Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Vaseline saved my eyes!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
skinprofusion
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 21, 2006 8:14 am      Reply with quote
Hi
Ok about 2 weeks ago! I was doing a 20% aha peel in my bathroom, and ofcourse I messed up and got some on my eye lids! for about 10 days My eyes where so dry and peeling, puffy! red! I hardly couldn't open them! I had no idea what to do! but tried every eye cream I had! Even Creme he La mer! Even Neosporin! Everything I applied burned Like Hell! I had no idea what to do! I was in the store the other day and was looking for what else I could try (neosporing type product). I came across good old vaseline! when I got home I applied a very thick layer all over my eyes did burn! the next day my eyes where healed!
it's been about a week now and i'm back to normal but I still like to apply Vaseline On my eyes! every morning when I wake up they look so fresh! Very very hydrated and plump!
What do you know a $1.99 Miracle!
I believe all it is 100%mineral oil yuK! but it works!
I've moved it down to my lips now! hehe
tularyn
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 21, 2006 8:42 am      Reply with quote
So glad you're healed! If you're looking for moisturizing and plumping for eyes/lips, you might also want to try avocado oil. I personally try to stay away from petroleum products, or minimize my use. (I am, however, allergic to neosporin, so when I have a wound that I need to keep moist and protected I do use vaseline).

There's a thread somewhere here about it, I'll try to find it an link, or maybe someone else will comment.
Olivia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 21, 2006 9:09 am      Reply with quote
I have tried a lot of eyecreams but nothing has the same result as vasaline. I put a little on my eyes each night. No milia...no grease...just moisture. I have heard horror stories about mineral oil but I say WHAT EVER WORKS!!!
deanne123
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 21, 2006 10:39 am      Reply with quote
Many on here have 'pooh-poohed' me when I said use Vaseline after a peel, but it works! I had to wear it for 2 weeks after each TCA peel I had and I was terrified I would break out, but I never did....at least not from the vaseline. Laughing

I'm glad it worked for you. It really does wonders, but I hate getting it in my hair! Mad

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 21, 2006 12:24 pm      Reply with quote
I used to use Vaseline on my eye area and loved it. Actually Vaseline is one of the products I can't live w/o. About few years ago one of the sales rep at Dior counter (I've known him for over 10 years.) told me the mineral oil in Vaseline is very bad for the eyes. I don't know if it has a scientific base but I stopped using it around my eye since then.

Yes, I know, all creams / oils are not supposed to go into the eyes but it did go to my eyes few times.

Tue Mar 21, 2006 1:02 pm      Reply with quote
in which way?
i once heard a supermodel swear by this nightly treatment for wrinkles.

i'm 30 and all of a sudden noticing lines...
MACrisis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:35 pm      Reply with quote
I'm sorry I did not say it clear. It's not good if Vaseline get into your eyes. I don't know you girls but I have experienced few times that eye creams get into my eyes.

I know everything is bad if it went into your eyes but I was told mineral oil is VERY BAD.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 21, 2006 8:04 pm      Reply with quote
boy everything is bad for you these days! I say if it works! wonderful!
sharky
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 22, 2006 11:05 am      Reply with quote
And a number of really pricey creams sold here have a large amount of mineral oil.
MelissaMarie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 22, 2006 2:25 pm      Reply with quote
I've never been on the mineral oil is bad bandwagon nor do I understand why it is thought to be, I slather it all over my body with fabulous results.
la vie en rose
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 22, 2006 3:45 pm      Reply with quote
MACrisis wrote:
About few years ago one of the sales rep at Dior counter (I've known him for over 10 years.) told me the mineral oil in Vaseline is very bad for the eyes.

rejoice! you can start using vaseline again. and everybody can continue using it without worry. mineral oil is NOT bad for your eyes.

i use a product called Lacri-Lube (no jokes!) in my eyes at least three or four times a week. i'm a contact lens wearer and have low body water so my eyes dry out. i've been using it for years and it's one of the few nightime treatments that does not irritate my very sensitive eyes. it's actives are white petroleum 56.8% and mineral oil 42.5%. i think of all the eye creams out there, vaseline would be the *least* bothersome if it got in your eye!

my grandmother who had the most amazing skin on earth used only vaseline, slathered all over her face, neck, and hands every night. that's all she used. she lived to be an hundred and still had awesome skin! unfortunately for me, it does break me out. but then again, it's sometimes the only thing (as skinprusion has said) that will work when your skin is in crisis mode.

off to put my lacri-lube in, so bonsoir everyone.
wenrow
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 23, 2006 7:44 am      Reply with quote
Vaseline was my eye make up remover for 15 years. It is cheap and good for the skin and nothing helps to remove mascara even waterproof better.
la vie en rose
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 24, 2006 1:47 am      Reply with quote
due to a PM i received, i felt i needed to add this post script to clarify for some newbies who may have gotten a little carried away with the whole DIY movement....

just because i said you needn't worry if you get a little Vaseline in your eyes, it does NOT mean that you should ACTUALLY put it IN your eye. Lacri-Lube is a sterile ophthalmologic ointment that is meant to be put in your eye. VASELINE IS NOT!
Lara1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 24, 2006 4:06 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Skinprofusion, I'm glad that you found cure for your skin around eyes. You can also try jojoba oil, it's very soft and moisturizing. The most important attribute of jojoba oil- it doesn't sting your skin.
Good luck!
Lara

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 24, 2006 4:38 pm      Reply with quote
Lara1 wrote:
Hi Skinprofusion, I'm glad that you found cure for your skin around eyes. You can also try jojoba oil, it's very soft and moisturizing. The most important attribute of jojoba oil- it doesn't sting your skin.
Good luck!
Lara

I've tried that as well it didn't sting your right but didn't really do anything either! I love it in my hair!
MelissaMarie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 25, 2006 3:07 pm      Reply with quote
I forgot about lacrilube (costly little tube btw)...used it for years Laughing your right its mineral oils and such, slaps forehead!!!!

Melissa
mocha
5% products discount

Tue Mar 28, 2006 7:02 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the tips, girls!
Just want to let you know that Vaseline doesn't only relief my dry lips, but also sooth my the allergy on my lips! Although my friends warned me about "eating" mineral oil is bad for my health, I don't care as long as it helps!! Laughing
Seaera
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 29, 2006 11:09 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the tip!
I use vaseline every night on my lips and feet to keep them soft. Smile
ErinChristine
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 29, 2006 5:07 pm      Reply with quote
My mom always used vaseline too. She swears that's why at 49 yrs. old, she still doesn't have undereye wrinkles or crow's feet. I use vaseline sometimes to remove underye makeup.
peace of mind
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 22, 2006 5:18 am      Reply with quote
what a miracle !

Sat Apr 22, 2006 8:57 am      Reply with quote
i use vaseline for my lips too. it really works for me, compared to other lip moisturizers.
Lolli
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 22, 2006 9:43 am      Reply with quote
I got so tired of eye makeup removers stinging my eyes, the dual phase silicone are my fav but I feel they irritate my actual eye and skin around it and the water based 'gentle' ones are just evil (for me), stinging and dryness.

I started using mineral oil on a cotton pad to remove my eye makeup and I'm in love!! It's the only thing that doesn't irritate my eyes if I get a bit in, I sure hope it's not terribly bad for them. I can't see it being worse than silicone and detergent based removers.

Vaseline on my lips at night in the winter is a staple, love it! I've taken and put it in small pots so I can have it in my purse and each bathroom without a big tub taking up a bunch of space.
puglove
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 22, 2006 6:11 pm      Reply with quote
I guess its time to break out the Vaseline! I have a huge huge bottle of it - in my dog's basket Rolling Eyes I use it on his nose folds and paws in the winter time.

Weird that I never thought to use it on myself!

Thanks for the tips ladies! Very Happy
Stardustdy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 23, 2006 9:10 am      Reply with quote
So u ladies are using the vaseline jelly or the vaseline body lotion to apply it around your eyes? So no milia or bumps whatsoever after u used it around the eyes? Amazing... I always thought that it's a bit greasy to be applied on the face... Neutral
SusieQ
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 23, 2006 8:18 pm      Reply with quote
Stardusty, that would be the vaseline jelly. If its used on the face, use sparingly and its fine; makes a great hand balm. It has very good water binding properties for the skin, which explains why skin ends up being soft and supple.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 17, 2024 7:16 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |