Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
facial exercises
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
la vie en rose
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 22, 2006 7:49 am      Reply with quote
I've been wanting to try these, so I did a search around the internet and found this: http://www.faceex.com/eBOOK/ I have *no* idea if they work or not, but I just did a round and definitely felt a burn. And, hey, it's free!

I thought it would also be nice if anybody here is doing facial exercises that they feel are benefitting them to share them with everybody else.

TIA
sharky
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 22, 2006 10:58 am      Reply with quote
Thanks! I used to do facial exercises (and found them to be effective) and I've started again. This site has a few I did not know about. Also she looks terrific (and she must be 60 or so).
doba
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 22, 2006 11:07 am      Reply with quote
Thank you for posting the site.
la vie en rose
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 22, 2006 11:37 am      Reply with quote
doba wrote:
Thank you for posting the site.

you're welcome!

i was hoping others in the forum that do have a little tips and tricks (i know i've seen them in other threads like for eye lifting) that have helped them would share with everybody on this thread. someone? ANYONE? wave
m.april
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 22, 2006 12:03 pm      Reply with quote
I'm going to break out my old Dermal Tone (sp?) device soon. I used it years ago but like any exercise program, one must stick with it. Like you, la vie en rose, I got a "burn" which told me it was definitely working the muscles. But I tired of using it because I didn't notice much difference in my jawline contour. Since then, I noticed something. When my mother began her final illness last summer, I was so busy running around that I lost nearly 10 lbs. This is a lot since I'm 5'5" tall and weigh anywhere between 115 and 120. The puffiness/beginnings of jowls disappeared!!! So maybe my problem wasn't muscle sag afterall and the Dermal Tone can help me keep things from heading south! If I get disciplined, I'll keep you all posted Laughing Laughing Laughing
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 23, 2006 2:11 pm      Reply with quote
You know, I'm VERY skeptical of these devices and always feel that anything short of a professional level tool just won't work.

But, my sister gave me a Dermal Tone back in January and I've been using. Darn !!! The thing is amazing. It really works AND I saw results faster than I expected to.... I know she bought it on eBay; not bad for the price.
BYRG
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 23, 2006 2:46 pm      Reply with quote
Is there a benefit to using an electronic device over just using your fingers to exercise your face muscles?

Also, I heard that the more you make facial expressions and touch and move your skin around that the more it wrinkles and stuff. I've heard of warnings against facial exercise for that reason. Then looking at the women doing it though it doesn't seem to have caused them any problems like that. I'm not sure though. Cause like some of those exercises like for the eyes etc. you do it and it causes these lines in your forehead afterwards that go away like 10 or 20 min. later on there own. They say that it is temp. and nothing to worry about. But what is the effect of doing that temp. everyday long term? Wouldn't it be like other facial expressions that cause lines like raising your eyebrows or squinting your eyes etc? Thanks.
la vie en rose
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 23, 2006 4:22 pm      Reply with quote
damn both you ladies with your dermal tone! Wink here i was trying to find some free exercises for everybody and you tempt me with yet another way tp spend my $$$. (isn't getting ISClinical enough???)

will have to look into this as well when i visit the states next month. (ISClinical emailed me and said they do NOT have their products available over here right now -- sigh.) my one concern, if it's really working for you guys, is the power supply -- different voltages, etc. i imagine this would just eat up batteries like crazy!

thank you truly. grumble grumble. this trip back home is going to be soooooooooooooo expensive. Rolling Eyes
m.april
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 23, 2006 5:37 pm      Reply with quote
I DID use the Dermal Tone after reading your post Laughing It's powered by an adapter, but when I've been in Europe, I've used batteries but it didn't seem to operate as powerfully with them. Maybe my batteries were weak, though. I suppose one of those receptacle converters/adapters could work to be able to use it in a European socket. But mine has an offset preventing me from plugging in the rather large plug on the Dermal Tone -- you'd need a flat converter.

The instructions advise applying moisturizer before starting, but yes BYRG, there are some who say facial exercises can add to lines in spite of this. When doing the eye exercises with the Dermal Tone, it causes a squint. But I'd rather risk lines than droopiness, and hope that a lavish layer of moisturizer beforehand will help offset any increase in lines. Also, lotion is applied to the nodes on the device with each change of position, and by the time you get going, there's pretty much goop on the face. There are also increments of power so when it comes to the short muscles of the eye area, a lower setting is advised which prevents too much of a squint.

And to answer BYRG's other question, the advantage of using something like this as opposed to using one's fingers is that it's much easier to work the muscles this way. I tried to do exercises with my fingers and could never get the muscle action possible with the Dermal Tone.
BYRG
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 23, 2006 6:35 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks m.april. Yeah, tempting to get a product like that, but $200 - wow! Maybe down the road someday. I'm only 28 and don't really need it right now, but I heard that it helps prevent if you start early. I've never listened to advice of not touching my face, even though I should. I'm always touching my face, resting it in my hands, rubbing my eyes etc. It's a hard habit to break. I love touching my face it's relaxing and soothing, but probably bad for my complexion.
m.april
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 23, 2006 7:52 pm      Reply with quote
BYRG - You don't need to do facial exercises if you're only 28! The issue about creating lines would be more of a concern for younger faces. Also, I didn't realize these devices sell for $200 now. Wow, I'm glad I already have 2! The first one I bought had thinner-gauged wire on the adapter cord and it stopped working in less than a year's time so I complained. They sent me a new one which was exactly the same except the cord that came with it was thicker and it's worked well. I'm so glad la vie en rose started this topic -- I'd forgotten about mine since I hadn't used it in well over a year. It really can help keep facial muscles toned.

Maybe those who're interested should check eBay like katee suggested -- I bought my NordicTrack used and it didn't look like anyone had ever even tried it, which is rather common for a lot of exercise equipment.
sharky
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 24, 2006 5:51 am      Reply with quote
La vie: There are two exercises I use that were not on the site one for under eye bagging:
Put your pointer fingers at the outside edges of your eyes. Move your undereye area up in counts of ten and then hold up for a count of 20 and repeat.

And for laugh lines around your mouth:
put a finger in the corner of your mouth (or can use your tongue to push out with)pull the cheek muscle in pulse of 10 and then hold for 20. Repeat. I've found this one to be particularly effective if done every day. I have not gotten any new lines from exercises. You're moving muscles in ways that they do not normally move.

I am thinking of the Dermatone.
MACrisis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 24, 2006 10:02 am      Reply with quote
Sharky:

Can you please explain the facial exercise you do in detail. I tried to do it but did not really know how.

Thanks!!

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 24, 2006 10:57 am      Reply with quote
I've had the Dermal Tone for years and as I said in another thread, I LOVE IT!

I would like to say, that if you're feeling a 'burn' you're using it on to high of a setting.. Also if your eye is squinting, again, to high.. You're tiring your muscles and as in the eye area, causing yourself more problems in the future... That's not what you want... It's a subtle motion that you want..
FoxyMama1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 24, 2006 12:01 pm      Reply with quote
You girls are awsome - (like you read my mind) I was just wiating for a thread like this one! Now, I will be buying that Demral Tone - that I have been promising myself for a long time. La vie en rose thanks for the Link. Much appreciated. Rose

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 27, 2006 3:43 pm      Reply with quote
Oh, just came across another good site for simple facial exercises:

http://www.beautybible.com/libc08.htm

Enjoy,

Kiwigirl.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 27, 2006 7:53 pm      Reply with quote
I'm so glad this topic came up and reminded me about my old Dermal Tone device. I've used it 3 times since last week and already my upper lids have lifted. I was getting very concerned about this area because ever since my mother died in September, and then one of my beloved kitties died last month, I've been crying almost every day for the last 6 months and my upper eyelids were getting droopy from being swollen so often. I've been freaking out about this, thinking my grief had done irreparable damage. I should add that I think I went overboard (for me) on retinol use and ended up making matters worse. I know this is off-topic but my skin is looking much better using a milder retinoid than the SkinCeuticals .5% I've used since last summer. I was demoralized because I could never work my way up to using it every night -- if I went beyond 3x/week, my skin felt irritated, looked too dry and even lined! Combined with the crying, it made my eyes look a fright, and I never even used as much in that area as on other parts of my face. I'm beginning to think that these retinoid directives that say to start slowly until nightly tolerance is achieved is so much blather -- probably to try to get people to use up more product faster. There have to be others out there like me who simply can't tolerate daily retinoid use when it's a stong variety. In my case, less is more and my skin looks better (I switched to Avene Ystheal about a week and a half ago).

I was giving up hope and planning on visiting my plastic surgeon about getting an upper bleph, but now with the milder retinoid and Dermal Tone, my eyes look very good again. What a relief!!!

And I'm Kiki is correct about not using too high a setting for certain parts of the face, especially around the eye area. While the longer muscles of the neck and jaw can handle stronger settings, the eyes can't. But I have to say that I DO feel a bit of a burn (warmth really) when I use it. And just like it says in the directions, my face feels refreshed when I'm finished. I don't know if it can deliver quick (or any) results for someone who's very saggy with poorly-conditioned skin, but I believe that some improvement can be counted on -- it may just take more time.
la vie en rose
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 28, 2006 2:25 am      Reply with quote
thank you, everybody, for joining in! can't say i've seen any huge difference yet (of course i'm bloated with my time of the month), but my face seems to be enjoying the extra pampering it's getting. and, of course, i'm currently only going the 'manual' route.... the weird thing is that i seem to have less hormonal breakouts this month. could it be the exercises? hmmmmmm.

and to m.april, sorry for all your losses. losing a kitty on top of it all, well, i understand what you're feeling. hugs! i am so glad that the exercises have given you back your eyes as well. it's amazing what effect our appearance can have -- especially on ourselves. wow, i look good -- which means i must *feel* good. kind of like the song 'whistle a happy tune.' Very Happy and i agree with your thoughts on the retinals. sometimes less IS more.
Elly Mae

Tue Mar 28, 2006 5:10 am      Reply with quote
I've been lurking here for a couple of weeks, reading. lol

Thought I'd go ahead and register as I have a dermal tone, actually I have had it for a couple of years but had only used it 3 or 4 times back when I first bought it.

After reading the forum and finding people who say it really works, I am once again motivated and ready to get started with it.

Very cool forum. Love the DIY recipes and plan on trying some of them.

Smile
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 28, 2006 8:40 am      Reply with quote
Hi there Elly Mae and welcome to the forum. Stick around - we'll show ya how to blow your budget Wink
sharky
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 29, 2006 12:38 pm      Reply with quote
Elly I am considering buying one. Please post back when you have used it for a week or two.
Elly Mae

Fri Mar 31, 2006 4:41 am      Reply with quote
sharky wrote:
Elly I am considering buying one. Please post back when you have used it for a week or two.

OK Will do. I took pictures before so I can tell if there is any improvement. Smile
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 12, 2006 12:03 am      Reply with quote
so guys, any update with how young and taught you are all looking?
FoxyMama1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 12, 2006 6:28 am      Reply with quote
Very Happy Whats the feed back - beautiful young girls?

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 14, 2007 6:19 pm      Reply with quote
Guys, are you still using Dermaltone and are you still happy with it?

Have anyone heard of Cleo?

TIA,
Lucy.

Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:48 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |