ErinChristine wrote:
Can this be purchased at a Whole Foods Store?
FYI - in the U.S., I’ve seen this at some Ulta stores so you might check there before ordering online. Unfortunately, I’ve only ever seen Talika Lipocils at Sephora stores so don’t bother looking there for the Mavala. If you end up having to order it online, if I remember correctly, I found it was cheaper fromwww.whatshebuys.com and they had free S&H.

wenrwdy@aol.com wrote:
Thanks for posting those. I know that is so weird that so many MUAs had good results. Well, I was put off by some sayng it was white and smelled like glue.
Yeah, I found with the Mavala that I could only use it at night because it left a noticeable white tinge to my lashes and *did* have a tendency to flake off. I even tried applying regular colored mascara over the Mavala (this was in the days before I discovered the joys of 1000 Hours DIY lash tinting!), but you could still see little bits of white right at the base of my lashline wear the colored mascara didn’t quite reach. I never noticed that it smelt like glue, but then again I never actually held the bottle up to my nose to inhale its “bouquet!!” Neither did I have any problems with stinging or irritation, so I guess I was lucky in that regard.

wenrwdy@aol.com wrote:
How close are you to the serum being ready to distribute?
VERY SOON, I hope! I had some problems with the empty mascara tubes that I had originally ordered (in a word, they were CRAPPY!) so I’ve had to hassle with the company from which I bought them in order to get my money back and then find an alternate supplier. The problem I’ve run in to is that nearly every online retailer that I’ve found that has empty mascara tubes available only sales them “wholesale,” meaning I’d have to order them by batches of 1,000 or some other ridiculous number. Of all the links to mascara tube providers that EDS members gave me when I asked for help trying to find someone to order from, only one or two of them actually allowed you to purchase them single-ly, which of course makes them more expensive.

The irony here is that I’m actually using my old Mavala DoubleLash bottle with built in spooly-wand that I washed out and disinfected to contain my own supply of Dr. Holland’s Lush Lash!! I’ve had such problems trying to find the empty mascara tubes to use to distribute my serum that I’ve even thought about buying up a bunch of el cheapo, 99¢ mascara from Walgreens or Walmart and dumping the contents and washing the containers and brushes to reuse to package my lash stuff, but I decided that would definitely be asking for trouble in terms of being able to guarantee that they were sanitary and wouldn’t give anyone an eye infection or something. I’ve got enough hassles going on with the whole “waiver” thing so I don’t need to borrow any more trouble! Shock

Also, while waiting for the new mascara tubes to arrive, I’ve been tinkering with the formula one last time in order to remove more of the “oily” ingredients and make it more of a water-based formula. I, personally, quite like the oily-based formula that I’ve got now because it gives me a bit of a glossy-sheen to my midnight blue-tinted lashes so I don’t need to wear mascara during the day for gloss and definition, but I know most of you would likely rather have a formulation closer to Ardell so you can wear it as a primer or undercoat and apply your mascara over it.

If I’m not able to resolve my (AFFORDABLE) empty mascara tube supply situation in the next couple weeks, then I might simply decide to offer everyone who wants to order it my lash serum packaged in a plain glass eyedropper bottle or other plastic container and let you guys worry about finding a convenient way to apply it. I mean, you can always buy a package of disposable mascara spooly-wands from a beauty supply store like Sallys for a couple bucks and just use one of those to dip in the serum bottle and apply it. Not very glamourous or high-tech, but it least it would be more functional than not being able to use it at all!

If anyone actually wants to go that route, I can probably have some serum ready to send out by late next week....

If you don’t want to wait for my lash serum to be ready for it’s official debut and you want to find a single lash treatment to use rather than layering products like with Lucia + Ardell or DreamLash, AND if money is no object, then go ahead and order yourself some of the Jan Marini Age Intervention Lash because it is – up to this point – the absolute best store-bought lash serum that I have used to date. I still don’t think it’s worth over $125USD, but at least it works! Keep in mind that you won’t really start noticing anything happening with the JM until around Week 3, though.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 23, 2006 8:48 am      Reply with quote
carekate wrote:
Also, while waiting for the new mascara tubes to arrive, I’ve been tinkering with the formula one last time in order to remove more of the “oily” ingredients and make it more of a water-based formula. I, personally, quite like the oily-based formula that I’ve got now because it gives me a bit of a glossy-sheen to my midnight blue-tinted lashes so I don’t need to wear mascara during the day for gloss and definition, but I know most of you would likely rather have a formulation closer to Ardell so you can wear it as a primer or undercoat and apply your mascara over it.

i'm going to e around and see if i can locate those tubes for you. i have weird friends back home Shock .... in the meanwhile, i think most people wanting to use your serum already have a tube they can reconstruct themselves from some other lash product. i think your distributing it in dropper bottles would be perfect!

also, speaking only for myself here, i'd much prefer the oil-based formula you have now. i'd rather have glossy lashes, both in the day and going to bed. never been particularly crazy for wearing ardell during the day alone or as a base for mascara. it is just way to stiff. i'll take gloss and definition any day and i haven't dyed my lashes in months!

just my two cents, for what it's worth. (damn, they don't have a smiley with batting eyelashes)
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:45 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |